• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Tournament Results

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
Your Username: Tomato
What place you were in? 2nd
Tournament Style: Singles
Tournament Date: 6/5/10
Tournament Location: LI, NY
Tournament Size: 14
Tournament Thread Link: N/A
Other characters you used: N/A (Decided to go all Ness for this one)

Made ten bucks for getting second. If I had won Game 3 in the Finals I would have won $50 :( Dedede is a beast. It was just a little tournament with some friends, but it was good nonetheless.

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
Lol you're the third person to ask me that, and I'm sorry, but I am not. I am not the legendary translator =/ I'm just some punk who stole his name inadvertently. (I started using Tomato around the internet since 2002, I had no idea I was ripping some guy off)

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
Smaller-ish tourney. :ohwell:

Your Username: Jiffy
What place you were in? 4th
Tournament Date: 6/26/10
Tournament Location: Parma, Ohio
Tournament Size: 17
Tournament Thread Link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=279254
Other characters you used: Wario

Your Username: Jiffy
What place you were in? 1st
Tournament Style: Doubles
Tournament Date: 6/26/10
Tournament Location: Parma, Ohio
Tournament Size: 5 teams :ohwell:
Tournament Thread Link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=279254
Other characters you used: Wario for a game.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Your Username: Victra
What Place you were in: 4th
Tournament Size: 16
Tournament Style: Doubles
Tournament Date 06-13-2010
Tournament Location: University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Tournament Link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=277619
Other Characters: GaW

Not bad for my first brawl tourney ehhhhhhhhh? Didn't enter singles though XD Too scared. I entered with my friend Jamie. SHe used MK/Snake hahaha. That's probably the reason

I'm gonna compete in both doubles and singles this next monthly so prepare! =p

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
Lol nah, I just go with Ness since I only feel comfortable enough with him, at least competitively. Otherwise I also go Yoshi, Mario, Kirby, Pit, Diddy or Sonic when I'm playing casually. Still have yet to pick up a real secondary, considering I still really haven't done much to improve my Ness game. I just play by instinct, & my instincts aren't necessarily the best, considering I'm new to the whole competitive Smash scene - I haven't been to any tournaments, and have lost all of my sets in online tourneys.

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
Your Username: Tomato
What place you were in? 1st
Tournament Date: 6/30/10
Tournament Location: LI, NY
Tournament Size: 16
Tournament Thread Link: N/A
Other characters you used: Yoshi once in the round robin.

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
looks like it was a small tourney, but very nice anyway. Good job!! I don't think it counts for tier list, etc. though because there is no thread.. but oh well.

ViceGrip

Smash Journeyman
Your Username: ViceGrip
Tournament Date: 7/2/10
Tournament Location: Oxnard, California
Tournament Size: 26
Tournament Thread Link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=9975
Other characters you used: Just Ness

I also got 2nd out of 9 teams in doubles (earning back entry fee is always nice) and our team name was NiceGrip lol.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Tournament Date: 7/2/10
Tournament Size: 26
Tournament Thread Link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=9975

I also got 2nd out of 9 teams in doubles (earning back entry fee is always nice) and our team name was NiceGrip lol.
Good job, dude!

I saw some of the vids for your doubles matches on AIB... do you think you can bring those links over to the video thread?

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
I don't have a link since it was literally just me & my friends from school & work, so it was organized exclusively through texting/facebook messaging. None of them come on here so having a thread for it didn't really make much sense.

But thanks guys. Always glad to rep Ness as well as I can. Dude's a beast.

ViceGrip

Smash Journeyman
Tournament Date: 7/16/10
Tournament Size: 28
Tournament Thread Link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=10068

I also got 2nd out of 11 teams in doubles (earning back entry fee is always nice) and our team name was Junkgrip this time (me and junk, Ness and D3). It was the exact same top 4 results as the last time if anyone noticed haha. Oh well, I'll keep on trying to hit that top 3. The videos from this tournament are already posted in the video section here.

ViceGrip

Smash Journeyman
Oh you did? he didn't mention that, the jerk! I'll have to get all the details haha. Okay I'll say hi to him for you. Sorry I couldn't play for longer on wifi the other day btw, Had to run out the door and just wanted a few friendlies. Also Junk lives literally 2 blocks from me so I'm playing with him pretty often, hopefully I'll be much improved on the mk/d3 matchup and just better overall by the end of the summer.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Do it, ViceGrip! You'll be in tip-top shape in no time against those two! When I go back to San Jose, I'm going to see if I can attend some tournaments in Union City or something.

ViceGrip

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, Uffe! I hope so, i feel like i'm improving little by little and i've been getting consistent, pretty decent results hmmm. Yay I hope you can do some tourneys, then maybe I can watch some new youtube Uffe vids!

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Ok, vice, now I've got something else to add to dtilt madness: while the single and double shot dtilt followed immediately by something is the safest option, you can probe them for knowing how to counter that by a dtilt flurry, ending with a safE option as before (nair, shield, jab, ftilt, grab, fair). It's best to mindgame them first by spamming it at a safe distance then going in with the single or double shot.

This may not work so well off wifi. I practiced these theories on an il person through wifi, and they racked up tons of damage after training him to defend the single shot. Snake can stop it though, and probably zss and mk as well.

Also, what I meant was that you can go from the single/double shot and the safe followup to the flurry with safe followup and back so that you constantly switch up your game, but keep in mind that the less is safer.

TheShuckler

Smash Rookie
Gonna be in a tournament on Friday... Gonna try getting at least 7th (It's small.)

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Ugh. I hate lazy TO's. I've placed 3rd, 7th, then 4th in recent tourneys with Ness but I can never get all the tourney details I'm after. :(

Flayl

Smash Hero
Hey guys, please submit your tournament results to this thread. Any placing or tournament size will do as long as it has an entry fee.

To submit, please include
- Link to tournament results
- Link to tournament ruleset and entry fee
- Your gaming handle if it's not immediately obvious
- Characters used (no characters higher than E tier may apply)

The more results I get the more accurate the list will be. This is also a way to power-rank the players of your character.

edit: BEFORE YOU SPEND TIME GATHERING YOUR RESULTS: I'm not using tournaments that occured before August. It's simply too much work.

Shaky

Smash Ace
Place: 1st
Where: Miami, FL
Event: Singles and Doubles (teamed with NickRiddle)
Characters: Ness and GW for 1 match
Size: 15 people?

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Gj shakes! Always getting those top spots in florida, eh?

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Go Shaky! Didn't know you had a pocket G&W. Was there no thread/attendance list for this tournament?

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Yeah, offline tournaments only.

Speaking of, I need to update the last 7 months worth of tourney results sometime soon.

Top Bottom