• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness, Lucario, Jigglypuff essentially confirmed

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Ouch. .That IS the death knell for Mewtwo then. Now all we need is the Krystal/Falco/Wolf debate settled and K.Rool confirmed and I'll be happy. I'm just sorry to see Mewtwo go. I didn't use him much, but he was a cool character. By the way, Serebii, if it's true about what you say, the doesn't that mean new paths can be accessed once characters are unlocked via other modes?

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
Regarding the jigglypuff one, groundon is selected and it says something about fire at the bottom left, next to all the characters it says seal ( we already know what it means tho). If anyone can gimme a larger picture w/ the same clarity i can read out what groundon does, if anyone cares, cause right now i cant read what it says completely.

kamekasu

Smash Ace
Actually he's not

All playable characters are playable in the SSE
Now I definitely believe you're the real Serebii.

For one, Serebii.net was just updated with the information revealed in this thread, when just minutes ago your userpage said you were viewing it. The timing is too good for you to be a fake. That means that everything you've said in the past on this board is true...

I guess I'll have to concede that Mewtwo is not in the game.

DevilRyodo

Smash Cadet
Really Serebii? That seems strange to me. Though I guess not if characters like Jigglypuff are playable in SSE, who would most likely be unlocked by beating Classic, isn't important, and doesn't really have a personality of its own.
She has about the same amount of personality as characters like Mario, Peach, Zelda, etc. . .

Intercept

Smash Journeyman
Wait, so do you know? Or are you assuming? Your two posts have very different tones. As I said, after thinking about Jigglypuff you're most likely right. I'm not a Mewtwo or a Claus fanboy, not having Mewtwo just seems a little silly to me. I definitely won't question you on that though, I'm sure you know if Mewtwo's gone.

spindash

Smash Ace
Actually he's not

All playable characters are playable in the SSE
If you are correct, I'm beginning to really grow more weary about the roster that includes R.O.B. as playable. A single R.O.B. that functions the same as all others, that happen to be ENEMIES, playable in Subspace Emmisary?

Again, this does NOT add up in my eyes.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I'm pretty surprised that Serebii knows so much about the non-Pokemon related side of Brawl. I'm not asking for spoilers, Serebii, but does Nintendo give you information about other aspects of the game, or just information regarding Pokemon?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If you are correct, I'm beginning to really grow more weary about the roster that includes R.O.B. as playable. A single R.O.B. that functions the same as all others, that happen to be ENEMIES, playable in Subspace Emmisary?

Again, this does NOT add up in my eyes.
Prof Hector could be involved...

Then ROB could easily be playable in SSE

kamekasu

Smash Ace
Wait, so do you know? Or are you assuming? Your two posts have very different tones. As I said, after thinking about Jigglypuff you're most likely right. I'm not a Mewtwo or a Claus fanboy, not having Mewtwo just seems a little silly to me. I definitely won't question you on that though, I'm sure you know if Mewtwo's gone.
If you're talking about Serebii, he knows. He said long ago that Mewtwo was out, in favor of Lucario, and this more or less clinches it. Assuming that his info that 'If a character is playable in the game, he's playable in SSE' is true of course...

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Im really surprised they took out Mewtwo though, I thought they would try to keep a villain pkmn rep. I guess not/

kamekasu

Smash Ace
Im really surprised they took out Mewtwo though, I thought they would try to keep a villain pkmn rep. I guess not/
Maybe it's because he's no longer current? There is no way of obtaining him in the last generation, besides Pal Park. Therefore Lucario is a much better choice. Pokemon Trainer and the Starter Pokemon are much more iconic than Mewtwo ever was.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I'm not convinced that they are confirmed.....MARK MY WORDS.....I'am not convinced....Until I see them offically announced on DOJO then I will say they are not playable characters yet.

Intercept

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, what I was referring to in my question to Serebii was are all characters playable in SSE, not anything specifically about Mewtwo.

IDK, Mewtwo is pretty iconic. He's still one of the best pokemon of all time. Do you remember what a big deal the first pokemon movie was? He's actually quite significant to the anime and to the games, something Jigglypuff can't say.

About Jigglypuff having more personality..... MAYBE the anime Jigglypuff. A random Jigglypuff has no personality.

metalx42

Smash Rookie
@Fawriel:

You'll buy it and enjoy it aniway. I've whanted Ridley to be in the game since Smash 64 and i still enjoy the games.

Also, for the last time:

Mewtwo and Claus are not deconfirmed yet, the stickers can only be addedd to playable SE characters, MEwtwo and Claus could very well be Villains in SE, wich means you would probably not be able to use them in SE, wich means no Stickers could be used on them.

technincally king dedede is also a villian from the kirby franchise yet he still can be equipped with stickers so ur argument is gone but still there is hope maybe dedede will be a playable villian in some twist but mewtwo and claus wont for other reasons.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
i agree. Mewtwo is definately out. Because serebii says so. And mewtwo just isn't as iconic as before. If there is a next smash game, and another pokemon game, lucario will be out too.

kamekasu

Smash Ace
Sorry, what I was referring to in my question to Serebii was are all characters playable in SSE, not anything specifically about Mewtwo.

IDK, Mewtwo is pretty iconic. He's still one of the best pokemon of all time. Do you remember what a big deal the first pokemon movie was? He's actually quite significant to the anime and to the games, something Jigglypuff can't say.

About Jigglypuff having more personality..... MAYBE the anime Jigglypuff. A random Jigglypuff has no personality.
I don't know about your Serebii question, but I know that Jigglypuff is IMMENSELY popular in Japan. He is one of the most popular Pokemon, and has been through the generations.

Jiikae

Typing of the Red
you'd think that with this leak confirming ness that people would learn to stop deconfirming people..especially if there is no reason for them to be out of the game.... sakurai has no reason to remove mewtwo (dont give me that over representation crap.. mario series anyone)and why you all would want him out is beyond me...he's not a clone and if sucky characters were supposed to be gone bowser shouldnt be in. maybe hes not unlocked or maybe that sticker just doesn't work on him... same for claus.

Intercept

Smash Journeyman
What's strange about Mewtwo being cut is it seems like he would need to be tweaked less than any other character, considering he's already slower and floatier.

Intercept

Smash Journeyman
Well, they didn't cut Ness, Ice Climbers, and most likely not Game and Watch. They didn't cut other people with unique movesets. I accept it at this point, it just doesn't make sense.

bd43

Smash Cadet
Ness being in is the one reason I wouldn't completely toss the idea of Mewtwo.

But still, every possible reason that he wouldn't have been in that sticker list with the other 4 is just too much of a stretch. And trying to stretch it just makes him seem less and less likely.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
man, this was an amazing find.

Ok, so 2 cents coming at ya. I'm not surprised about Lucario replacing Mewtwo. I'm going to admit I was hoping they'd both be in, but I'll be ok with it, here's why. Lucario will probably keep Mewtwo's charge ball. And, um, Pokemon Trainer. I would have traded Mewtwo for the chance to play as Ivysaur alone! But now we're getting 3 of the best pokemon to ever exist! Squirtle, Ivysaur, AND charizard. Yeah... I'll live.

Ness. So classic to this franchise. He would have been missed. If only for his classic home run bat and yo yo. I hope he gets a few new moves as well.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Well, they didn't cut Ness, Ice Climbers, and most likely not Game and Watch. They didn't cut other people with unique movesets. I accept it at this point, it just doesn't make sense.
Exactly, it doesn't make sense. It's completely irrational.

Thus, if all these leaks are true, it confirms that Sakurai is a raving lunatic.

Thus, I postulate that the final very secret character we unlock is a 2-dimensional photocopy of Masahiro Sakurai's hairy balls.

Matt Silver

Smash Journeyman
In a world where there is no Sakurai. Only Link...
man, this was an amazing find.

Ok, so 2 cents coming at ya. I'm not surprised about Lucario replacing Mewtwo. I'm going to admit I was hoping they'd both be in, but I'll be ok with it, here's why. Lucario will probably keep Mewtwo's charge ball. And, um, Pokemon Trainer. I would have traded Mewtwo for the chance to play as Ivysaur alone! But now we're getting 3 of the best pokemon to ever exist! Squirtle, Ivysaur, AND charizard. Yeah... I'll live.

Ness. So classic to this franchise. He would have been missed. If only for his classic home run bat and yo yo. I hope he gets a few new moves as well.
Good on you! Stay positive.

Jiikae

Typing of the Red
ok are people deconfirming mewtwo because of serebii? I really dont want to be the one who has hope for someone who is in reality gone.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Here's food for thought: what if Ness returns with Mewtwo's old moveset, but Earthboundified?

Up B=PSI teleport
>B = weaker version of PSI Rockin
B = altered version of PSI brainshock
vB = PSI paralysis/hypnosis

all Mewtwo's tail moves could be replaced with yo-yo or bat attacks.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Ooh, Serebii finally speaks! Hey Joe, if its not too much to ask, might Mewtwo maybe be encountered in... other big ways?

Lu-Gi-Oh!

Smash Apprentice
I know! I've honestly lost a good deal of hype for this game now! Not just because of the Mewtwo thing, but also because of this underwhelming roster. (Yeah, I kinda believe it.) I actually had low-expectations for newcomers in this game and I'm STILL disappointed!

Top Bottom