• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need some advice or have a question about something? Ask here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
1/60th of a second. There are 60 frames per second.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
No you dont have to able to crawl. Theres a vid on youtube of Crag Walking. A marth just SHs right and then immediately DIs left (like how Marths weave in and outve of range with Fairs) As you land, keeping holding left for like split second and you should slide back pretty far. You can input any move during the slide but it has to be towards the middle of the slide cause the game doesnt register the input if you do it at the beginning of the slide (in the vid he does a Fsmash that comes out before the slide ends) A lot of characters can do this (Do a RARed Bair with Fox and you slide really far in the direction you jumped)

With the crawl, you might be talking about the thing where you crawl back and then put stick to neutral immediately after causing you to slide back. Its almost like a small WD but slower.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
@KewKKy
Amazing Amphoros has a thread on how the games timer splits a second into 60 parts. In the part of the timer that comes after seconds doesnt go through all 100 numbers. It actually splits it up into 60 parts so if you know when an event began and ended, you can just calculate the frames by seeing which frame in the second the nanasecond was on (Theyre called nanoseconds right?)

Hope that wasnt too confusing :ohwell:

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
No you dont have to able to crawl. Theres a vid on youtube of Crag Walking. A marth just SHs right and then immediately DIs left (like how Marths weave in and outve of range with Fairs) As you land, keeping holding left for like split second and you should slide back pretty far. You can input any move during the slide but it has to be towards the middle of the slide cause the game doesnt register the input if you do it at the beginning of the slide (in the vid he does a Fsmash that comes out before the slide ends) A lot of characters can do this (Do a RARed Bair with Fox and you slide really far in the direction you jumped)

With the crawl, you might be talking about the thing where you crawl back and then put stick to neutral immediately after causing you to slide back. Its almost like a small WD but slower.
My mistake, I thought it needed a crawl. I probably was thinking of another crawl+sliding technique.

@KewKKy
Amazing Amphoros has a thread on how the games timer splits a second into 60 parts. In the part of the timer that comes after seconds doesnt go through all 100 numbers. It actually splits it up into 60 parts so if you know when an event began and ended, you can just calculate the frames by seeing which frame in the second the nanasecond was on (Theyre called nanoseconds right?)

Hope that wasnt too confusing :ohwell:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=231248 <3 AA

B!squick

Smash Master
Why is it when I go to the last page it's never the last page? Example: I clicked last page for this thread and I'm on page 112 of 113. I click on page 113 to go to that page and it just takes me back to page 112. This has also happened on other large threads. What's going on? :dizzy:

ndayday

BRoomer
It's just a small forum glitch, you're not missing posts or anything like that. I think they (the admins) are working on it, but rest assured it isn't anything fatal. Basically, just ignore it until it is fixed. (Maybe it won't be fixed...!)

Oh, but you could of asked this in the PRoom Q&A. :p

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Could this be useful? I gave a common tech a name for the heck of it.
[Pseudo-Bounce]
This is a Wave-Bounce-ish tech that isn't very advanced, but could help in Aerial Games. It in corporates using the SHDJ or normal DJ to execute it and the C-Stick set to Smash (some Specials can do this too).

What you do is first is SH forward, then immediately push the C-Stick into any Aerial DJ'ing in the opposite direction. Doing this completely reverses your DI and allows you to surprise people who love playing the aerial game, if they have a certain tempo for their game, this can maybe send a EMP into it. They chase, they could get smacked, Klawed/Raptored/Rushed, Spiked, or jus be avoided via the AD with this.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
I only have one working wired gamecube remote and three wireless gamecube remotes that work. My oldest gamecube remote died on my two days ago after eight long years of service. I was wondering what combo other then the gamecube remote is the best. I tried the nunchuk combo but it just does not work for me.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Assuming you play snake...

You can hold a grenade, then shield, and he will explode out of the tornado if he hits it. You can also u-tilt him out of it.

ndayday

BRoomer
I only have one working wired gamecube remote and three wireless gamecube remotes that work. My oldest gamecube remote died on my two days ago after eight long years of service. I was wondering what combo other then the gamecube remote is the best. I tried the nunchuk combo but it just does not work for me.
Whatever choice works for you, I would recommend the Classic Controller but still, I would also encourage you to get another GCC if that's what you are used to. If you don't like the Nunchuk config, then you definitely won't like the single Wii remote setup, so that'd be the second best option.

What's the best way to counter Meta-knight's special attacks without using a character that can counter?
Shielding? Some characters have attacks that break through the Tornado, like DDD's Utilt and Peach's stitch-face turnip. When it comes down to it though, shielding is usually your quickest option. Shield and tilt the shield upwards to protect your face to avoid being poked out of it.

1nconspikuous

Smash Apprentice
are there better quality apex vids up? all of the interesting matches seem to be 'ustream' captured. i'm sure there's a lot of ppl who would really like to see the matches without all the choppiness.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
People who were there recording are still getting home, winding down, doing schoolwork ETC..

Uploading also takes some time.

They will get here, don't worry, they are coming.

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
I think I heard about a kind of running spot dodge, where you slide a bit doing it, like a hyphen spot dodge...
How can I perform that or is it possible at all?

2.0sonic

Smash Rookie
1.0 training

I am a freak of nature at super smash..on 2.0
There is a rilvalry between the 8th and 9th grade in our district over which grade is better at super smash.
Whenever I try to train on 1.0 I always do just okay.
What is the best strategy to use with link? I also use sonic
Also, how should i train on 1.0. I usually do 3 comps on 9 vs. myself
thanks

Frown

poekmon
I am a freak of nature at super smash..on 2.0
There is a rilvalry between the 8th and 9th grade in our district over which grade is better at super smash.
Whenever I try to train on 1.0 I always do just okay.
What is the best strategy to use with link? I also use sonic
Also, how should i train on 1.0. I usually do 3 comps on 9 vs. myself
thanks
You mean damage ratio 2.0? Use characters with fast initial knockback.

Trypt

Smash Cadet
Ok, 2 questions.

1) Does Counter suffer from the diminishing return effect thing?

2) If I miss with an attack does it suffer diminishing return?

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Well Im guessing it does. Heres my theory:
You counter the attack and the stale moves multiplier (Im assuming thats what you mean by diminishing return) effects the damage Counter will do after the 1.5 damage multiplier is applied. But I could have this backwards, Im not sure :ohwell:

Trypt

Smash Cadet
What I'm assuming is...

Where the stale move multipler=x
and counters move multipler=y

first conter use on a move that normally does 10% damage...
(10y)x

second conter use on a move that normally does 10% damage...
(10y)2x

so on and so forth... I'm not sure if that's how the Stale Move Multiplier works or not, I'm not to clear on it, but please, correct me.

Trypt

Smash Cadet
Yes, yes it does.
To the extent of which I've mentioned above? Or, since counter has it's own multiplier, does the multiplier from counter get affected by stale moves, or is it the damage after counters multiplier...

Sorry if that's a little unclear...

Is there an easy guide to understanding general decay rates of any attack you want to find out about? I found one thread awhile ago, but couldn't quiet make out everything in it. And by decasy rates, I mean knockback and damage of both normal attacks and projectiles.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
To the extent of which I've mentioned above? Or, since counter has it's own multiplier, does the multiplier from counter get affected by stale moves, or is it the damage after counters multiplier...

Sorry if that's a little unclear...
Yes, i think it does this operation:

Counter Attack --> Do CMultiplier (x1.5) --> Do Stale Move Multiplier (x?)

Here's more info about the Stale Move Multiplier/Decay Attack Que

SCOTU said:
Decay Amount
A multiplier is applied to both the launch speed and damage dealt by an attack that depends on where in the attack queue that move already appears.

The following image (by ColinJF) shows how the different positions in the attack queue affect the decay multiplier.
The leftmost spot indicates the most recent attack in the queue and the rightmost spot indicates the least recent attack in the queue.

ndayday

BRoomer

Phantomwake

Smash Journeyman
I have recently noticed that I have been having trouble viewing excessively large threads on the site (MK ban 3 for example). I am using the latest firefox and have tried on both a PC and a linux computer to view the threads and the search function did not give me anything useful.

I think it has something to do with trying to view the thread in hybrid view because it works now.

as a note something is wrong with hybrid view

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Hey guys whats up :)

Recently, i've been playing with Marth and all. Eventually, i was training alot and 2 days ago a good friend came by (IStudying). He must be 1 of the best Smashers in my country. Anyway, we brawled some time and i noticed he was punishing my Rolls and when i was shielding, i got grabbed alot aswell! He told me my marth is to defensive. I think i play Marth like i'm playing DDD, which isn't good. Now i need some advice.

I want to stop Roll Dodging so much, i'm practicing to not roll dodge, but when i'm in a tough spot, where i think that my best option is rolling, i don't do it. However, i can't find an alternative for rolling. It's hard for me to use something else than Rolling. Also, i use my shield TOOO MUCH. Is there any way you guys can give me some advice and/or tips? I really need it.

Thnx in advance :D

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Sometimes it's good to go back to basics. I've found that a lot of the time, the best solution is to literally run in the opposite direction. It's often a better choice, because it's less punishable. I guess at some point it becomes strange to think of things as simple as that as a viable option, but really it is that simple sometimes.

Phantomwake

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys whats up :)

Recently, i've been playing with Marth and all. Eventually, i was training alot and 2 days ago a good friend came by (IStudying). He must be 1 of the best Smashers in my country. Anyway, we brawled some time and i noticed he was punishing my Rolls and when i was shielding, i got grabbed alot aswell! He told me my marth is to defensive. I think i play Marth like i'm playing DDD, which isn't good. Now i need some advice.

I want to stop Roll Dodging so much, i'm practicing to not roll dodge, but when i'm in a tough spot, where i think that my best option is rolling, i don't do it. However, i can't find an alternative for rolling. It's hard for me to use something else than Rolling. Also, i use my shield TOOO MUCH. Is there any way you guys can give me some advice and/or tips? I really need it.

Thnx in advance :D
As a note, unless your shield is being broken you probably are not using it too much, check out the Q&A on the Marth boards for what they think Marth can do OOS.

NNID
Budget_Player
Anyone have any advice as to how to teach a new player how to play? My friend has the target of getting really good really fast with Toon Link; unfortunately last I saw him he really, really needs help. How do I teach him?
Maybe useful to know that he doesn't really like going 1v1 against me because he really doesn't like losing.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and he doesn't speak english. >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom