• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nebraska melee PR! JBM's Gas Money Donation bimonthlies! January 8th or 9th!

gantrain05

Smash Master
JBM i need to play you in melee so i know how it feels to get my *** handed to me, but if i end up beating you, you owe me $100.

Tyser

Smash Champion
What do you think the ranking should be -BC-? Id like to see it. I can give you an explanation about why I think people are where theyre at.

Fall is first because his play style just dominates the shit out of people. He will sit there and Dsmash your soul into oblivion. Its effective the way he uses it. He did really well back then and I even played against the dude at the last smashfest and he's still got it. He deserves that 1st spot.

Bolt gets second because everyone below him are clearly not as good as he is. His Sheik is pretty basic but he tends to **** people. He also placed the best out of all the Iowans at the last tournament also. Id say he is okay in this position.

Love doesnt place well, but the dude is pretty good when he isnt angry. His Sheik is good enough now to put up a decent fight against all the veteran Smash folk. His mindset is in the right place and he wants to be better. That doesnt really give him this 3rd spot, but meh, my opinion.

I already said why I think V2K is lower than Love. His playstyle is too predictable. If he incorporates some mindgames and less obvious repetition into his game hed be better. You guys gotta quit saying this guy is so good, he's not that good, no offense V2K.

Schism is below all these people because he gets decimated when he's mad. If he can calm down and play how he wants to play he can be better. He also has to be less predictable with dash attack and his Dsmashes and switch it up every now and then. And he also needs better mindgames. Schism could be a little higher up I guess.

Joker is where he's at because he doesnt really play Melee anymore as far as I know. Last time I played against him he lost a lot of what he used to have. Brawl does this. Im pretty sure Joker is okay with these rankings because he's King of Brawl at this point and he doesnt play Melee. He's where he should be.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Guys who should be here but werent here:

Smeesh
Yosh
Mexi
Echo
Dekline
Dozer
David
You tryin to say I don't belong? Hmm? ***. haha jk

But after going back and reading the posts I would agree with tysers posts. I need to get a copy of melee so i can start practicing and whatnot again.

And BC we don't really care what you say, ur opinion on EVERYTHING is invalid imo..... mostly bc everyone hates you . Oh wait i forgot about ur super awesome high school senior class!!!

Big Burn

Smash Lord
i did not realize people were going to use my smashfest as a basis for ranking... i thought that was going to be jbms tourney in December

Tyser

Smash Champion
JBMs is the real deal one. Yours was just warm up stuff. I gotta get new sticks soon so that I can nerd. Yulai's sticks just wont do.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
1 Fall
2 Bolt
3 Love
4 V2K
5 Schism
6 Joker
WHAT THE FACK!!! no this ranking is bitch here bitch there bitch bitch and more bitch. But seriously more Bitching XP alright anyways, Tyser is right, last time I play him I lost just about every match, there were a few I won with Link and got all exited, but yeah I just can't play Melee the way I used too, I rarely L-Cancel, short hop, or fast fall, which are necessary to play the game, I mean when I played Tyser I kept teching towards him that's a noob if I ever saw one :3 but yeah I'll still play Melee every once in a while mostly when NE shows up, but I need to actually play more Brawl which Snake cause I never really touch him, until is a tourney, which is bad.

Anyways rankings are good, cause like I said before, if I have to bitch at anyone for the spot I'm in right now, it would have to be me.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
lol, tyser i love ur explanation for fall saying "He will sit there and Dsmash your soul into oblivion," that was too good of a description. i got a good kick out if it

and i think that i'm under every1 in iowa becuase i just fail at melee. i should really try harder when i play but i dont cause i dont want to get mad like how some ppl do when they lose or make mistakes

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Wow. I've been gone for about 2 days and these posts are awesome. Yes, I do need to Mindgame more and space better. My Sheik does need to Needle more.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
at least your good about taking in advice rather than others being aggravated by criticism.

good **** love you gonna make it to my tourney?

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
Schism could be a little higher up I guess.
I pretty much agree with ur rankings except for this. Shouldn't be higher... He's just a little too predictable is all.

And i have never seen Bolt play Melee before so i would have no idea where hes at.

And BC we don't really care what you say, ur opinion on EVERYTHING is invalid imo..... mostly bc everyone hates you . Oh wait i forgot about ur super awesome high school senior class!!!
Oh wow lol.. Im not gonna even start with u dude. Say wut u want but its actually mainly the Nebraskans/Melee players that dont like me is all.

-BC-

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Then I challenge you for the number 1 spot and since your "the champ" and im second. we should just go ahead and toss $50 a piece into the pot

§chizm

Smash Lord
-BC-, you beating me once in a crew battle once at 1 in the morning means absolutely nothing in terms of how good I am, especially since I play bad when people irritate the **** out of me or I'm angry...
Die of AIDS.

Tyser's ranking is pretty spot on but I'm not sure about Fall anymore because he was playing terrible when I was playing against him at Joker's and I was pooping on him hard, but it was just friendlies so I don't know.
I never got to play Victor when we were up in Ames so I can't say anything about him.

Also I know I play predictably/dash attack a lot when I'm angry. :ohwell:

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
-BC-, you beating me once in a crew battle once at 1 in the morning means absolutely nothing in terms of how good I am, especially since I play bad when people irritate the **** out of me or I'm angry...
Die of AIDS.

Also I know I play predictably/dash attack a lot when I'm angry. :ohwell:
Lol JBM is too mean..

But somethin tells me i can do it again ;)

-BC-

Tyser

Smash Champion
If I offended people with that post of truth, I apologize. Its just my input on things. Because I also need to develop mindgames because I only have semi tech skill.

EDIT: Lets keep this Melee related. I dont like this newb chatter and 64 talk from scrubs. Stick to the game that is good please, thanks.

gantrain05

Smash Master
If I offended people with that post of truth, I apologize. Its just my input on things. Because I also need to develop mindgames because I only have semi tech skill.

EDIT: Lets keep this Melee related. I dont like this newb chatter and 64 talk from scrubs. Stick to the game that is good please, thanks.
starcraft? that game is good.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
aww and no one has noticed my avatar..
they should do starcraft MELEE STYLE!! there would be a game.

And Yosh, I don't do MM. BUt I guess i'll give you the #1 spot too...

BOLT08

Smash Lord
i dont think any1 from ames will be creeepn bolt O.o
well no i meant like ppl from my hometown leaving ames on friday too.

cause most ppl leave as soon as they are done with finals, and a lot don't have any on friday.

Tyser

Smash Champion
Tyser, there is no way that melee is half the game that Starcraft is.
Let's keep this Melee related. Enough Starcraft mumbo jumbo. Game isnt as good.

EDIT: The first post doesnt look very pretty. I should be OP. Also, change the title to this "NE/IA Bi-State Melee Ranking (Updated 11/23/08)" It'll look prettier and more cared for that way.

EDIT again: In JBM's signature, isnt it supposed to say "He should feel lucky. He's the first to be touched by my perfect body"?

Top Bottom