• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nebraska melee PR! JBM's Gas Money Donation bimonthlies! January 8th or 9th!

gantrain05

Smash Master
Joker has been cool for a long time. Im just talking about the new people who spawned from the shadows when Brawl came out.
yeah that would be me =/ i played melee like every single day when it came out, but sadly i never went to a tourney, it was just me, razor, luger, and jb, and none of us ever got good at the game, we wasted like 6 years of playing that game like noobs and not even knowing what wavedashing was lol.

Tyser

Smash Champion
Everyone has been there man, its cool. I thought I was a badass in Melee like an ignorant newb for a good couple of years (2002 - 2005) then Smeesh or Echo ***** me in my first mini tournament thing. Then I decided I wanted to be decent, so I did it. And even now in 2008, Im still not even that good yet :'( MUST GET BETTER!

gantrain05

Smash Master
Everyone has been there man, its cool. I thought I was a badass in Melee like an ignorant newb for a good couple of years (2002 - 2005) then Smeesh or Echo ***** me in my first mini tournament thing. Then I decided I wanted to be decent, so I did it. And even now in 2008, Im still not even that good yet :'( MUST GET BETTER!
yeah lol, oh and btw all these "pro" brawlers on SWF are really stuck up pricks man, Inui and M2K are so freakin full of themselves, and after watching so many videos of these pro's i really don't think they are some kind of awesome brawlers.....and they all just discredit me cuz im from the midwest i hate it, im going to some freakin east coast tourney and im gonna rock those *****es sometime.

Tyser

Smash Champion
Well, M2K is really good in Brawl. His level is ******** compared to the rest of the world I think (I dont play Brawl anymore so I wouldnt really know). Its fair to say hes redunk nerd and he deserves to talk shit on the internet. That little boy wouldnt do shit in person though, Id beat his ass if he talked to me like he talks to people on SWF. As for Inui, never heard of him. Tell him to quit sucking M2K's chode. As for the Midwest thing, it's understandable because Midwest is nothing compared to the Coasts in video games. Plus you're from Iowa and youve never been OoS so thats even more reason that they will talk trash or whatever to you over the internet.

gantrain05

Smash Master
meh, i don't think M2K is really THAT far ahead of alot of people around him, he's just using MK lol. if i put the time into MK that i put into getting good with peach i'd be hella good too. i just have a habit of picking low tier chars and getting good with them, if i picked a top tier i'd probably quit playing cuz its really not fun pooping on people all the time lol.

Tyser

Smash Champion
Well, you also live in the Midwest. We Midwest people generally arent as good as Coastal gamers no matter how hard we try. Also, esspecally in Iowa and Nebraska, we lack tournament experience. This is where we, Iowa and Nebraska, fall. It's been that way since the Big Bang.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Well, you also live in the Midwest. We Midwest people generally arent as good a Coastal gamers no matter how hard we try. It's been that way since the Big Bang.
yeah but i'll wreck em all in sc >.> and i think the only reason we aren't as good, or why people think we arent as good, is alot due to our low population and alot of our population is spread out from each other and makes it harder to set up bigger tournaments so the competetive scene isnt too big, and plus they have alot more of the population to get good players from, i think if we pulled a ratio of good players to average players tho we would win, but they just simply have more.

Echo

Smash Champion
are you kidding?

ok i have held tourneys at my house like 3 times, won all of them, jokers i've gone to 5 times i believe now, you won once, and i've won 3-4 times.

Ok so i have 7 tourney wins if it really matters to Mo and mike that much i want them to count there tourney wins compared to mine. also can i ask you who has placed above them repeatedly in like the past 5-10 tourneys? yea, i'm pretty sure that i've beaten mike falco and mo lately.

ev 52 i had the toughest starting pool out of all of us (johns). Mo will tell you himself that i did and he even admitted to me that his pools weren't ridiculously tough or anything.

Start playing smash again and get your facts straight lol.
I'm sorry man but you can't honestly count small scrubby *** tourneys that are held in basements. And your inconsistancy is out of this world i mean you got dead last at that one des moines tournament... how could our 3rd best player play like that.... ever....

and I played with David yesterday and he is alot better at Melee than the majority of people on this list, it's not accurate.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
LOL.

w/e echo i'll just take all your money at my BASEMENT tourney.

Your comparison is awful. like i was talking to secks mo and mikefalco would be on top due to wins and such with tourneys but thats just not accurate to this day.

Get your head out of your *** and quit thinking ken is still the king and he would comeback and beat m2k because it just wouldn't happen lol.

Mo was king in Nebraska, Mike falco was king OOS.

Its no offense to Mo or Mike, but people haev gotten WAY better, even johnny has with his low tier yoshi. I haven't lost to devon this whole year now since the melee scene has comeback up, and i also played against OOS MN and won that tourney. Also I believe i 3-0 You in grand finals after you beat me in winners. Btw, don't you dare say you were sandbagging because you lost your temper like a little girlie man and threw your controller on the floor after i beat you, At least everytime you've beaten me i've shook your hand.

I don't take those tourneys last year seriously because secks, myself, murn, tyser, and uli have all gotten substantially better. i used to just watch vids of cort and see how amazing his marth was and just try and do what he does, but just throwing moves. If you want to take that seriously than go for it, its also a year ago. You haven't gotten worse, your tech just isn't as consistent as it was before and people have gotten WAY better.

**** it i mean people are too **** biased in this thread, people wanna base ranks off of years ago, well sorry thats not how it is now you guys should've done ranks yonder then, i don't see mo or mike complaining in here.

idk why i even bother trying to change your mind, your so close minded lol.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
I thought I was a badass in Melee like an ignorant newb for a good couple of years (2002 - 2005)
Same, from 2001-2007 I thought rolling and using smash moves over and over was a great strategy because it always beat the computers.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
are we still doing that ranking smashfest in december? shouldn't that decide the rankings for a while? i have some complaints about my placing on the list, but if that is still happening i will just be trying to change it at that event if we are still doing it.

Echo

Smash Champion
OOOOO wow I just typed a whole thing against JBMs points, hit post quick reply and get a page load error. lol I'll be back later.

Tyser

Smash Champion
If you dont like the rankings, quit looking at them like a bunch of stupid ass faggot trolls. Go take initiative and make your own ranking if you feel so fuckin strongly about this stupid video game. Fuckin stupid queer asses. And why is Echo in here talking? He plays Melee? Go back and play your achievements bullshit. Youre high on the list also. I have no idea why youre caring at all about anything Smash related right now.

Tyser

Smash Champion
Dude, people are just friggin idiots. If you dont like something, get out. I mean, I guess they can stay, but people will get fucking devastated against me over the internet of all places. Ben comes in here every day saying the exact same shit. Echo comes in here saying shit even though he's been out of commission for a millenia. Personally, Ben and Echo are where they are supposed to be on that list. Echo has been gone for centuries and doesnt even play this game anymore and Ben isnt as good as the people above him. This is fact. I dunno why they are fighting it. As for the JBM being 3rd thing, I guess at lowest he'd be 4th, but that's my opinion.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
w/e i don't care anymore. personally i know where i stand and if people disagree so be it, i'll have this thread closed because people are too biased.

Uli

Smash Champion
bigburn is first on my ranking now :D
he isnt going to sit here and biitch but he will prove him self worthy of a better place next tourny
tooo FUCCCKINNGGG goood MAANN

Ain't nobody be doin it like bigburn so just sit down, listen and learn. - FACT

gantrain05

Smash Master
if you want the thread closed so much, stop *****ing about it and ignore it.....no reason to close someone elses thread because you disagree with it.

Tyser

Smash Champion
I seriously dunno why this ranking thread is taken so seriously to the veteran players in Nebraska of all people. It should be closed though because all the vets are turning into bigger newbs than me. Plus, Yosh might get banned for quad posting lol. I remember I got 4 points for doing that one time.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
i dont understand why ppl care about this thing so much. it's pretty much three (or four?) people's opinion on how good they think you are. Just an OPINION. its no different than me saying how good i think you are.
doesn't really matter. :/

Tacoom

Smash Lord
I would have to make other accounts to break that rec. This account is pro
If I would have my post count grow as rapid as you folks (gantrain05, JBM). Id be over 9000 :)

Top Bottom