• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nebraska melee PR! JBM's Gas Money Donation bimonthlies! January 8th or 9th!

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I'll see if I could make it in December. If I make it, It would be good practice for CT if I'm going.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Yeah I have finals until the 19th I'm pretty sure, and I might not even be back in town till the 20th, so we'll see.

But as far as any out of state tournaments (excluding nebraska) count me out, I'm poor.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
X-mas smash? Good ****, will there be a tree with presents and echos delicious cookies? ooooooo! FRUIT CAKE :lick:
Round Robin Ranks (RRR) would work out well. Then we can keep it up to date like every other month or every week for all I care.
someone develope a rule set for this and we could be set

Tyser

Smash Champion
That idea sounds the best so far. Kinda going way out of the way just for rankings but I guess it works out. I doubt everyone on that list would show. If you miss this then youre automatically on the DL.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
I still think it's lame I'm not even on there....I'd def be #1 too. Well actually, I think me and Ian would be tied for #1. Everyone is just jealous of our talent.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Update!

Tyser has quit the smash scene and is no longer playing competitively in melee/brawl. those of you behind him have gone up a spot and decreased 1 point.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
I don't even think this thread is supposed to be for brawl but I have two cents to add for the brawl listings....

It is so hard to accurately put rankings on it, especially when people do way better against some people and not well against others. That is why I think a round robin tourney is the way to go for overall rankings.

For example of how hard it is to put numbers next to people use this as an example. BC normally beats me, Jlo normally beats BC, and I normally beat Jlo. At the last tourneys Blank beat both BC and Jlo but I beat Blank. I lost to David (friendlies, but not Razor Challenge :) ) and Blank two stocked David both matches.... so I don't know it just seems like too difficult of a thing to do fairly.... but whatever this thread isn't even for brawl, and I was flattered to be put in the 7 spot.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Razor actually it is for brawl as well since joker hasn't gotten back to me about making his own thread. in the title i said i'd make a brawl rankings as well.

maybe at jokers you guys should do round robin singles.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
^Yeah sorry I read the first post but miss the last part:dizzy:
But yeah I could make one, or if anything, make one for Brawl cause I'm to dump to understand this whole +# thing :p and then i can post it on the monthly thread first page, also I should host Brawlfests and do RRR, to help the rankings and stuff, how does that sound.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
I'm down, number one spot here I COMEEEE!!
And wher eis this tourney on the 20th? I might actually have to try this time to snag my rightful spot as Numero Uno and slump you jbm.

(Please note this is ALL humor ie "sarcasm")

Uli

Smash Champion
ill do this brawl ranking stuff for fun lolz
prepare for my MK because its bad

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
Big Melee tourney in December? Gooood $hit.
I hope to play more of you, since I've only gone up against four or five people on this list.

Uli

Smash Champion
we were playing at victors last weekend, he tried calling you but you were busy O.o

Secks.

Smash Ace
Yea I was having a hard time addin up Jerrys 2 cents.. +6? what is this, golf? Ill slump golf. I dont recall losing to 6 individuals at the last tourney. Just a weak sauce shiek (that got his marth **** on) and ben donk. Maybe in the last 3 tourneys but then no other +# would make sence.
lol to this idea, we've tried this a number of times and only got folks complaining about thier rank and hurt egos.
The better way to rank peoples would to have everyone rank everyone else and submit all entrys into one list, either way It wont mean much
I have to agree with Professor Yosh on this one... On top of that, not all of us are going to be able to make it to tournies in Iowa on regular basis. Work and school deters some of us from just being able to make random trips. So in essence people who attend regularly are going to be the only ones rewarded.

btw **** a brawl ranking system no one needs to know whos good at that god awful game -_-

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
this isn't random... you have one whole month to be prepared for this tourney.

lol, if you find that random i'm gonna have to throw you into the ocean.

Cook

Smash Master
Three questions:

Is this Dec. 20 thing only Melee?

Do you have to be from IA/NE?

Is it for money also?

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
its only melee sadly, if some brawlers bring there own setups then maybe, but its mainly for melee. no, everyone who would like to come can.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
As of now I can make this and JBM, I told Joker to make hot chocolate so you best come to the Monthly next week.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
^Yeah I'll make some hot Chocolate, at least enough for everyone to get one, maybe more depending on my budget after the MO Tourney, either way there will be hot Chocolate.

Uli

Smash Champion
^Yeah I'll make some hot Chocolate, at least enough for everyone to get one, maybe more depending on my budget after the MO Tourney, either way there will be hot Chocolate.
YES!!!!!!
for this ill be entering brawl singles so you can take my money :D

BOLT08

Smash Lord
brt. haaaa no but jbm i think I'm going to be in town the day of jokers tournament. can i hitch a ride with you? maybe i should just find a ride to jokers from here and go back with you...

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
i am leaving friday from my house to spend the night and get more time to hang out with des moines.

thats what i've got going so far.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
ok so since you guys just missed the past tournament at my place this weekend its now.

jbm
tyser
decline
smeesh
dozer
uli

discuss.

Top Bottom