• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCSU Smash Stacks - Round 9 @DUKE 10/30

null55

Smash Master
Radiohead is probably the best music available to humans currently...

it is the age of Yorke.

null55

Smash Master
Rap is pretty bad. There are a handful of rappers that are good. The rest is pretty annoying to listen to.
people forget that music in general is bad. every "genre" (god****it i hate that word) has like... 98% ****. rap is just the most accessible one to make marketable... and it's everywhere as a result. this is the effect of capitalism...

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
My little bit to add on the rap discussion:

Lupe is really good but far from the best. Lu Yourself and Mean and Vicious are both beast songs.

I think it's criminal that nobody but Theo mentioned Biggie. Life After Death might be my favorite rap album. Other than, yeah, old Eminen was better. Relapse was very eh.

Lil Wayne had an incredible grace period. Some of the stuff on Carter II and then the Dedication mixtapes was unbelievably good. He just eventually over extended himself and sold out. It's a real shame because he really is incredible.

Additionally, no one mentioned Twista, Big Pun or TI. Twista for speed (holy ****, seriously), Pun for flow (SO good) and some TI for general quality (some of it, most of his stuff sucks though I admit). Also, definite respect for old Kanye as well.

Wu Tang is a touchy topic for me. I used to be a really big fan but most of their newer stuff as a crew is garbage. However, Ghostface, Raekwon, Method Man and Inspectah Deck are all amazing at what they do.

Anyway, Smash is cool too.

null55

Smash Master
DOOM has the rapest flow.

nice post Josh. but i love how no one mentions Nas. Illmatic is amazing.

everyone should also hear Blackstar. Kweli is too sick.

yeah Kanye is great too. but idk i can't dig his **** too much... i don't like his voice or style as much as others... but as a producer he is GREAT.

speaking of producers, if you like any of this music, i beg you to listen to J Dilla / Jay Dee / J Deezy. especially the album 'Donuts'. and if you smoke marijuana... do both at the same time... god****...

GofG

Smash Champion
rap sucks

good hiphop exists though. clouddead. mc chris. swollen members.

l2 not generalise guys.

null55

Smash Master
i think the theme of this is that black people started it. including slavery.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
duh, we start everything, thats why i love my race. never a dull moment, cause if nothing ever happened we would be.... middle eastern.

edit: ****it cj, sushi man would have came back with something by now ,wtf im losing wood.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
Rap sucks.
This^

No, it's not just some rap either. It's more like 90%. Don't get me wrong though I don't blame them. If I could get in front of a camera and make a fool out of myself for millions believe me i would too(really.. I would). Just my opinion after being through practically every rap phase.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OKlzm6BQ8A

same exact thing as 50% of rap scene.

I was just having a discussion about rap/'club songs' on a different forum. More so on the targeting/influential aspects of it(most of their fan-base are too young to get into a club).

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
nah

1.Kid Cudi
2.Charles Hamilton
3.Drake
4.Wiz Khalifa
5.Lupe Fiasco.

Others I like.

Common,Outkast,Nas,Wu Tang Clan,anything older really, and anything Texas Rap is pretty legit. like Chamillonare,Lil Flip,Paul Wall,Mike Jones,Big Pokey,Big Moe.
What type of list is this? Why is Lupe Fiasco number 5?

my favorite drake song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyvLhHbTP4Y

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
lol.... that's your favorite?? :psycho:

You guys would probably like my best friend's (from elementary/middle school) hip-hop group. It's more so a portfolio for his film career and an excuse for him to get wasted on camera but yeah....

Anyway i don't think they're too good. It's more so comedy to me being that he used to spend the night over at my house like every night(the music vids and lyrics... lol). Both guys write really well though, and one of them flows pretty good. I guess it could be worse, imo, but maybe ya'll will appreciate it more.

click

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
But the twin said Villain, and even though i've never met that one in my entire life; i felt compelled to do as he asked.
God bless name search. Don't worry though I won't spam this thread :p

I'm sure we'll meet one day. And when we do you'll say "Man, I'm glad I changed my name to villain like he suggested."

And I'll say "Man, that guy Villain was easily one of the top 3 coolest people I've ever met."

Oh and that chinatown bus fight was great

:link:

SK919

Deal with it
I got styles you can't copy *****, it's the triple six
In the mix, straight from h-e-double-hockey sticks
Every sunday, a nun lay from my gun spray
**** carlito, we doin' **** the devil son's way

Battles I loose none I make crues run
I get fools done, got ten fingers but only use one.
My run is like Machine Gun Kelly, with a black skully,
Put one in your belly, leave you smelly, and take your Pelle Pelle.

It's like that y'all, and that's a fact y'all
I hit hoes from the back and dont give a jack y'all
It's Big L y'all, I'm livin swell yall
I do my famous, spell my name, ring bells y'all

Always sprayin Tecs, because I be stayin vexed
Some ***** named Dex, was in the projects layin threats
I jumped out the Lincoln, left him stinkin
Put his brains in the street
Now you can see what he was just thinkin
I'm chokin enemies til they start turnin pale
Satan said I'm learnin well, Big L's gonna burn in hell
Front and get scarred cause your rap style ain't even hard
I run with a thievin squad, and NONE OF US believe in God

bow before the lyrical god Big L

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
yeah big L is one of the few i'll listen to slash.

big pun, eminem, rakim, old nas, old wu-tang........ that's about it ha. maybe a few more. but i just haven't been in the mood for rap in like years.

Foxy

Smash Master
last week I thought I saw you on the street
turned out it was a bag of trash
just a big ol' bag of trash
I thought you looked like a bag of trash

Top Bottom