• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC-Echo's Olimar guide *New videos added

Status
Not open for further replies.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
He also spams like crazy!

He has, like, the last post on 10 topics in a row!
fixed. since flamingo is apparently an grammer genius.
Yeah, **** Llumys for making posts that are on topic, and being beneficial to the community. He should flame more like you guys.
-.-

i hate trolls...

and it's sad that a fellow olimar main would have to imitate his crewmate in flooding our forums

and flamingo, you're just mad because our character doesnt suck. you should money match fino, if you think he's so bad, so i can win some money off of side bets.

._.

Dyyne

Smash Ace
More or less what Hilt said, Flamingo, **** off please and never post in oli boards again, etc. KillerSOS, it seems fairly obvious to me that you are jealous of Fino, or you really are just being a douchebag. Either way, stop posting dumb ****.

And Llumys, your post was responding to one that was 2 months old....don't do that. Your other posts were, for the most part, all good.

Sudai

Stuff here
Well, Flamingo almost got himself banned with the last page of this thread alone. Fun stuff. If he does any more, he will be banned, though I like that you guys are willing to run him off. :o

Dyyne, I'm fairly sure KillerSOS was just making fun of Flamingo, not that he's jealous of Fino. ; )

Question time:

Where would you guys CP a Falco if Luigi's is banned and the Falco used their stage ban to get rid of Norfair?

Dyyne

Smash Ace
Well, Flamingo almost got himself banned with the last page of this thread alone. Fun stuff. If he does any more, he will be banned, though I like that you guys are willing to run him off. :o

Dyyne, I'm fairly sure KillerSOS was just making fun of Flamingo, not that he's jealous of Fino. ; )

Question time:

Where would you guys CP a Falco if Luigi's is banned and the Falco used their stage ban to get rid of Norfair?
KillerSOS has made posts in the past with Flamingo, before you came around here, that really suggested otherwise.

For the question, lylat seems pretty good against him since the slopes can mess up the chaingrab and interfere with laser camping, while the slopes highly benefit oli.

Sudai

Stuff here
Ah, gotcha. Next time bring the issue up with SOS in a PM or something though, please. ^^;

Lylat? I could see that being useful, sadly it doesn't seem as useful as Luigi's and Norfair, blarg. x.x

Fino

Smash Master
would a falco actually ban mansion? O_o
it's really not a bad stage for them.
Even against olimar.
He said if weegee's is banned... some tournaments don't allow it as a CP because you can pick metaknight or some other fast character and just run the clock. Some people feels it's a more compact version of hyrule temple

~Fino

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I might go green greens against Falco if it isn't banned. He can't really chaingrab->spike well, the blocks keep him camping with lasers while the pikmin usually arch over the blocks well. Also, I think the ceiling is low for early upsmash kills. I dunno. I usually pick Lylat or Luigi's. Whichever one they don't ban.

Fino

Smash Master
Green greens and yoshi's sound like good stages to me.
Personally I would like to try to SGC a falco... see what he does. lol.
If all else fails, punch the falco player in the throat... see if he can chain grab then.

~Fino

joey81-

Smash Rookie
u did a good job on the olimar guide NC. and i watched the vids, u got game

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
lol wow

i don think there's a reason for two guides, but i dont know.
This guide is reeeeaally out dated.

Fino/AndyG's guide is much better

Fino

Smash Master
My guide isn't finish, whereas NC-echo has done all that he's going to do... so its fine if you want to keep this one stickied (at least until mine is done ;D)
What makes this one better out of curiosity... I'm open to improvements

~Fino

Sudai

Stuff here
I'm just leaving both stickied till Fino finishes his compilation. I dunno why I thought Fino's was done (lol at not reading it johns? <.<)

Rizen

Smash Legend
I was trying to whistle armor Final Smashes and found that it won't guard against multi-hit ones like Ike, Link, C Falcon, and Zelda's (I guess Zelda's targeting animation counts as part of the attack). Single hit Final smashes like Marth or Ganondorf's (from far away) can be guarded. Maybe my timing's off, but I'm pretty sure.
I don't know if this info's already out. I thought I'd post it.

Fino

Smash Master
I was trying to whistle armor Final Smashes and found that it won't guard against multi-hit ones like Ike, Link, C Falcon, and Zelda's (I guess Zelda's targeting animation counts as part of the attack). Single hit Final smashes like Marth or Ganondorf's (from far away) can be guarded. Maybe my timing's off, but I'm pretty sure.
I don't know if this info's already out. I thought I'd post it.
Hilt... can you just lock these threads?

*tries to stay calm*
:mad:

~Fino

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I believe I kept this linked in the "list of threads" thread for another reference.

I also put a notice in there saying not to post in old topics.

MES!, there's another guide thread stickied. Post in there instead. Also, for the most part we don't really care about items, especially the smash ball or whatever it's called.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Also MES! at times when you post in a thread it'll tell you that the thread is a month old. Usually they're a lot older than that though. Like this one ^^;

The reason the whistle doesn't stop the final smashes is because the first hit of the attack initiates an animation that you cannot do anything in afterwards. It's somewhat like how getting grabbed puts you in the grabbed state regardless of whether you have super armor or not. The first hit isn't just for damage, like marth's or ganon's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom