• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Catfish Social Thread! *<3 KEV*

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
So it's about appreciating a depth in the characters? It's not about how cute they are at all? I was pretty sure that was in there somewhere for some reason.......

hmmmm so then that begs the question of how does one get into this stuff in the first place if they have to watch multiple episodes to do so? Maybe everyone just likes to give things a better chance than I do, but dwam.
Oh, the ponies being the most adorable beings ever to appear on television certainly helps. But I think that's harder to appreciate if it's just your first impression of the series. Once you've learned to love the characters on a deeper level, the cute things they do are a lot more potent.

Maybe that's just my experience, though.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I'd seen all of this hype about it, and I'd been wondering what all the fuss was about, so I watched it from the beginning.

I can't name one point where I could say, "I really love this show." I was apathetic about the first two episodes, really. It was a gradual thing, like I've been saying. But sure enough, I now HNNNNNNG at least once every episode because of how adorable these fillies are.

Dublio

Smash Ace
The Show's creator also worked on Fosters and powerpuff girls and has more appeal as a cartoon than many cartoons circulating around nowadays. The show's cuteness is just one aspect of the show. Many people will write the show off without even watching a whole episode though, just like those people that claim they can beat any pro without ever attending a tourney before. It's just plain ignorance.

I watched all twenty episodes so far, but I'm not sure why. I haven't had this much fun watching a cartoon in forever. The character development over episodes is really amazing, because each character gets their own more or less. Seeing as phootbag watches MLP only gives me another reason to lub him. <3 Phoot.

P.S. Don't watch the first two episodes first, they seem kinda rushed in trying to make everyone friends. Watch the other episodes first. If you go back after seeing the other episodes, you will appreciate it more.

Frontman Yamato

Smash Cadet
Me and Kevin watched episode 5. All the way through. It was ****, just because they worked on Fosters and Power Puffgirls doesn't mean MLP isn't ****, it is pure ****, it is for girls of age 7.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Me and Kevin watched episode 5. All the way through. It was ****, just because they worked on Fosters and Power Puffgirls doesn't mean MLP isn't ****, it is pure ****, it is for girls of age 7.
I'm sorry you feel that way, man. I still love you, though.

Also, Kevin totally untagged himself from my Pony meme on Facebook. For shame.

Frontman Yamato

Smash Cadet
I hate MLP because I saw it first hand grow on /co/ and become a huge ****ing mess, being banned from every board but /co/, for how bad it is and getting restrained for to many threads, etc.
It's bad and so are 90% of the people who watch it.

I don't see the appeal and I'm butthurt.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I hate MLP because I saw it first hand grow on /co/ and become a huge ****ing mess, being banned from every board but /co/, for how bad it is and getting restrained for to many threads, etc.
I saw that train wreck as well.

Also - It's a show for LITTLE GIRLS.

You can argue the quality of the show all you want, but you can't really change that fact it's directed at that audience. It's like folks trying to defend watching Sesame Street at Twenty.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
that logic proves nothing zio; we're posting on a forum dedicated to a 10 year old party game.

not that I'm defending MLP though, because that show is incredibly stupid. you can argue for the depth of it, but there are plenty of other great shows with just as much if not more character depth, plus it's still not mature as a show itself.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
that logic proves nothing zio; we're posting on a forum dedicated to a 10 year old party game.

not that I'm defending MLP though, because that show is incredibly stupid. you can argue for the depth of it, but there are plenty of other great shows with just as much if not more character depth, plus it's still not mature as a show itself.
Okay, well, how would I better argue against it? I mean, to REALLY prove something, I would have to know the subject matter of both my end, and my opponent's end. And I honestly don't want to watch the show just to make a point. Because at that point - they have got what they wanted - another viewer.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
Okay, well, how would I better argue against it? I mean, to REALLY prove something, I would have to know the subject matter of both my end, and my opponent's end. And I honestly don't want to watch the show just to make a point. Because at that point - they have got what they wanted - another viewer.
you could shut up and stop caring so much. there's nothing to argue about since it's purely subjectively enjoying something.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You could be less rude.

I don't really care all that much. You think so over only reading two posts?

I just thought I'd say something.

GofG

Smash Champion
wait are we really talking about my little pony

holy ****ing goddamn ******* *****foot *********** cuntlicking sonofa*****

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
So NC should come to our tourney June 11th.

I know the odds are none, but it would be funny if you could pull it off haha. Genesis 2 practice for PeyhPeyh....

Dang I'm so bored.... :p

I wonder how many ignore lists I'm on in here...

Did you know that Ace once went to a psychic... to warn her ;P

Frontman Yamato

Smash Cadet

That's rated for T - For Teens.
Sup I'm sixteen.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
David and I are the only people that are having fun in this thread, right now.

If it means anything.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Top Bottom