• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Catfish Social Thread! *<3 KEV*

stingers

Smash Obsessed
*Kevin's Mom walks into Kevin's room at 2 in the morning*

*Sees him hunched over his computer with all of the lights off watching My Little Pony*

Kevin's Mom: -dead-

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
My wallpaper is this one.

http://blooogerblog.blogspot.com/2011/02/dashs-dark-side-of-moon.html

It's pretty much totally awesome.

I would genuinely truly appreciate an explanation for why people like that show because I still don't get it. I wouldn't flame or anything I'm just curious.
For most people, it's the depth in the characters. I actually don't think just watching one or two episodes is enough to get anyone hooked. In any single episode, the characters don't develop any depth, but it's seeing the way each character can surprise you from one episode to the next that reveals how well-constructed the characters are. In that sense, it actually kind of helps to start from the beginning, because each episode builds on the last by deconstructing your expectations and forcing you to see the nuance in each character.

In this light, it's why I don't think starting with Episode 5 was so great, because that show really breaks Pinkie Pie down and forces you to consider there's a lot more going on in that head than you previously expected. I personally think Episode 3 (The Ticket Master) is the best starting point, because it gives a better impression of the flavor of the series while still giving more or less equal face time to every character. Then, you really have to sit down and watch five or six more episodes to understand how the show develops it's characters.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
So it's about appreciating a depth in the characters? It's not about how cute they are at all? I was pretty sure that was in there somewhere for some reason.......

hmmmm so then that begs the question of how does one get into this stuff in the first place if they have to watch multiple episodes to do so? Maybe everyone just likes to give things a better chance than I do, but dwam.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Adam is ruthless it pisses me off I hope there IS a light at the end of this tunnel . . .

:(

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i mean the animation is really good

but besides that

i dont see any appeal

i guess its some sort of nostalgia thing

Top Bottom