• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Catfish Social Thread! *<3 KEV*

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
yo wtf, why did the first gym give me such a hard time. Pidgeotto never knew roost in the old game... ****s broken, it heals him for waay to much.

update totodile-14, pidgey 13

~Twitch~

Smash Master
cullowhee, nc western carolina university
yo wtf, why did the first gym give me such a hard time. Pidgeotto never knew roost in the old game... ****s broken, it heals him for waay to much.

update totodile-14, pidgey 13
i ***** the first gym leader...it was actually too easy.

ampharos is my favorite pokemon ever.

wish i could've bought soul silver today. :(
my favorite is probably houndoom but for some stupid reason you can't get it in this game. :(

also, stingers, i can't get that song: "pursuit of happiness" out of my head.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Speaking of level 10, I just tried again to beat All-Star on very hard without any continues (the only trophy I couldn't get besides the pikmin one). Those cpu's obviously have a small handicap and they flat out play differently than normal lvl 9's. That and I completely SUCK without the c-stick; I use it for 99% of my aerials. I've only gotten to the G&W army a few times, and they gay'd me bad lol

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
lawl I've been slacking off so bad today

Chikorita lv 12, currently being EV trained
Zubat lv 9
Kangaskhan lv 8
Jirachi lv 7

I haven't even gotten to the first gym leader yet. LOL
how do u have jirachi? and kangaskhan without fighting the first gym leader. and how can u stand ev training, i cant ever keep up with it, whats the best way 2 do it? and do any yall understand this pokeradr thing that came with the game?

btw, did any of yall ge the midnight release? if so what came with the preorder? i got mine today around 5. ****s fun as hellz. and u can get houndour on route 7(kento) and in safari zone.

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
how do u have jirachi? and kangaskhan without fighting the first gym leader. and how can u stand ev training, i cant ever keep up with it, whats the best way 2 do it? and do any yall understand this pokeradr thing that came with the game?
Jirachi's from the Gamestop event that ended yesterday.

Kangaskhan I got from taking a walk. The Pokewalker's freaking epic.

EV Training? Well, with the Pokerus and Power items (Power Weight, Power Anklet, Power Belt, Power Lens, Power Band, and Power Bracer), I get 10, 12, and 14 EVs at a time compared to 1, 2, and 3 respectively. It goes really fast compared to how I did it before.

Edit: There's a manual that comes with the Pokewalker. Basically, it's a pedometer with minigames. Through the main menu, you transfer one of your PC Pokemon into the little machine, and then go for a walk. As you walk, your steps get counted, and that gets converted to experience and "watts". Watts can be used to battle Pokemon in the Pokewalker in a Rock/Paper/Scissors kind of thing, and you can capture Pokemon if you do it right. There's also a Dowsing feature where you can get items by picking the right patch of grass out of the six laid out. It takes a little getting used to, though.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Jirachi's from the Gamestop event that ended yesterday.

Kangaskhan I got from taking a walk. The Pokewalker's freaking epic.

EV Training? Well, with the Pokerus and Power items (Power Weight, Power Anklet, Power Belt, Power Lens, Power Band, and Power Bracer), I get 10, 12, and 14 EVs at a time compared to 1, 2, and 3 respectively. It goes really fast compared to how I did it before.

Edit: There's a manual that comes with the Pokewalker. Basically, it's a pedometer with minigames. Through the main menu, you transfer one of your PC Pokemon into the little machine, and then go for a walk. As you walk, your steps get counted, and that gets converted to experience and "watts". Watts can be used to battle Pokemon in the Pokewalker in a Rock/Paper/Scissors kind of thing, and you can capture Pokemon if you do it right. There's also a Dowsing feature where you can get items by picking the right patch of grass out of the six laid out. It takes a little getting used to, though.
so i send a pokemon from gold to the walker, and i can find and fight pokemon on the walker, and transfer that back to gold? kool. Where do u get pokerus and power items?

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
That's pretty much it. Once you get the hang of it, stuff like Kangaskhan is easy. You gotta walk a lot to take advantage of that stuff, though.
hey bro could u explain ev training to me? like i know if u want ur pokemon to get better speed wise, fight some fast pokemon, but do the points only get added if the pokemon lvls from that fight? whats the best way to keep track?

Gardevior

Smash Lord
When you gain exp from a pokemon, you get a few EVs from that pokemon's most dominant trait. So if you were to kill a Pidgey, you'd get 1 EV for speed (2 EVs for Pigeotto, etc). Some pokemon have ties in dominance, like Taurus (who gives 1 Speed and 1 Attack). But most pokemon give just 1 EV of a stat - attack, sp attack, speed, and defense are the easiest to find.

You only get points if a pokemon gains exp from the killed pokemon. So EXP. Share would work if you wanted to do it that way.

Each pokemon can only have 510 EVs total, but only 255 in each stat. You get a point in a stat for each 4 EVs you accumulate. So if you kill 10 Pidgeys, that pokemon would have 10 speed EVs, and next time it levels up it would have +2 in speed (this is generally spread throughout the levels, though). So, doing simple math, the most you can improve a single stat is if you give it 252 EVs (giving it more wouldn't do anything, because it wouldn't be in a multiple of 4).

Some items modify how you receive EVs. The Macho Brace (and the pokerus, which is a virus) doubles the rate you receive EVs. So you would gain 2 speed EVs for killing a single pidgey.
The Power items (Power Anklet, etc) give you 4 EVs to a specific stat when you kill any pokemon. So if your Power Anklet (which gives to speed)-equipped Totodile killed a Pidgey, it would get 5 speed EVs. If the same Totodile with the same item killed a Gastly, it would get 4 Speed and 1 Sp Atk (gastlies give sp atk).

So the fastest way to get EVs would be to infect your pokemon with the pokerus (doubling EVs) and equipping it with a power item. That way, it gets 10 EVs per Pidgey (1+4 *2 = 10).

Best way to keep track is pencil and paper. You can assign EVs any way you want, but I'm generally happy with a 252/252/4 spread.

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
When you gain exp from a pokemon, you get a few EVs from that pokemon's most dominant trait. So if you were to kill a Pidgey, you'd get 1 EV for speed (2 EVs for Pigeotto, etc). Some pokemon have ties in dominance, like Taurus (who gives 1 Speed and 1 Attack). But most pokemon give just 1 EV of a stat - attack, sp attack, speed, and defense are the easiest to find.

You only get points if a pokemon gains exp from the killed pokemon. So EXP. Share would work if you wanted to do it that way.

Each pokemon can only have 510 EVs total, but only 255 in each stat. You get a point in a stat for each 4 EVs you accumulate. So if you kill 10 Pidgeys, that pokemon would have 10 speed EVs, and next time it levels up it would have +2 in speed (this is generally spread throughout the levels, though). So, doing simple math, the most you can improve a single stat is if you give it 252 EVs (giving it more wouldn't do anything, because it wouldn't be in a multiple of 4).

Some items modify how you receive EVs. The Macho Brace (and the pokerus, which is a virus) doubles the rate you receive EVs. So you would gain 2 speed EVs for killing a single pidgey.
The Power items (Power Anklet, etc) give you 4 EVs to a specific stat when you kill any pokemon. So if your Power Anklet (which gives to speed)-equipped Totodile killed a Pidgey, it would get 5 speed EVs. If the same Totodile with the same item killed a Gastly, it would get 4 Speed and 1 Sp Atk (gastlies give sp atk).

So the fastest way to get EVs would be to infect your pokemon with the pokerus (doubling EVs) and equipping it with a power item. That way, it gets 10 EVs per Pidgey (1+4 *2 = 10).

Best way to keep track is pencil and paper. You can assign EVs any way you want, but I'm generally happy with a 252/252/4 spread.
Pretty much this, except the bolded part only applies at level 100. Stats are calculated with these formulas:

Any decimal results are rounded down.

Also, the vitamins! You can feed your Pokemon vitamins, and each vitamin gives 10 EVs in its corresponding stat. You can feed your Pokemon up to 10 of one specific vitamin and up to 20 vitamins total. HP Up for HP, Protein for attack, Iron for defense, Calcium for Special Attack, Zinc for special defense, and Carbos for speed.

I personally keep a journal for Pokemon I EV train.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Too much work for a dam pokemon game. I just want to play it, not wreck it.

DJRome

Smash Hero
u guys should let me know if something happens. there are some people who play using those formulas as well here

Gardevior

Smash Lord
man i thought i was into pokemon..i guess im like someone trying to go pro in melee as roy
Nah don't worry. This information I have is all from 3-4 years ago when I was really into pokemon and I never forgot it. I don't like grinding through the levels any more, keeping track of EVs, etc. I just don't like pokemon that much for it.

Though I still have a lvl 100 Togekiss with King's Rock, the move that has a 30% chance of flinching, and the ability that doubles the chance of side effects occurring. Muwahahaha.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Has anyone here played Reel Fishing for the Wii?

Jesse just had like fifty 12 inch fish break his 70 pound test rofl. He finally caught one that was 14 inches.

lmao

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
bout to get magmar,gible,jolteon, and alakazam all in mid 20's get at me, my line is about to be raw as duck

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Wow, I'm so glad I didn't work the day Heart Gold and Soul Silver came out.

Instead I was able to be a nerd about a real game, like Metroid Prime.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Someone make an NC Catfish team combo video. That would be the illest thing ever if made well.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Lol I have some teams from some Charlotte fest that are like two years old with you in them. =p

I don't know if Raggy meant all of NC or just me and LoZR though.

Top Bottom