• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brocator Thread!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=288066

Here's that thread.

Mike has been telling me a lot about the tournament but I don't know what he wants me to give away.

Basically he almost placed a lot higher though. He *****.

Late night wtf am I just now posting this for edit: Also good shiz to NC at that VA tournament. Chris performed to his expectations apparently(or did well at least idk what his epectations are), DJ got Dop and I dunno what else happened, Sneak used the PPJR tag and took a game off of Cyrain in Falco dittos, Dop got 2nd and Yay got 1st.

Good shiz NC gettin out there and ******!

Mike in NE, those guys in VA, and hopefully Brawl gettin off in GA. I'm so impressed with NC's traveling right now. Mad legit.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
we shoulda sent some peeps to tennessee to light them up to.

ah well.

and yeah, i played really good this tourney. i lost to redd and sneak. i played fairly well vs redd, but i'm not quite at that level yet, and the sneak set was good, just used as much stuff from our friendlies that we have like 3 times a week for 2 hours at a time (read: wtf regional johns :laugh:) as i could and did a lot of stuff right, although not enough.

i had to beat a link. shepp was good. why doesn't NC play any dang low tiers? i had no idea what to do. i ended up just chaingrabbing and back airing...and it worked. but still...

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Lol Yay plays Link on everyone, get at him. XD

I'll play low tiers on people if they ask me/want me to learn a low tier to play on them in advance.

I already play some Pika/Roy/Kirby?/Link.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah...every time i read a ganon thread on dealing with low tiers, they pretty much said "chaingrab and bair". he can chaingrab many of the low tier cast.

those boomerangs/bairs/nairs were still gettin me pretty good...well at least until i started bairing...oh...thats why its the matchup...

either way, i need more experience vs chars like link, doc, mario, samus, ylink, and luigi. some things you just have to experience why ganons bair beats some of those characters...i just hope i don't meet any good ones in pools at TO6...

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
Late night wtf am I just now posting this for edit: Also good shiz to NC at that VA tournament. Chris performed to his expectations apparently(or did well at least idk what his epectations are), DJ got Dop and I dunno what else happened, Sneak used the PPJR tag and took a game off of Cyrain in Falco dittos, Dop got 2nd and Yay got 1st.

Good shiz NC gettin out there and ******!

Mike in NE, those guys in VA, and hopefully Brawl gettin off in GA. I'm so impressed with NC's traveling right now. Mad legit.

yeayeayea

F u PP

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
The best thing you can do for that is watch some videos of the matchup and just try to have an idea of what to do so you'll know how to move and stuff at least a little if you have to play one of those characters suddenly.

If I ever asked for advice on fighting Pika or whatever I always heard that "he has no answer for Dair" well that might be nice and all but no character besides like Kirby or something can lose to Dair alone, so you really have to kinda work on things yourself/see if you can get the practice from someone who dabbles in the character to have an idea of what to do.

Edit: Diatenshi lol dude my bad you were entered as Matt weren't you? You should have told them M@ at least or something because I saw the videos and didn't know it was you. =(

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
and matt recorded and stuff. yeeee

nah, but matt played pretty good yesterday. i mean, he did place even with me (9th). plus he drove. in the mountains. what a man.

and he also has a lot of uploading to do. sooo many sets lol.

~Twitch~

Smash Master
cullowhee, nc western carolina university
yeah...every time i read a ganon thread on dealing with low tiers, they pretty much said "chaingrab and bair". he can chaingrab many of the low tier cast.

those boomerangs/bairs/nairs were still gettin me pretty good...well at least until i started bairing...oh...thats why its the matchup...

either way, i need more experience vs chars like link, doc, mario, samus, ylink, and luigi. some things you just have to experience why ganons bair beats some of those characters...i just hope i don't meet any good ones in pools at TO6...
i will go luigi against you every day. :bee:

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
The best thing you can do for that is watch some videos of the matchup and just try to have an idea of what to do so you'll know how to move and stuff at least a little if you have to play one of those characters suddenly.

If I ever asked for advice on fighting Pika or whatever I always heard that "he has no answer for Dair" well that might be nice and all but no character besides like Kirby or something can lose to Dair alone, so you really have to kinda work on things yourself/see if you can get the practice from someone who dabbles in the character to have an idea of what to do.

Edit: Diatenshi lol dude my bad you were entered as Matt weren't you? You should have told them M@ at least or something because I saw the videos and didn't know it was you. =(
i did enter as M@, usuperking apparently didnt understand when i said "M - "at symbol""

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion

welcome

to sheeiiik

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yay and dop and cyrain split, but they played it out and yay got 1st and dop 2nd.

Chris and matt got 9th, and I dunno how DJ/Sneak placed.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
me and sneak also got 4th in teams (read: sneak got 4th in teams while i got effed up and faired on occasion).

yeah, me sneak and dj all got sent to the same part of bracket. it was me and sneak, and ryan won, so he got sent to DJ. I guess thats what happens when NC is like a third of the entrants and we all do pretty good.

edit: ryan ur fox was **** in teams. just gotta bring it back from the dead for singles. if/whenever u wanna practice techskill after work, just send me a text, and u can do what u need to. you'll probably need it for TO6.

Moophobia

Smash Champion
Would anyone like to play sometime during the week????????????????????????????????????? I would like to get some playing in before duke so I have no johns <3

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
*shrug* either way, you were doin work. if we work on the things yay was talkin to us about, i do think we could become a good team, if you want.

you'd probably be best off with cam, whenever you're both at an event though.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
thursday is the best, it seems.

my day is done at 11 am so i have plenty of time to set up/do homework for the night. sneak would get here about 5.

wednesday would also work for me and ryan, but that seems out of the realm of possibility for matt.

if someone could bring a second setup, that'd be boss. my room can handle two, and odds are, we'll have at least 5 (ewbf) and maybe 6 (behr or smith maybe?)

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
cool. lookin forward to it. it'll be like my replacement tourney since i'm goin home this weekend.

also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF3hhToGNjA&feature=feedu

late night mm shenanigans. but mmm....7:04. peaches just shouldn't use things against me. i'm just too lucky :laugh:

edit: it sort of does, but not with chairs...it'd be awkward to play there since its kind of in the open, but if you guys don't mind, then i guess we could play in the more general common room.

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
cool. lookin forward to it. it'll be like my replacement tourney since i'm goin home this weekend.

also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF3hhToGNjA&feature=feedu

late night mm shenanigans. but mmm....7:04. peaches just shouldn't use things against me. i'm just too lucky :laugh:

edit: it sort of does, but not with chairs...it'd be awkward to play there since its kind of in the open, but if you guys don't mind, then i guess we could play in the more general common room.
read the details for that vid

you effectively made him quit melee

good **** mr. TRUE DARKNESS

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
nah, he was definitely gonna quit regardless, hence his tag in that set. he just wanted to go out against me i guess.

thats one thing i won't try to take credit for. he was already goin out. thats why he didn't enter, i think.

Top Bottom