• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brocator Thread: **** Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

$mike

Smash Ace
I remember great games that no one ever talks about
Jet Force Gemini
Flying Dragon
Tetrishere
Wipeout 64.
**** was great.
I looove Tetrisphere. If there's a N64 at a tourney anytime soon, I'll bring it. Jet Force Gemini is pretty good too.

SNES is so much more amazing than N64, though. <3

DJRome

Smash Hero
jfg for the coop.

an snes is THE best system ever made.

my fave games include: chrono trigger, kirby superstar, killer instinct, mario rpg, super mario world, earthbound. . . the list just goes on.

$mike

Smash Ace
Those are all some of my favorites (except Killer Instinct, but it's alright). And Earthbound... probably my second favorite game of all time.

Other SNES favs include: Super Metroid, Secret of Mana, DKC 1/2/3, and Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

All of which I have the original cartridge of. :bee: I have the box and everything for Killer Instinct.

DJRome

Smash Hero
OMG Zombie Ate My Neighbors is the best! the sound fx are amazing. muahahaha. super metroid. . . lovely, but it has limited replay value for me. still amazing the first time through.

thinking more about it, star wars return of the jedi, tetris attack, marvel war of the gems, tmnt tournament fighters, aladdin, Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose (the games in this were amazing), batman returns, mega man x, tmnt iv turtles in time, mario kart, and for some reason, The Super Aquatic Games Starring the Aquabats

edit: so http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9543716&postcount=24.

we have an emb from asheboro. and here an emk from ashburn. lol

$mike

Smash Ace
I've had ZAMN since my childhood and I still haven't beaten it. That game is ****ing hard. Last time I tried was last summer... I got game over at some ant level in the 30s. ;_;

Tiny Toon Adventures is a classic. That's the weird thing about SNES games. You'd think kiddy games like Tiny Toons, Pink Panther, Aladdin, etc. aren't good at all, but they're really good.

DJRome

Smash Hero
does anyone remember the tiny toons sports game on the genesis? that junk was fun too.

zamn is impossible. im pretty sure i only beat it once and that was when i was like 15 after playing it like once a month for the past 5 years

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oh my god. A classic gaming convo? That's my alley, fo sho.

If anything, I'm gonna play something from the 16-bit era and before first. Everything else will come after.:chuckle:

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'd say Earthbound is good, but SO much was removed when it was localized in the U.S, and it will never see a re-release because MORE stuff with the audio was found to infringe on copy rights. You're missing out on the U.S version, IMO. I think it would be best for you to find a copy of the Japanese version and get a translated guide for you.:dizzy:

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
SNES.

And you're right. You might not care for the differences (or rather, the LARGE amount of removal) so the experience will still be a good one.

ANYONE PLAY VECTORMAN?

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Localization doesnt equal abomination. Earthbounds translation was done very well imo. Keep whats relevant and make relevant the rest.

You're making it out to be like the *******ization that was persona 1 and 2

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
That's how I read it . . . I went to a fan site.

I mean,what they left out, if I remember, were the puns and references made to popular icons in the media as a whole (People, product, firms, etc.). Not sure if it extends beyond that.

oh, no wonder i don't have it, i don't have an SNES! haha! :) ha...ha...:(
GET ONE! Games from that and the Genesis. A time period I want to believe was a golden age for gaming.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Snes was the golden age of gaming. No need to include the genesis. Not even the blast processing could make it less inferior.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
"blast processing" was a gimmick to make it sound cool. It did nothing special.

16-Bit war, SON! Alot of good **** came out on both consoles. I was an SNES kid then, but now that I've played games from both consoles, I'd say a good fight was made. Audio was killing the Genesis, though.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord

16-Bit war, SON! Alot of good **** came out on both consoles. I was an SNES kid then, but now that I've played games from both consoles, I'd say a good fight was made. Audio was killing the Genesis, though.
I know that. I was being snarky.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Does anyone watch AVGN (Angry Video Game Nerd)?

He does some really funny reviews of terrible games of the past and he also goes over the history of consoles like the Genesis, CD-i, Atari 2600/5200/Jaguar, etc.

Some good stuff

TJ Infinat

Smash Ace
raeford or chapel hill depends on the time of year

*frown* I came up with a genesis.
But the first console game I ever played was Sonic and Knuckles. **** WAS AWESOME. I, from them on, became a gamer. I would go over to my aunts house just to beg my cousin to let me play her SNES. It was a trade, though. I had to expose myself to barbies. Later, it became a, please, please, please beat mariokart for me. I cant do it.

I was pleased.

Btw, the best snes game I've ever played was the goof troop game. it was top down and you couldnt just. You could run, pick up stuff, use what you picked up and throw environment items you picked up.

The bosses got INSANE.
only beat it once.

I was a nintendo fanboy *with moderate skill on any other console* until the xbox 360. I've owned a gbc, gba, gbaSP, DS, N64, and a GC *in addition to the genesis and my brother's xbox* and now I have a 360.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Tiny Toon Adventures is a classic. That's the weird thing about SNES games. You'd think kiddy games like Tiny Toons, Pink Panther, Aladdin, etc. aren't good at all, but they're really good.
does anyone remember the tiny toons sports game on the genesis? that junk was fun too.

zamn is impossible. im pretty sure i only beat it once and that was when i was like 15 after playing it like once a month for the past 5 years
i played aladdin and tiny toons for genesis.

Never beat either one. back then, people actually cared about the quality of tv/movie spinoff games.

no ****, those games weremad hard

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Difficulty doesn't make a good game. And as for movie games, a good example is the Terminator franchise that AVGN reviewed. Bad games. BAD GAMES.

Contrary to what we believe, the industry was just as littered with crap then as they are now. We were just too young to realize it.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Difficulty doesn't make a good game. And as for movie games, a good example is the Terminator franchise that AVGN reviewed. Bad games. BAD GAMES.

Contrary to what we believe, the industry was just as littered with crap then as they are now. We were just too young to realize it.
...Buuuuut i still had fun playing them (and so did these other people) sooooooo

they were fun games

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Like I said. We were too young to analyze the quality of the game.

And you bring up an interesting point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom