• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brawl+ PR

Gardevior

Smash Lord
My roommate mains Sonic (argh), and all he does is run around and f/dsmash. And I almost lost. Due to the lower hitstun, he was able to spring away from any combo not entirely in hitstun. It was pretty frustrating. Just saying. Lol.
Seems to me like you're too slow. Try to step it up.

Rayku

Smash Lord
snakes neutral b (best projectile) and down b (makes his recovery go from complete **** to pretty good) are enough to get him on the list

toon link should be obvious, 3 amazing projectiles and a good recovery move. ics are obvious, falco is obvious, i think pikachu deserves a spot over MK too because MK doesn't even need his specials for recovery (if all his specials sucked for recovery then MK would just glide everywhere he needed to be).
Personally, I think Falco's laser is the best projectile, but I can agree to Snake having good B moves

True, Metaknight doesn't NEED them, but it doesn't mean they're any less ridiculous. Plus, tornado is one of the best moves in the game. Plus, DownB is potentially -the- most broken move in Brawl (obviously just looking at it from an outsider's view)

*CT*

Smash Lord
Man I read a few walls of text, them my mind was like "Let's go eat or play some games." I'll get back to this later.

DUB

Smash Lord
I think I might try this. I bash the hell out of Brawl+ but I'll enter one tourney. Not completely sure on a main as I know nothing about this so called "game". I'm probably going to be a Mario main in Brawl+. y/n?

Keith_Da_Thief

Smash Journeyman
my weegee is gonna take each one of yall wives and bend them over the counter, and then commence with a brutal ****, while eating a sandwich that was demanded earlier from the wife.

lord karn

Smash Master
Charizard is legit in B+. He ***** Ganon.

Hmmm, I think I need to pick up a strong secondary in B+. I wonder who it will be.

DUB

Smash Lord
So me and Rag gave it a shot today. We have a few videos and we think we might just take a run at the B+ Doubles scene too.

My thoughts on B+ after playing 2-3 hours:

It comes down to finding someone fun who has combos that you can execute. I don't know about this "game" yet but as Mario I had a somewhat fun time playing. Up Smash Up Smash Up Smash is the best combo ever.

Rayku

Smash Lord
So me and Rag gave it a shot today. We have a few videos and we think we might just take a run at the B+ Doubles scene too.

My thoughts on B+ after playing 2-3 hours:

It comes down to finding someone fun who has combos that you can execute. I don't know about this "game" yet but as Mario I had a somewhat fun time playing. Up Smash Up Smash Up Smash is the best combo ever.
more like upair upair upair upair upair with Ike against Snake for the kill

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
Oh well, I guess the slightly lower hitstun is eventually going to be a good thing, now you have to be frame perfect on combos, which means you actually have to practice to get them. And I really have no issues with practicing B+. I hope there will be a B+ setup at Smash Stacks this week, because Brawl friendlies are yawn.

Jon?

Smash Champion
Oh well, I guess the slightly lower hitstun is eventually going to be a good thing, now you have to be frame perfect on combos, which means you actually have to practice to get them. And I really have no issues with practicing B+. I hope there will be a B+ setup at Smash Stacks this week, because Brawl friendlies are yawn.
If I want to do perfect frame combos, I'll just play 64 Smash. sup

Rayku

Smash Lord
If I want to do perfect frame combos, I'll just play 64 Smash. sup
lolololol @ this statement. Frame-perfect, eh?

Guess I'm just that good at timing my uptilts with Kirby, and mashing Z as I'm falling

DUB

Smash Lord
I don't really like CF in plus but being able to do any combo into a knee is good enough for me. Ganon is broken.

lord karn

Smash Master
Puff is sooooo good in teams, though. Fox also seems to be really good in teams, but much harder to play than Jiggs or GaW. Hmmm, I wonder who else would be awesome in teams. I suppose Wario still is.

lord karn

Smash Master
Ganon honestly doesn't seem to be that great in teams to me. He kills really well, but he also has less free space to get into the positions he wants to be in, which can lead to him being forced to the edge much easier, which is a position he really doesn't want to be in. I wouldn't say he is really any better or worse than he is in singles, which is solid, but not amazing.

Metaknight is probably still broken in teams, but I haven't really tested that out.

DUB

Smash Lord
Ganon honestly doesn't seem to be that great in teams to me. He kills really well, but he also has less free space to get into the positions he wants to be in, which can lead to him being forced to the edge much easier, which is a position he really doesn't want to be in. I wouldn't say he is really any better or worse than he is in singles, which is solid, but not amazing.

Metaknight is probably still broken in teams, but I haven't really tested that out.
I think his recovery brokenly good. Wizard kick gives him his double back in this game ( doesn't do that for Falcon ) his Up+B has the gayest, most disjointed hitbox I have EVER seen on the end of this hand. It will hit you through the ledge a long *** distance away. He is safe on shields like Melee Fox. His jab will cover any lag that a almost lagless aerial may leave open.

Top Bottom