• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brawl+ PR

Jon?

Smash Champion
Yo, I'm getting on these rankings with Pit, lols.

Edit: I managed to find the most broken things about characters in the first few minutes of picking them up.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
I'm afraid of NC's Brawl+ competition
Yeah, it's a pretty popular trend in this State to quit Brawl or main MK (pretty much the same thing imo), then go to B+.

We find the coolest things in this game. Props to Karn for applying Ganon's gay *** chaingrab -> death combos and G&W's absolutely unpunishable Bair -> Jab combos.

I don't give any props to Jon because he spent 3 hours pillaring me to death today with Ness today.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I don't know any gay stuff about the game but I still manage to win occasionally

Also, @Ledger's sig: I like that explanation. I've been preaching that for years, good to see people agree with me :)

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
I don't know any gay stuff about the game but I still manage to win occasionally

Also, @Ledger's sig: I like that explanation. I've been preaching that for years, good to see people agree with me :)
Yeah, that's where most people are at. Jon? is just a douche bag (but we still love him, somehow). It's not really all that gay since most (all) characters have equally or at least competitively gay things they can do.

Haha, thanks for the props, bro. I actually put that sig up to troll people who know me well enough to know that I'm usually on SOMETHING or other. But mad respect to people who make decisions for themselves instead of being, as Snapp would put it, tools. Let it be known that Ledger isn't a tool because I recently just quit weed ^_^ (because I am farking broke and am seriously questioning if I can afford to even go to Pound yet wouldn't possibly miss it for the world)

If you do stuff because you think it'll make you cool and doesn't afraid of anything, you're a tool. I just do it because I'm bored and I'm in college. Lol.

Jon?

Smash Champion
Not that I know of. The new B+ update reduced hit stun by a bit and now the game feels completely different from my point of view.

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
Not that I know of. The new B+ update reduced hit stun by a bit and now the game feels completely different from my point of view.

bill said there hasnt been an update for the past 4 months...

there is no way to make a top 10 list for a game that is ever changing...

when a final version is released i might show interest

Foxy

Smash Master
I hope the build is not going to be used. I'll try to voice our opinion in the WBR.

Also, I think we've had enough tournaments to start PR discussion, and then maybe wait for the next one (and hype it to make sure all potential ranked players show up) before finalizing and publishing the rankings.

lord karn

Smash Master
I hope the build is not going to be used. I'll try to voice our opinion in the WBR.

Also, I think we've had enough tournaments to start PR discussion, and then maybe wait for the next one (and hype it to make sure all potential ranked players show up) before finalizing and publishing the rankings.
I talked to Corey about it for a while and he seemed to agree with me, but it doesn't seem like he'll push them to change it back, either.

I just don't understand why they waited months to release a new build if they are only now going to change the game mechanics completely. We don't need reduced hitstun and NADT, combos are not all that cookie cutter like people have been complaining if you learn how to DI. The main problem is that no one has gotten good enough at the game to really show the potential of the combo game. I know that when I play David he does a lot of crazy stuff on me, and I did some crazy combos in my mms with Yay and Bill.

Making these changes now is only going to further discourage good players from picking up B+, because there is no point in actually learning what your character is capable of in depth. There is always the possibility that they will make another game-breaking change. I thought that level of change was over with 5.0, so I started learning Ganon in depth, but now it seems that all of my work was pretty much useless.

I personally think they should only make balance changes as the metagame develops. Like they should obviously nerf Ness and a few other characters, but they don't have to change any mechanics.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
If people are already doing such crazy combos this early into the metagame, by the time people actually really get comfortable with the game and learn ****, it'll just be ********.

lord karn

Smash Master
But if people actually DId right the combos your seeing would not always work, and would require prediction to keep going.

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
Making these changes now is only going to further discourage good players from picking up B+, because there is no point in actually learning what your character is capable of in depth. There is always the possibility that they will make another game-breaking change.
exactly...

QFT

stingers

Smash Obsessed
The WBR engineered the moves to link into each other too well. Things shouldn't be so easy mode, regardless of DI. Current Brawl+ combo videos aren't exciting because everything they show is basic, even if the combos are 10 moves long and lead to death. Not even 64 (and certainly not melee) had it that bad.

Rayku

Smash Lord
They took out the auto-snap in Lucario's upB and now it's nearly impossible to grab the ledge from it.

I also vote against the new build.

Jon?

Smash Champion
It feels like a dumber version of vBrawl with small hit stun. I don't even have fun when I play it anymore.

THO

Smash Apprentice
New version is pretty much a pos. Except that when corey came over we got to play with zero and he is the ****ing ****. Honestly, i'd just main that bad ***, he's so ****ing good. ****, it was like like Yoda and **** just ****ing flying around spinning his sword and ****. So OP sooooo fun. He's like metaknight good but not a dip**** to play. Its ****ing yoda son.

But yeah, new build bad, metaknight is still awesome, but we really don't know enough about the game to do **** about ****, which is the problem. No one good is actually testing this **** out, like really really testing it out (at least thats what it looks like). People on the forums just keep arguing their usual bull **** and don't even know what they are talking about.

Good example, right now they are discussing how they need to nerf metaknights sideB cuz its too good with auto snap, but they added instant release to ledge grabs, so we can be invincible and he isn't so we win if we time time it right. But no one mentions that. It doesn't matter if they can autosnap or not because your ****ing invincible.

But yeah, **** that ****, me and karn actually started practicing this game, which is a big deal for me, cuz i don't give a ****, and now all that work is wasted as ****. This game is pretty much going to be a side game for pros to win at vB tourneys for the next year.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
The WBR engineered the moves to link into each other too well. Things shouldn't be so easy mode, regardless of DI. Current Brawl+ combo videos aren't exciting because everything they show is basic, even if the combos are 10 moves long and lead to death. Not even 64 (and certainly not melee) had it that bad.
Combo videos in GENERAL aren't that exciting anymore. we see the same stomp-> Nair -> UAir -> Knee **** from CF all the time.
The same Bair -> Uair -> Rest bs from Jiggz
Ubiquitous sword swipe -> Ubiquitous sword swipe-> Dair from Marth
Stomp ad nauseum -> Fair from Ganon

You get the ****ing point. The problem isn't with the game. It's with the community's a) suckiness at DIing out of that BS and b) lack of creativity.

Once the community actually learns how to avoid that stuff, people will start becoming more creative. FYI, I think the last version of Brawl+ had less hitstun than Melee. Silly, eh?

It feels like a dumber version of vBrawl with small hit stun. I don't even have fun when I play it anymore.
Wow, hitstun is THAT low? That's silly.

They took out the auto-snap in Lucario's upB and now it's nearly impossible to grab the ledge from it.

I also vote against the new build.
Why the **** would they do that? Some characters NEED auto-snap with their UP-Bs. Hell, I wish Ness and Lucas had auto-snap.

Smashers, I swear, I'll never understand them.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Why the **** would they do that? Some characters NEED auto-snap with their UP-Bs. Hell, I wish Ness and Lucas had auto-snap.
Apparently it's broken.

Lucario's lack of free fall after the upB makes him broken, too

Considering that there were no other changes made to him (except like...running speed I think. And faster fall speed)

Foxy

Smash Master
If anyone wants to share more opinions about the new build, post them here and I will in turn post them in the WBR. I'm already making a thread about it.

I want the game to stay how it is and I want you guys to have a voice, as we're probably the most dedicated and experienced state with B+.

Veril

Frame Savant
we're probably the most dedicated and experienced state with B+.
NY says hi
get *****

FYI, I think the last version of Brawl+ had less hitstun than Melee. Silly, eh?
It feels like a dumber version of vBrawl with small hit stun.
~10% less hitstun does not = vBrawl. The melee hitstun mod was .44, the beta has .46, 5.0 has .48.

lrn2math

No one good is actually testing this **** out, like really really testing it out (at least thats what it looks like). People on the forums just keep arguing their usual bull **** and don't even know what they are talking about.
I loled. First off, I've tested this game more than you and all your friends. Its because of this that I know you're talking out of your a**. If you actually fail at recovering with MK's side-b in 5.0... edgehogging it usually fails due to its duration. Unless the MK is super far away that won't work. I don't agree with that nerf personally, but your rant was still based on a false assumption.

Top Bottom