• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brawl+ PR

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Ok guys here's the deal. Brawl+ is just starting to get big and I think that one of the things that's holding it back is the lack of a system of rewards with it. Not everyone plays for money so some people just want the recognition of being a top player and therefore I think it is time for the Brawl+ PR's to be started in NC. We would be the first state, so we would also be leading a bit of a movement. I have decided along with others interested that the list should be released after the NCSU biweekly, here's what we need everyone to do though.

For a PR list to be an accurate or even a semi-accurate representation of any given states group of players then there needs to be as much data as possible. Since within this ranking period we will only have 2 tournaments this is not possible from tournament data alone and therefore, some other help is needed. I strongly encourage everyone even remotely interested in Brawl+ to not only enter the tournaments but to get in as many money matches as possible, so that we have a decent amount of data. I myself will be accepting any money matches for Brawl+ at the next billfest and at the NCSU bi-weekly. Worth noting though, I will only be accepted $1 money matches so that I have enough to go around. Please feel free to money match me multiple times if you like. I hope others are willing to make similar arrangements so that we may get this off the ground.

The issue of the members comprising the PR board is still under discussion but I can tell you now that Alex as well as myself will be on the board. The board will not necessarily be limited to 3 members as the Brawl PR board is, so if you are interested in being apart of it please talk to me but keep in mind that just being skilled is not necessarily enough or even a desirable trait.

Lastly if you do not agree with the idea of Brawl+ becoming big I ask you to please keep your opinion to yourself, this is not the place. So please out of respect for me and others send pm's or talk to me or others in person but please if you don't like Brawl+ hold the flaming comments to yourself.

I am truly excited about the prospect of a PR list for Brawl+ and I hope many others are equally enthusiastic.

Duo55

Smash Ace
I think its awesome that we are taking a step out from the rest like this, good work bill. As much as I would like to be on the PR board, I feel that at times, I would be slightly biased. I may change my mind in the future, but as of now I don't think I'm best suited for the job.

null55

Smash Master
B+ is starting to get big? in NC?

i guess i'll see in a couple weeks.

DJRome

Smash Hero
I'd been wondering about this because there has been a huge upsurge in B+ interest in nc, pretty where brawl is b+ has its intenders

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Thanks for the support guys. This just occurred to me but this thread is also a good place to schedule money matches from so.... anyone interesting in money matching me? Since it will be for PR placement you don't get to pick my character but I'll tell you now that I play Bowser, Captain Falcon, Kirby and Olimar.

THO

Smash Apprentice
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, this will mean we will actually have to start doing singles and not just doubles at all the BP tourneys. I like doubles, Poop

lord karn

Smash Master
Hmmm, perhaps we should have the ranking periods last longer than they do in Brawl so that we get the same amount of tournies for data. Or perhaps the creation of B+ PRs will cause more B+ tournies and the problem will fix itself.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Hmmm, perhaps we should have the ranking periods last longer than they do in Brawl so that we get the same amount of tournies for data. Or perhaps the creation of B+ PRs will cause more B+ tournies and the problem will fix itself.
Thats the hope.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i'll mm people...just let me know

i'm not using rob in + anymore...i've sworn to myself lol...so i don't expect to do too good :laugh:

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Peeeeeeee Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaars~~~

Put me on the board. I'm totally unbiased.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Thought about accepting your offer Bill, but I'm kind of not interested in putting up with complaints more than I already do about rankings. Everyone else seems to be more enthusiastic about being on the panel, so it shouldn't be tough to find a suitable replacement.

Good luck with this project. I am interested in where it goes.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lol i figured out why pp doesnt like b+

he lost to yay at foxy's in it when he thought he was guaranteed money :(

THO

Smash Apprentice
First rule of stealing money:
If you forget, you don't feel bad.

Top Bottom