• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Naryu's love can do that!?

S2

Smash Lord
It's not THAT obvious thank you very much. Falco's reflector could be considered a projectile, but it's not. There was another move that seems like a projectile but it's not, just can't remember it right now. I'll post when I remember it.
Were you thinking of G&W's bucket?

I'm fairly certain that does not count as a projectile, even though you'd think it would be.

goodkid

Smash Lord
Naryu's love can reflect snakes up-smash so the missle goes through you and if he is still in the range of the explosion it hits him (snake)
Yeah that happened to me before, It may have been the invincibility frames from Nayru's Love, but not sure yet.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
This is cool and all, but how does this ACTUALLY impact her game? Most Pikachus will jump foward, then back, and use thunder in between so it won't hit them. Other than that, some pikachus will use it as a defensive move when an opponent jumps from below the stage or something ONTO the stage. If you were to use nayru's as an approach to combat the thunder, it obviously wouldn't work. This is just something I threw out here so y'all might discuss it. It's totally fine with me if you disagree.

TWK?

Smash Cadet
Yes, Nayru's can reflect Pikmin tossed with his side-b, although don't expect them to fly far enough back to latch onto him, they usually fall short, plus a whistle can pull them all off him anyway. As far as DanGR's post, I think this only helps, when against Pikachu, in preventing being KO'd from way up high, which is a real problem spot for Zelda. She's very vulnerable when above people, and it's nice to have at least a bit of a defense against a very far ranged vertical KO move that sometimes lasts longer than an air dodge. I don't see it as becoming a part of Zelda's offensive game, but it is amazing for situational defense, which is often enough to turn a stock around. Just my thoughts.

The Chuff

Smash Cadet
This is so funny because we are discussing something that should have been a given... the thunder is a projectile, it is flying through the air and unlike one or other of the past games it has a beginning and an end. So it should be reflected, actually we should have all tried reflecting it up, and then just been surprised when it hit Pikachu for damage.
It had a beginning and an end in melee. Try using it in a lower part of Temple while there is someone in a higher part. You'll see the cloud.

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
I think you can also nullify Ike´s Eruption I was playing as Zelda and Ike fully charged Eruption i got close used Nayru´s Love and Zelda didn´t take damage i was like OMG!!!

Dihan

Smash Apprentice
I think you can also nullify Ike´s Eruption I was playing as Zelda and Ike fully charged Eruption i got close used Nayru´s Love and Zelda didn´t take damage i was like OMG!!!
I believe Nayru's Love has super armour frames, that would explain not taking the Eruption damage.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
I believe Nayru's Love has super armour frames, that would explain not taking the Eruption damage.
You mean invincibility frames? During super armor you still take the damage but just don´t flinch in the slightest while invincibility frames give you total protection of damage and knockback. Nayru has some invincibility if my memory serves me right.

Dihan

Smash Apprentice
You mean invincibility frames? During super armor you still take the damage but just don´t flinch in the slightest while invincibility frames give you total protection of damage and knockback. Nayru has some invincibility if my memory serves me right.
Yeah, I meant invincibility... I hate that word! There are way too many "i"s in it. >.>

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Yeah, I meant invincibility... I hate that word! There are way too many "i"s in it. >.>
True, that word is just full of i:s. It´s kinda hard to write =P

I just wanted to make sure that you were talking of the same thing than what I was thinking.

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
Surprised no one linked that video where Zelda reflected Pikachu's Thunder and Ness batted it and Pikachu went from 0% - 200% in a second...

Dihan

Smash Apprentice
You can also use Nayru's Love on Peach's Toad to reflect the spores back at Zelda. I found it amusing anyway.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
awesome THNX im gonna love this move!!
cant wait to see the pikachu user i play against to try this move

Top Bottom