• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Naryu's love can do that!?

Jewbacabra

Smash Cadet
So apparently...

You can Neutral B pikachu's thunder, and it hits pikachu!

Yay slightly important posts :D

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
I first learned this from spAzn but nice job posting it for the rest of the world to know.

Jewbacabra

Smash Cadet
Lol i actually expected some flaming comments but i guess this hasnt been posted yet.

Go me.

If i knew this was slightly unknown i woulda made the thread title a little more inviting.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
I think that this can be done in Melee too, but I also know that there are many players out there who don´t know this.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Wow, that is so cool and useful. Thanks for posting just in case, because today it was definitely the "in case" and not the "just".

"Converting" Tink's and Link's boomerangs is common knowledge too, right?

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
The same thing happens with Dins. If you Nayru's Din's if the Zelda detonates it right in front of her face, it damages her, again not the most useful information, but still, it's interesting the things nayru's can do.

Edit: No it can't reflect the bucket. Well, it can give them like 1% but you'll still go flying so I wouldn't recommend NL for the bucket.

S2

Smash Lord
TC, that actually is not too common of knowledge.

I didn't know about this because I never thought of his thunder as a projectile. This'll be really handy in that matchup.

And yeah, different note G&W's bucket doesn't count a projectile that can be reflected. Don't reflect it, you'll die. The damage he takes is from your Nayru crystals.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
I think that this can be done in Melee too, but
I don't think it happens the same way in Melee. As far as I can remember, you are basically "invincible" to the Thunder during the reflection frames of NL, but it doesn't actually reflect anything back at the Pikachu.

Anywho, I could have sworn that we've talked about this before. *shrugs* Yay for Jewbacabra for bringing it to the forefront.

Jewbacabra

Smash Cadet
Yay praise jewba for doing that -- hes so super great.
And he played zelda at nationals (gamestop BS)
wooooo.

Ryoko or w/e his name is should add this to the zelda general information thread.

I think ill post in there now.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
I don't think it happens the same way in Melee. As far as I can remember, you are basically "invincible" to the Thunder during the reflection frames of NL, but it doesn't actually reflect anything back at the Pikachu.
You got me curious wether I remembered correctly, so I ran a few tests. If Zelda is right above Pikachu the thunder will just pass trought her, not hurt Pikachu and strike Zelda when NL ends, but if Zelda is almost straight above Pikachu, but a little off (the place is kinda strange, it sometimes works and sometimes doesn´t) she will reflect lightning back to Pikachu and hurt him (but she usually gets hurt too). If she is almost next to Pika she can hit him with both reflected thunder and NL. So yes, it´s different but can be done (well in some fashion ;)), but it seems to work much better in Brawl.

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
I used this yesterday against a pikachu, it was nice.
Interesting what half-split said.. you can do this just standing next to the yellow rodent too?

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
I used this yesterday against a pikachu, it was nice.
Interesting what half-split said.. you can do this just standing next to the yellow rodent too?
No, it can´t be done standing next to Pikachu, because the hitbox that comes when lightning hits him doesn´t count as projectile, but if you´re in the air just above that hitbox, it works. (sorry if my explanation was hard to understand).

Jewbacabra

Smash Cadet
Most pikachu's follow a dsmash with a thunder attack. So next time you decide to air dodge thunder as zelda, just hit B instead.

Mokai

Smash Apprentice
I've only recently started using Zelda; this is a fantastic tip to know. Thank you very much! ^^

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
Something I've noticed is strange, though a lot of people probably already know this.
If you're running at full speed holding forward, tap B and then bring the control stick backwards it will do a neutral B right out of the dash animation and turn zelda the other way

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
It's a b-reversal. Every character can do it. It was intended just for Ganon and CF I believe (Sakurai's notes) but it's a thing that everyone can do. Works well when you do a IASA from the edge with it and throw the enemy out there.

FerretStyle

Smash Apprentice
This is very interesting, but I think I prefer charging Fsmashes next to thunder spamming Pikachus.

But while we're talking about it, it can apparently be reflected with Falco's reflector also if his kicks it into Pikachu during the thunder. Probably Pit's hiyayaya, too, if used in the right position.

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
This is very interesting, but I think I prefer charging Fsmashes next to thunder spamming Pikachus.

But while we're talking about it, it can apparently be reflected with Falco's reflector also if his kicks it into Pikachu during the thunder. Probably Pit's hiyayaya, too, if used in the right position.
Yes, I can confirm it does work with Falco.

Everytime I have to deal with a thunder spamming Pickachu on Anyone mode, I always pick Falco to for his Reflector so the Pickachu doesn't spam it as much.

Though I also pick Falco because I like playing him, not just because of annoying Pichachus.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
This is so funny because we are discussing something that should have been a given... the thunder is a projectile, it is flying through the air and unlike one or other of the past games it has a beginning and an end. So it should be reflected, actually we should have all tried reflecting it up, and then just been surprised when it hit Pikachu for damage.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
It's not THAT obvious thank you very much. Falco's reflector could be considered a projectile, but it's not. There was another move that seems like a projectile but it's not, just can't remember it right now. I'll post when I remember it.

Tmnt1837

Smash Cadet
This was something that i didn't come to learn until a few weeks ago. I was so happy when i learned it. Pikachu's were so annoying but this really made them a much easier match up neutralizing one of their best moves.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Every single counter in the game can still (much like in Melee) counter Pikachu's thunder (and in some way hit him), IIRC. It's always been like that. It's nothing new.

Triforce_Chauzu

Smash Apprentice
I faced my first Thunder spamming Pikachu over wi-fi the other day. I actually made him stop spamming thanks to Nayru's. He looked clueless what to do after that. :)

Jewbacabra

Smash Cadet
Way to be a party pooper Yuna, i just posted this because its not common knowledge.
im not saying its new or anything.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i already posted this in keeping it classy but since this is a naryu's love thread i will post it here as well.

Naryu's love can reflect snakes up-smash so the missle goes through you and if he is still in the range of the explosion it hits him (snake)

Top Bottom