• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Naruto

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I've never seen anyone die from simply being pushed back.
People are funny to jump to conclusions.
Most often in Shonen animes, main characters are often healed. Plus to many people have died all ready.

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
I've never seen anyone die from simply being pushed back.
People are funny to jump to conclusions.
Most often in Shonen animes, main characters are often healed. Plus to many people have died all ready.
It depends on how hard you get pushed back. If you get hit by a car speeding down the highway, you're not going to walk that off. If he's got enough power to toss Bunta, Hiro, and Ken like rag dolls he can certainly kill Hinata (if he chose to).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Do I have to have spoiler tags for the latest comics?

I'll add them anyway...
Naruto's 6 tailed form is awesome! I like the bones, it's a nice touch to it. I wonder if his next forms are going to grow muscles and junk all over it.

Also, I like Hinata...I am sad.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I find spoiler tags pointless, anyone who doesnt want know what happened wouldnt read the post anyways because 1)Theres a chance of someone spoiling and 2)They cant read half of what people are saying. Also most likely everyone has either read the most recent chapter or they dont care.

Lovely

Smash Lord
I find spoiler tags pointless, anyone who doesnt want know what happened wouldnt read the post anyways because 1)Theres a chance of someone spoiling and 2)They cant read half of what people are saying. Also most likely everyone has either read the most recent chapter or they dont care.
You do have a point, everything is exposed on the internet so there's not point of having spoiler tags, but you can't help someone like me for not reading the manga but watch the anime show and want to share my thought's on it with people who watch it as well. ♥

kr3wman

Smash Master
Hinata exchanged blows with Pein, 100% proof she is Bijuu level.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
You do have a point, everything is exposed on the internet so there's not point of having spoiler tags, but you can't help someone like me for not reading the manga but watch the anime show and want to share my thought's on it with people who watch it as well. ♥

hmm I see.
But in the end All shall convert to manga.
<not really but plausable

Aesir

Smash Master
Hinata is totally dead, it would take away from Pains character if she was somehow alive. Because it would imply two things, he failed at killing her which is quite clear pain is very successful at killing things. Or two it would imply Pain has a heart, which is completely wrong Pain is one of the coldest characters in naruto thus far. So she should stay dead besides the one thing I like about deaths in this manga is there's only one way to bring them back and that way is likely to never happen again anyway, so people tend to stay dead.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Hinata is totally dead, it would take away from Pains character if she was somehow alive. Because it would imply two things, he failed at killing her which is quite clear pain is very successful at killing things. Or two it would imply Pain has a heart, which is completely wrong Pain is one of the coldest characters in naruto thus far. So she should stay dead besides the one thing I like about deaths in this manga is there's only one way to bring them back and that way is likely to never happen again anyway, so people tend to stay dead.
Everyone has a heart, I don't see you're point. Of course, his is corrupted to a certain level, but he still has one.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think we've figured all of Pain out yet.

It didn't reveal that much of his background, and apparently he DID once have a heart.

He seems ruthless now, but I think we need more information about his past and what happened after Jiraya left them.

Niiro

Smash Ace
Godamit I'm on mah iPod so I can't read the spoilers. And I love how pissed shino got when naruto didn't reconize him.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I got to say, I REALLY don't like Pain's character.

I'd like to see his dead parents rise from the grave and smack his face and tell him to suck it up and act like a man.

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
I don't think we've figured all of Pain out yet.

It didn't reveal that much of his background, and apparently he DID once have a heart.

He seems ruthless now, but I think we need more information about his past and what happened after Jiraya left them.
I think you guys are missing the fact that Pain's motivation is peace, he thinks he is doing the right thing to decrease the amount of fighting, so his motivation is not an evil or "heartless" one, even if you think his methods are. He also took some time to at least mourn for Deidara for his help, and admonished Kisame for mocking the deaths of his comrades, so he's not just some robot who goes around killing people thoughtlessly.

Genome Squirrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DarkCoffee
I think you guys are missing the fact that Pain's motivation is peace, he thinks he is doing the right thing to decrease the amount of fighting, so his motivation is not an evil or "heartless" one, even if you think his methods are. He also took some time to at least mourn for Deidara for his help, and admonished Kisame for mocking the deaths of his comrades, so he's not just some robot who goes around killing people thoughtlessly.
i must not have read the manga closely enough, i thought his plan consisted of cold blooded, mass killing which would lead to peace through crippling. pain's plan reminds me of the plot from watchman, except poorly thought out (like hiring nothing but murderous traitors, i'd be surprised if no one pulls a dimentio on him). ubermensch and genocide should also remind you of a certain dictator. i think his true goal is simply for others to feel pain as he has felt pain. you would require a very warped view of peace in order to accept his idea as a means for peace, like accepting ubiquitous death, sadness, fear, rage, and hopelessness as a part of peace.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
As long as people are different in ANY way, there will not be peace as people define it.

You can have false peace, but not true peace.

Genome Squirrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DarkCoffee
if you're willing to accept imperfection, our society is peaceful
in a given day, most people will not commit crimes/riot and are able to make ends meet

in naruto, ninjas are prevalent, so fighting, crime, and assassination are common place

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
i must not have read the manga closely enough, i thought his plan consisted of cold blooded, mass killing which would lead to peace through crippling. pain's plan reminds me of the plot from watchman, except poorly thought out (like hiring nothing but murderous traitors, i'd be surprised if no one pulls a dimentio on him). ubermensch and genocide should also remind you of a certain dictator. i think his true goal is simply for others to feel pain as he has felt pain. you would require a very warped view of peace in order to accept his idea as a means for peace, like accepting ubiquitous death, sadness, fear, rage, and hopelessness as a part of peace.
Well he does have a very warped view of peace. But his intentions are good. That is to say, he thinks he is doing the right thing. In his mind it is the only real way to achieve peace. So I wouldn't say he is heartless, if he didn't care about others why would he ever bother with this crazy scheme in the first place? He is just a very disillusioned and very misguided fellow.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ever heard the saying "The road to hell is paved with good intentions" or something like that...

kr3wman

Smash Master
The Big bad is not really evil, he's just misguided.

Wait, where have I heard that before?

Sorry, I just see Hokuto no Ken everywhere.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I disagree with that guy, I have never felt any kind of warmth.

I'm rooting for that villain, even though he looks dead

kr3wman

Smash Master
I disagree with that guy, I have never felt any kind of warmth.

I'm rooting for that villain, even though he looks dead
He was already dead

Basically, Souther (That villain) was trained in Nanto Ho-oh Ken and the final test of the technique was reacting to a surprise attack blindfolded. When he killed the attacker he realized it was his master. After that, he stopped showing his emotions thinking they only bring pain and suffering to the world. He raised a giant pyramid (They were fighting on it) using slave children he kidnapped that would represent the grave of his emotions, memories and his master. However, he realizes, with some help from Kenshiro, that love also can bring happiness and warmth, and remembers the good memories. He cries some manly tears, some other guy he killed some chapter before that on top of the pyramid has his blood starting to flow down on the pyramid (like he's crying). Manly tears everywhere, etc etc, Pyramid explodes and crumbles, end of the arc.

Genome Squirrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DarkCoffee
Well he does have a very warped view of peace. But his intentions are good. That is to say, he thinks he is doing the right thing. In his mind it is the only real way to achieve peace. So I wouldn't say he is heartless, if he didn't care about others why would he ever bother with this crazy scheme in the first place? He is just a very disillusioned and very misguided fellow.
ubermenchen value philosophy much more than people, who they tend to view as ants. his peace is a totalitarian peace, a world where he controls everything with power and fear. why do you think he calls himself pain anyhow? he wants pain to rule the lives of people, and he wants to control and inflict the pain. have you learned nothing from those who call themselves ubermenchen, real or fictional? and please don't argue he's doing it for other people, peace = he controls everything

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
ubermenchen value philosophy much more than people, who they tend to view as ants. his peace is a totalitarian peace, a world where he controls everything with power and fear. why do you think he calls himself pain anyhow? he wants pain to rule the lives of people, and he wants to control and inflict the pain. have you learned nothing from those who call themselves ubermenchen, real or fictional? and please don't argue he's doing it for other people, peace = he controls everything
He already said he wants to give his wmd to the other countries so that they can see for themselves the horrors of war, he doesn't want to be some micromanaging emperor. If he didn't care at all what happened to them, he'd just let the others continue without his influence. Or he'd just build his weapon and one shot everyone until he's the only one left standing. But clearly he doesn't intend to do that. I think you guys are confused between what's going on in Pain's head, and what's going on outside of it. This is clearly a mentally disturbed individual. I am not arguing that his actions are good or justifiable. But saying he's "heartless" isn't completely true when you look at his motivations. In his opinion "false peace" is the only type of peace that exists, so he sets his aim for that. It's not really a mustache twirling "muahahaha I'm going to conquer the world" type of thing.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
It would be funny if
Pain actually wins against Naruto and the whole world changes and there is a whole new adventure where they have to conquer his regime or whatever. Now THAT would make Naruto interesting.

kr3wman

Smash Master
It would be funny if
Pain actually wins against Naruto and the whole world changes and there is a whole new adventure where they have to conquer his regime or whatever. Now THAT would make Naruto interesting.
Yeah, but wouldn't Naruto need to be dead for that to happen? Beside, it's not like Kishi is cool enough to do it.

Top Bottom