• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Naruto

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yeah, but wouldn't Naruto need to be dead for that to happen?
That's the point. J/K :laugh:

In all honesty, I'm waiting for this series to get better again. I doubt it will, but one could hope.
The earlier arcs had more substance, now it's just riding its popularity.
It's a shame that the story's ending up this way. I was hoping Part 2 would be good after the whole Kakashi Gaiden thing.

Niiro

Smash Ace
I'm starting to dislike the sai dude.
He is just a ****, calling out naruto's small **** like that.

Genome Squirrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DarkCoffee
He already said he wants to give his wmd to the other countries so that they can see for themselves the horrors of war, he doesn't want to be some micromanaging emperor. If he didn't care at all what happened to them, he'd just let the others continue without his influence. Or he'd just build his weapon and one shot everyone until he's the only one left standing. But clearly he doesn't intend to do that. I think you guys are confused between what's going on in Pain's head, and what's going on outside of it. This is clearly a mentally disturbed individual. I am not arguing that his actions are good or justifiable. But saying he's "heartless" isn't completely true when you look at his motivations. In his opinion "false peace" is the only type of peace that exists, so he sets his aim for that. It's not really a mustache twirling "muahahaha I'm going to conquer the world" type of thing.
he calls himself god, if you'd ever played sims you would find it close to a micromanaging emperor. what issue does he says he'll pass it around? i thought the only firsthand experience would be them getting nuked. i still think he wants world domination, if the ubermensch, ethnocentric, genocidal hat fits, i put them in the same league as stalin and hitler. conquering the world and making everyone slaves of fear is a great way to establish peace. surely one who believes himself god would be suitable for such a task. shame this series has an uninspired author.

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
he calls himself god, if you'd ever played sims you would find it close to a micromanaging emperor. what issue does he says he'll pass it around? i thought the only firsthand experience would be them getting nuked. i still think he wants world domination, if the ubermensch, ethnocentric, genocidal hat fits, i put them in the same league as stalin and hitler. conquering the world and making everyone slaves of fear is a great way to establish peace. surely one who believes himself god would be suitable for such a task. shame this series has an uninspired author.
It's the chapter right before this one (436) on pg 15. He basically wants to create his wmd and distribute it to the villages for their own use. He believes that this will instill fear of "nuclear warfare" (well, it's not really a nuke, but you get the idea) and that will prevent war from becoming commonplace, sort of like the system we have now with the U.S., Russia, China, etc. none would dare to nuke the other out of fear of being nuked right back. And in the event that war does break out, the resulting devastation will be so immense, that the participants would be unable to sustain open warfare for any extended periods of time, or face annihilation. He never said anything about wanting power for himself, or wanting slaves. Nor does he seek to wipe out any country in particular, so the Hitler/Stalin analogy isn't technically accurate.

He knows full well that he is not immortal, and that he cannot personally maintain control of all those different countries forever and ever, which is why he wants to leave his weapon behind, to ensure that even after his death, his idea of "peace" will always remain. So I wouldn't say he is "heartless" or "power hungry" int he tradition sense, someone like Orochimaru, who couldn't care less about wars or the fate of the rest of the world, would fit those better. There's a difference between being heartless, and being morally misguided, but with good intentions. I'd say he falls more under the latter. basically, this entire scheme of his is Kishimoto trying to make a (rather obvious) parallel to the dangers of nuclear warfare.

Genome Squirrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DarkCoffee
if there's only one weapon, 5 places can't use it simultaneously, there will be no reprisal once a country has used it. he never used the word distribute, he's most likely referring to a time after his death where people will fight for the nuke(a stupid plan). and in 329 he talked about using the weapon for world domination, but in this type of manga character motivation can change at any moment to fit the script (sasuke is a horrible character). tobi is really the only piece of the puzzle that has me somewhat intrigued. with how pain speaks of ninja, i'm convinced he wants to wipe them out as a class because either they create war or they are a group that can oppose him. even if he doesn't he's gonna to nuke a lot of people.

Zip.

Smash Lord
I Really need to catch up on reading...i havent read since Itachi died.. <.<

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It seems to me Pain's plan is to ensure war, and not peace.

His peace is years between wars with people afraid of wars.

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
It seems to me Pain's plan is to ensure war, and not peace.

His peace is years between wars with people afraid of wars.
Pain already knows war is inevitable. He specifically said wants to decrease the durations of wars with his new weapon. He wants to make war so dangerous that no one can afford to go to war on a regular basis. If both countries nuke each other, they'll both be helpless afterwards. Either way, the war's over after one shot. And after experiencing it, those countries would be reluctant to go to war again.

Genome Squirrel: He wants to make more than one. Re-read it. he says "they will use it themselveS". He wants everyone to be afraid to go to war. Obviously, if he made only one, like you said, there would be no point. When he says "a weapon" he doesn't mean literally that there will be only one.He's referring to a specific type of weapon which he intends to create. As for, 329, it's true that his speech doesn't really match up with what he's saying here. Perhaps Kishimoto changed his mind halfway through? I am just going on what Pain is saying right now, since the other members are not accompanying him. (I assume his currently given motivations are legitimate since he was mumbling to himself about peace at the end of the chapter, he may have reasons for lying or twisting his words in front of his lackeys). Or it may be some combination of the two. We don't know what was going on in Kishi's head between 329 and 436, but if I had to pick between Pain mumbling to himself, or Pain giving a speech to his lackeys I'd say the former is more likely to be the real deal.

Ravener

Smash Apprentice
Umm have i missed something or is pain the leader of the akatsuki clan? And wats that guys name that never dies? Sorry if the questions are stupid but im only up till chapter 329

Thino

Smash Master
Umm have i missed something or is pain the leader of the akatsuki clan? And wats that guys name that never dies? Sorry if the questions are stupid but im only up till chapter 329
you've missed something
AFAIK Madara is still the leader of akatsuki
the guy that never dies but is dead is Hidan , unless you're talking about Madara stealing his younge... read the chapters :|

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
So, essentialy
Pain wants to create a Cold War scenario?
What an idea of peace. Crazy guy.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
hey Niiro what was your avatar before it was removed for being to inappropriate??

Also... does that mean Naruto was 12 years old before the time skip?

Miharu

Smash Hero
lol it was an ugly distorted picture of tifa

disrespect man

at least get a better pic

or kind of like what america is doing to japan

japan can't even have an army they have to come to us for that
lol we're not threatening to massacre them if they "screw up"

nagato is such a disillusioned child; this is why you don't give idiots power :/

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Also... does that mean Naruto was 12 years old before the time skip?
Yea... sort of, I think a year past so Nartuo was thirteen before the time skip for two and a half years. I think another year had past when the Hunt for Uchiha arc started.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Meh.
For an all-powerful villain and the descendant of the first ninja and the inventor of ninjutsu... Nagato's kind of a dry character with dry motives. SIgh! Oh well!

kr3wman

Smash Master
Does that mean Falcon Punch is a lame move too?
No. I mean, his power is that he can reset the universe... and that's it. And the series end, everyone is dead

Naruto 438 spoilers :
HA HINATA IS ALIVE. And Sai has come back from nowhere along with yamato and shiznit.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Naruto 438 spoilers :
HA HINATA IS ALIVE. And Sai has come back from nowhere along with yamato and shiznit.
That's good.
It would seem really stupid after saying she loves him, attacks Pain once, and then dies.
It's good and all to kill off characters for the plot, but they still need to be done right.

~Zack~

Smash Journeyman
That's good.
It would seem really stupid after saying she loves him, attacks Pain once, and then dies.
It's good and all to kill off characters for the plot, but they still need to be done right.
ya but hinata shouldn't die anyways =l
i think pain did that just to get the fox demon out or whatever but idk

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
So I'm really concerned about how you guys are just giving spoilers out randomly. You can't just say
Hinata dies
without a spoiler tag.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I never actually liked Sai but at least I am happy
if Hinata is actually still alive.

Top Bottom