• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Naruto

Gaara♥

Smash Master

Anyways, I still like Naruto. Not nearly as much when Part 1 was still airing.
Nostalgia is what makes me stick with this series, really.

Couldnt have said it better myself ^_^

and I just read the chapter and.... awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Miharu

Smash Hero
this chapter seemed pretty random lol

lol just like in dbz when freeza kills krillin then goku rage -> ssj

typical :/

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I actually liked this chapter.

The pacing is a little weird, but at least the story's going somewhere.
It was kind of obvious that rage would help Naruto break free from Pain. It is a shonen manga after all.

And it looks like Hinata is dead. Still no confirmation though.

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
I actually liked this chapter.

The pacing is a little weird, but at least the story's going somewhere.
It was kind of obvious that rage would help Naruto break free from Pain. It is a shonen manga after all.

And it looks like Hinata is dead. Still no confirmation though.
If she's not dead now, she probably will be after this 6 tails business. Demon fox doesn't discriminate.

Aesir

Smash Master
Sigh. That's what it took for him to go fox mode? Lame.
Why wouldn't it? Hinata and Naruto where close, furthermore she basically professed her love for him, then dies right in front of him. To top it all off Pein showed no sigh of mercy to her she was another pest. Combine that with the emotional baggage naruto has; not being able to save his friends when it matters. It's not a surprise he would have blow up.

Aesir

Smash Master
Doesn't change the fact that that's all naruto has left right now, and considering what just happened it would be out of character for naruto to not rage.

Sides Kyuubi has been non-existent for almost a year. Nice to know he's still around.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Why wouldn't it? Hinata and Naruto where close, furthermore she basically professed her love for him, then dies right in front of him. To top it all off Pein showed no sigh of mercy to her she was another pest. Combine that with the emotional baggage naruto has; not being able to save his friends when it matters. It's not a surprise he would have blow up.
he's just saying how it's lame

it's just overused in shounen manga/anime

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
You know what made my cry more than
Hinata's death
?

The fact that there's NO ONE PIECE THIS WEEK!!!!

F*********************************************!!!!!

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Would it be bad of me to post here if I have a hard time trying to not bash Naruto anytime I think of it? :confused:

The fact that there's NO ONE PIECE THIS WEEK!!!!

F*********************************************!!!!!
No One Piece!?
:(

Yeah, if you could not guess I'm not exactly a fan of Naruto. >_>
But I keep up with it, I started it so I feel a need to finish it(yeah...) same with Bleach.
Anyways, this arc has been strange, sort of like how strange the last part of Code Geass was to me.
Konoha's obliteration, Kakashi's death(I assume, that's pretty much confirmed right?,) and now Hinata. I'm most surprised that Tsunade has not died yet actually. >_>
Kakashi dieing is a little surprising, more so in how his death was not really special, it feels like just a little more then a death some cannon fodder character would get. Guess I was caught off guard at him not doing anything big before his death.
The atom-bombing of Konoha... really Kishimoto, really... Felt like it was there just for shock value, to show that Kishimoto is not afraid to destroy things. It felt pointless and unnecessary other then possibly weakening Pain in order to give Naruto a chance.
Hinata's death just feels like Kishimoto wants to get her out of the manga. Her death is pretty generic, though I guess it fits what her character would do. Like Miharu said, Death -> Super Saiyan, only the death in Naruto was of a character that never really served a purpose(i.e. every character that's not named Sasuke and to a lesser extent, Naruto.)
Asuma's, Itachi's and Jiraiya's deaths were meh to me as well.
Kishimoto must be feeling withdraws by now from the lack of Sasuke lately. <_<

Imo the shounen tier list is like.

One pience

Naruto

Bleach.
Needs moar Hunter x Hunter, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, FMA and Soul Eater. >_>
Though yeah, I agree with that list for the Big 3.

Yay! Random person making a long post on his opinions. :bee:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
No One Piece this week? That sucks...
At least the Bleach chapter wasn't too bad.

Anyways, it's nice that Kishimoto isn't afraid of killing off characters, but he could've tried putting more effort into them. The scenes weren't dramatic enough. They kind of just happened.

Thino

Smash Master
Oda is just being lazy, needs moar
poisonous
guy this week
Soul eater would be top tier if it wasnt monthly cuz its just epic atm

Aesir

Smash Master
FMA would be number 1 if we did that LOL.

I think it was so quick to show how ****ing epic Pein is, he's done more damage to the good guys then any other villian in the entire series has combined.

The latest was I say was pretty dramatic in a more surreal way, just showed how merciless Pein is.

kr3wman

Smash Master
JJBA is crap now.

A jojo that, instead of having cool ability like the ripple, star platinum, Crazy Diamond, Golden Experience or Stone Free, he can shoot nails. ****ing NAILS.

W.

T.

F.

Atleast Kishimoto still has good ideas :/

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
JJBA is crap now.

A jojo that, instead of having cool ability like the ripple, star platinum, Crazy Diamond, Golden Experience or Stone Free, he can shoot nails. ****ing NAILS.
JoJo has always had strange powers.
Part 1
-Someone that uses his hair to fight.
-Attacking vampire head.

Part 2
-Bubbles, enough said.
-Robot Nazi. wth?

Part 3
-A dog was a main character.
-Joseph's stand was a vine and he could take pictures of people far away by destroying a camera.
-A Orangutan with a stand that was a Cargo Ship
-a baby that killed people in their dreams
-a stand that could only attack someone when there is a reflection of them nearby and pull someone into a mirror world.
-a car stand
-Mist that can control people.

Part 4
-Healing, as an attack.
-being able to read people like a book by literally turning pages on someones body.

Part 5
-Giving life, as an attack.
-Zippers anywhere.
-Ability to make anything soft.
-A room inside a key placed on the top of a live turtles shell.

Part 6
-Strings
-Plankton
-A sticker that makes a double of anything it is on and causes damage when taken off.
-Meteors
-Turning people into snails
-Disks

Nails isn't too surprising when someone has been able to use healing as an attack, no doubt this JoJo will do strange and just plain WTF stuff with this stand.

Atleast Kishimoto still has good ideas :/
And Kishimoto having good ideas? Still?
When has he ever had good ideas for his characters? :confused:

kr3wman

Smash Master
JoJo has always had strange powers.
Part 1
-Someone that uses his hair to fight.
-Attacking vampire head.

Part 2
-Bubbles, enough said.
-Robot Nazi. wth?

Part 3
-A dog was a main character.
-Joseph's stand was a vine and he could take pictures of people far away by destroying a camera.
-A Orangutan with a stand that was a Cargo Ship
-a baby that killed people in their dreams
-a stand that could only attack someone when there is a reflection of them nearby and pull someone into a mirror world.
-a car stand
-Mist that can control people.

Part 4
-Healing, as an attack.
-being able to read people like a book by literally turning pages on someones body.

Part 5
-Giving life, as an attack.
-Zippers anywhere.
-Ability to make anything soft.
-A room inside a key placed on the top of a live turtles shell.

Part 6
-Strings
-Plankton
-A sticker that makes a double of anything it is on and causes damage when taken off.
-Meteors
-Turning people into snails
-Disks

Nails isn't too surprising when someone has been able to use healing as an attack, no doubt this JoJo will do strange and just plain WTF stuff with this stand.
I knew someone would come out and say this.

HOWEVER, there is one thing that is missing in your argument.

All of the stuff you cited, baring some, are awesome. The Hermit? Awesome. Death 13? awesome. Robot Nazi? ****ing awesome. Iggy? Awesome. Rohan? Awesome.

Throwing spinning-at-high-speed balls? Cool. Turning into a dinosaur? Ok, but totally ruins the character. Making hooks come out of living things? ... , Touching stuff puts on a timer that makes them explode? Killer Queen would be ashamed. Transfering your body parts into a rope? Ok, controlling magnetism? Wait, wasn't that in the third part?

I'm not complaining about the plot or anything (Although the art now is REALLY bland compared to the first 3 parts), Having a combination of abilities that are ranging from bad to slightly cool and comparing those to the other parts makes it obvious that Hirohiko is clearly falling in terms of originality.

But shooting nails? wtf.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I knew someone would come out and say this.

HOWEVER, there is one thing that is missing in your argument.

All of the stuff you cited, baring some, are awesome. The Hermit? Awesome. Death 13? awesome. Robot Nazi? ****ing awesome. Iggy? Awesome. Rohan? Awesome.

Throwing spinning-at-high-speed balls? Cool. Turning into a dinosaur? Ok, but totally ruins the character. Making hooks come out of living things? ... , Touching stuff puts on a timer that makes them explode? Killer Queen would be ashamed. Transfering your body parts into a rope? Ok, controlling magnetism? Wait, wasn't that in the third part?

I'm not complaining about the plot or anything (Although the art now is REALLY bland compared to the first 3 parts), Having a combination of abilities that are ranging from bad to slightly cool and comparing those to the other parts makes it obvious that Hirohiko is clearly falling in terms of originality.

But shooting nails? wtf.
Yes, many of what I mentioned are awesome.
Almost everything in Part 2, 3 and 5 are pure win. Rohan was one of the few high points of Part 4.

The series has been running since 1987 and ever since Part 3 he has had to make a new power pretty much every fight arc, not everything is going to be great.

I have no problem with shooting nails, probably because Johnny doesn't feel as important as Gyro does to Steel Ball Run to me. Nether of their abilities really stand out as JoJo's characters to me though.
I don't think turning into a dinosaur ruins Dio's character though, Diego and Dio are not the same people, people that expect Dio from Diego are just going to be disappointed.

Changing quality in JoJo's art is not something I'm going to try and discuss, Hirohiko's art already makes Oda's look normal. >_>

Still, a main character shooting their nails is better then anything Kishimoto has given us.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Someone help me cope with
Hinata's death

;_;

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I don't know, that's kind of pushing it.:laugh:
I'd love to think that would be true but knowing that Johnny will be able to do so much more with this one ability in almost every arc then Naruto has done with his four-ish the whole series makes me believe otherwise. >_>

Johnny can't even walk and he does more then Naruto. :laugh:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'd love to think that would be true but knowing that Johnny will be able to do so much more with this one ability in almost every arc then Naruto has done with his four-ish the whole series makes me believe otherwise. >_>

Johnny can't even walk and he does more then Naruto. :laugh:
Oh.

If you were referring to Naruto the character, that's definitely true. I though you were comparing nails to every character in the series.

Stuff like the Byakugan's cool.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Oh.

If you were referring to Naruto the character, that's definitely true. I though you were comparing nails to every character in the series.

Stuff like the Byakugan's cool.
There are some interesting abilities in the Naruto series but Kishimoto never takes it anywhere.

Sharingan has gone out of control, it's annoying just knowing it exists still.

Byakugan is held by a clan who has only had about four members shown, only two have had fights.
All of Orochimaru's curse users are little more then cannon fodder, all of the ones with names are ether dead, with Sasuke and thus getting overshadowed by Sasuke, or is a Naruto female and will thus never do anything important(Anko.)
Bloodline powers pretty much don't exist now, Kishimoto could do a lot with them but he's too obsessed with Sasuke and the Sharingan.
Summonings are rarely used and are rarely useful.

Stuff is there to have good powers but it's never used, if it is then it ends up being little more then a gimmick for a character that will ether never do anything again or will die.

Ah.
I think I'm getting a little out of hand with everything, it's starting to turn into bashing. >_>
Well, take it for what you will.

Genome Squirrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DarkCoffee
looks as if only narusasu and narusaku are left. shame they killed a good character when perfectly expendable characters like tenten, sai, and anko are still alive.

Genome Squirrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DarkCoffee
the series only had 5/6 good characters, now about half of them dead. they won't keep adding more and reviving the dead like in dbz. meh, this manga would have worked better as a shojo anyhow, at least after the first arc.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Yes, many of what I mentioned are awesome.
Almost everything in Part 2, 3 and 5 are pure win. Rohan was one of the few high points of Part 4.

The series has been running since 1987 and ever since Part 3 he has had to make a new power pretty much every fight arc, not everything is going to be great.

I have no problem with shooting nails, probably because Johnny doesn't feel as important as Gyro does to Steel Ball Run to me. Nether of their abilities really stand out as JoJo's characters to me though.
I don't think turning into a dinosaur ruins Dio's character though, Diego and Dio are not the same people, people that expect Dio from Diego are just going to be disappointed.

Changing quality in JoJo's art is not something I'm going to try and discuss, Hirohiko's art already makes Oda's look normal. >_>

Still, a main character shooting their nails is better then anything Kishimoto has given us.
I know, but, you know :dizzy:

I like JJBA, I was just really pissed
when Jotaro died. I was pissed at the plot-induced stupidity and the fact that it ended like that just because he had to protect her and that she died anyway... And then everybody gets revived but with different names and I just go 'wtf'
It's like he ruined everything just when everything got good. The C-Moon/Stairway to Heaven fight was the highlight of the 6th part and it just... crashes down into a huge plothole. I really wonder what he was smoking at the time. I also hate the fact that, after part 4, almost every face design looks almost completely the same. Same eyes, same nose, the hair looks like golden ribbons and stuff, while part 3 had huge diversity and uber-character design.

blah, I'm just ranting. OT,

You guys remember this?

:D Kishimoto is just pulling that.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
The Eva level ending to Part 6 was strange to say the least.
I find it better to just accept what happens in JoJo's though, trying to put too much thought into why some things happen in it might just be more devastating to ones head then any mindscrew out there. >_>

And yeah, I don't pay much attention to the art in JoJo's so I can't say I agree or disagree with you on that on. <_<

Yeah but Rurouni Kenshin is much better then Naruto...
crap, I'm doing it again. I need to stop bashing Naruto in its own topic. =_=

And it just does not make since for Pein to do that, though Rurouni Kenshin had to use some BS to get by with that part.
I still think it would be stupid and out of character for Pein to do that.

Genome Squirrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DarkCoffee
so any guess what going happen when sasuke returns to konoha to destroy it only to find it in ruins, it does make his assassination attempt more plausible

kr3wman

Smash Master
Why? He wants to crush Naruto's spirit so that the kyuubi comes out, and killing someone who just said 'I love you' is a pretty good way to do that'
It just reminded me of that part in Kenshin.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Why? He wants to crush Naruto's spirit so that the kyuubi comes out, and killing someone who just said 'I love you' is a pretty good way to do that'
It just reminded me of that part in Kenshin.
You mean me right?
I meant to say that it would be stupid if Pein lets Hinata live like how Enishi let Kaoru live, though obviously faking the death would be more Kuwabara's fake death by younger Toguro then Kaoru's faked body. >_>

Sorry, I just got done discussing the faked death thing somewhere else and I applied it to your post for obvious reasons.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Probably. Blah,
I'm just hoping all of dem ninjas didn't really die... ugh I think I'm crying... manly tears, of course.

Top Bottom