• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Naruto

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I seem to find a discontinuity with Kabuto's statement regarding the Fourth, the backstory, and Orochimaru fighting the Third. If the Fourth had indeed sealed his soul away - which we all know he did now - then why did Orochimaru try to summon him regardless? Was it because he did not know about it, or was the third coffin containing someone other than the Fourth?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Good chapter, and I agree with Terywj, when reading Kabuto's reasoning, I thought it clashed with something earlier that did not make sense. That may have been it.

Anyways, did anyone think SSJ on that first panel where they showed Naruto trying to control that attack? rofl.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I seem to find a discontinuity with Kabuto's statement regarding the Fourth, the backstory, and Orochimaru fighting the Third. If the Fourth had indeed sealed his soul away - which we all know he did now - then why did Orochimaru try to summon him regardless? Was it because he did not know about it, or was the third coffin containing someone other than the Fourth?
Going off on that, Kabuto later stated Orochimaru perfected Edo Tensei, which still proves discontinuity with the posts reiterated before. Hmm.

Thino

Smash Master
I thought of SSJ since the first time Ive seen Naruto with Kyuubis chakra around him

anyway , yea I agree with everyone that he doesnt make too much sense that Orochimaru would overlook such an important detail while using this technique against the 3rd hokage

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I considered it as, since the 4th wasn't revived, Orochimaru concluded that the 4th had sealed his soul away.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Going off on that, Kabuto later stated Orochimaru perfected Edo Tensei, which still proves discontinuity with the posts reiterated before. Hmm.
I was about to say both these things but you caught them already. I'm too slow. :(

I agree that it could be either what Minato said or that it's someone else. And maybe that someone else is who madara is scared of. I'm kinda tempted to go back and reread the fight between Oro and the 3rd.

I think that when Kabuto said he perfected it he meant that he improved it. I'm not sure if it's a mistranslation from before or right now.

Also I would like to take a moment to say, HA I told you so!!! To all those dumb fan boys who thought it was Jirayia that was in the hidden coffin.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I considered it as, since the 4th wasn't revived, Orochimaru concluded that the 4th had sealed his soul away.
During Orochimaru's fight against the Third, the three coffins from Edo Tensei were labeled "Ichi", "Ni", and "Yon". However, the Third took note of this and used Shadow Clone Shuriken (I think) and prevented the third coffin from rising. Orochimaru voiced his disappointment and praised the Third's skills directly after, so I doubt Orochimaru would have known. Because again, why would you bother using Edo Tensei on the Fourth when he has already sealed his soul away.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
maybe is was all a mind game played by orochimaru! He raised 3 coffins but only two of them had someone in it and the 3rd coffin would be labelled as the most dangerous but had nothing in it so the 3rd stopped THAT coffin instead of the other two!.

And yeah it was shadow clone shuriken although I dont know how that would stop a summon

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
maybe is was all a mind game played by orochimaru! He raised 3 coffins but only two of them had someone in it and the 3rd coffin would be labelled as the most dangerous but had nothing in it so the 3rd stopped THAT coffin instead of the other two!.

And yeah it was shadow clone shuriken although I dont know how that would stop a summon
Lol. Shadow Clone Shuriken is pretty hardcore, Gaara. Stops wood easily. XD

majora_787

Smash Hero
Despite it sounding cheap at this point, at least I know why Hidan was never revived. He's probably long dead, but it's not like his DNA is available.

I was wondering when an excuse for that would pop up. But seriously, I think a few too many people are back on the antagonistic side right now.

majora_787

Smash Hero
How many people even got revived, anyway?

I counted 5 akatsuki membets, 6 hosts, Zabuza and Haku, and like 3 other people I don't remember.

Seriously, this is turning into a Bleach level of cheap. All we need is for Madara to change forms every time he dies.

EDIT: 28 characters, 4 of which haven't even shown up before.

This is ridiculous. And not in a good way.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Deidara, Sasori, Itachi, Kakuzu, Nagato, Ichibii, Nibii, Yonbii, Gobii, Rokubii, Nanabii, Zabuza, Haku, Asuma, Chiyo, Hizashi, Dan, Chuukichi, Shin, a Raikage, a Kazekage, a Mizukage, Hanzo, Kimimaro, ???, ???, and a whole lotta Zetsu.

I'm surprised that Konan, Kisame, and Yahiko aren't on the list.

Edit - Ninja'd.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Deidara, Sasori, Itachi, Kakuzu, Nagato, Ichibii, Nibii, Yonbii, Gobii, Rokubii, Nanabii, Zabuza, Haku, Asuma, Chiyo, Hizashi, Dan, Chuukichi, Shin, a Raikage, a Kazekage, a Mizukage, Hanzo, Kimimaro, ???, ???, and a whole lotta Zetsu.

Edit - Ninja'd.
Welllllll...

I forgot exactly what happened with Konan, but Kisame was eaten by sharks. And Yahiko is complicated. His body is the Deva Path, it's been manipulated by Nagato to the point where I dunno if it would work.

Also, that's funny. :p

Gaara♥

Smash Master
I would like to take time and say that BLEACH SUCKS

Also did kabuto absorb Anko or did he just put her away in his coat lol

majora_787

Smash Hero
I would like to take time and say that BLEACH SUCKS

Also did kabuto absorb Anko or did he just put her away in his coat lol
Uhm... I'm pretty sure he just stuck her under his coat. Which is hilarious, he's really starting to act like Orochi. xD Only, you know, with women.
moving on

After reading these few chapters, things are really just getting so *ugh, really??*

I mean, the Rasengan happens to be the solution to not being able to learn the tailed beast thing? Of course, what a coincidence. And now, everyone and their third cousin twice removed is being revived.

But I just wanted to note something about what Haku and Zabuza said in the translated version I read. One of them asked where they were, and the other said it didn't look like the afterlife. That statement has surprising implications. Just saying.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect

Edit - Ninja'd.
Konan and Yahiko were hiden in an underground temple remember? Nagato's blood was probably somewhere near Konoha.

But I just wanted to note something about what Haku and Zabuza said in the translated version I read. One of them asked where they were, and the other said it didn't look like the afterlife. That statement has surprising implications. Just saying.
It should be taken as a grain of salt.

D

Deleted member

This may mean that Anko is not dead.
After all, if she was dead, wouldn't he dispose of the body so he can use the Edo Tensei on her?

D

Deleted member

Well, I haven't read that chapter yet, but I suspected as much. I figured Kabutochimaru would be able to use Anko due to her connection to Orochimaru.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
How the **** did Kabuto get to Asuma and Chiyo's bodies? Did he infiltrate in both Konoha and Sunagakure?

:052:
Remember that Kabuto can use DNA obtained from the blood on the weapons that killed a person, so in Asuma's case Kabuto used the scythe and blade from Hidan.

Chiyo however, I got no clue.

D

Deleted member

She has a grave, doesn't she?

Also, I read the chapter; seems there's some tension between the two main villains...

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Chances are it will be Kabuto. Neither of the two wish to resort to their trump card, in Kabuto's case it's the figure in "that" coffin, while for Madara it's his Rinnegan.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ka-booh-toe
na-rooh-toe
ma-dah-ra

let's pronounce this **** wrong all day.

i think kabuto lied about
no risk

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
i think kabuto lied about
no risk
I actually doubt that. Orochimaru handled the use of the Shodaime and Nidaime very efficiently, and he was still sick then. Kabuto not only has Orochimaru's chakra, but has been more used to such high level usages.

I think there's a serious flaw that can be manipulated, but not a "user risk" at present. But maybe that's just me.

D

Deleted member

Perhaps a weakness that neither Kabuto nor Orochimaru were aware about?

majora_787

Smash Hero
Of course. If there's not a user risk, there's going to be some sort of fatal flaw that could make the user dead.

Sort of like how Deva Pain could be effectively invincible because of gravity manipulation except for that...what... five-second-long interval between pushing and pulling.

And if Kabuto can scrape DNA from Hidan's weapons, why can't Hidan be revived? I mean, seriously. There's probably more of his own DNA on his weapons than Asuma's. But Chiyo makes sense, considering Sasori or her grave could have been raided for DNA.

And I know that statement should be looked at carefully, it's just that the implications of the way it was phrased were a little surprising.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
And if Kabuto can scrape DNA from Hidan's weapons, why can't Hidan be revived? I mean, seriously. There's probably more of his own DNA on his weapons than Asuma's. But Chiyo makes sense, considering Sasori or her grave could have been raided for DNA.
*facepalm.*

HIDAN. ISN'T. DEAD.

He was (literally) buried alive.

Smooth Criminal

majora_787

Smash Hero
*facepalm.*

HIDAN. ISN'T. DEAD.

He was (literally) buried alive.

Smooth Criminal
He was dying since he was buried down there, OFFICIAL STATEMENT. He probably is dead, but even if he isn't, his DNA isn't available to revive him. The whole being buried in a crater deal.

Top Bottom