• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Naruto Shippuden: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Does anyone here play that? It's a fun fighting game series. It's no Tekken or Virtua Fighter but it has some good stuff.

Pi

Smash Hero
Does anyone here play that? It's a fun fighting game series. It's no Tekken or Virtua Fighter but it has some good stuff.
I have #2
Is whether or not you attack someone in the air/end up behind them/get dodged random or what?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
the boxes help with comboing.

I'm too good at this ****ty game, because if I ever want to practice my Guilty Gear and Melee on my little brother (who is surprisingly decent and smart player) I have to play this or an FPS first, and **** FPSes. I main who ever is top tier in the game, and play gay as ****. I will MM anyone at Pound 4 on this.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
I have #2
Is whether or not you attack someone in the air/end up behind them/get dodged random or what?
I'm not sure I understand what you're asking...

i think the cube ones were better
3 and 4 mainly
no boxes
no stage transitions
You can turn off obstacles and stage transitions.

I played GNT3 and 4 a LOT.

The new ones, not so much.
You should definitely check it out. Some of the competitive GNT4 player actually got to play-test and suggest balancing changes to TOMY during towards the end of the game's development. And this definitely have a "GNT4" feel to it.

the boxes help with comboing.

I'm too good at this ****ty game, because if I ever want to practice my Guilty Gear and Melee on my little brother (who is surprisingly decent and smart player) I have to play this or an FPS first, and **** FPSes. I main who ever is top tier in the game, and play gay as ****. I will MM anyone at Pound 4 on this.
Obstacles and stage transition aren't used in tournament play. If you believe that you have a good amount of skill at this game, there are tournaments in Florida if that is where you live or if you are willing to travel.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I was not aware that you could turn that stuff off. Next time me and my brother play, its going off.
Wow, I had no idea there were tournaments for this game. I live in Virgina btw. Is there a forum so I can read up on the matchups and ****?

Pi

Smash Hero
Well if you've played 2 I know it happens in there
but like
you know how some stages have boundaries and you can knock your opponents out of them, and you get a lil cut scene, and in the cut scene one of four things happens, nothing, you tele behind your opponent, you hit your opponent, or he dodges your hit.

how is it determined

Galeon

Smash Ace
Well if you've played 2 I know it happens in there
but like
you know how some stages have boundaries and you can knock your opponents out of them, and you get a lil cut scene, and in the cut scene one of four things happens, nothing, you tele behind your opponent, you hit your opponent, or he dodges your hit.

how is it determined
You choose A, B, L or R. Whoever got sent into the transition has to guess the right button to counter it. A and B are the attacking options which will add a nice chunk of damage to finish a combo or get a free hit on someone who has enough chakra to teleport while L and R are the options to make the opponent bounce for a combo attempt. Seeing as both the hit and bounce option have 2 possible inputs, the person defending has to guess not only what you're going for but which button you went for it with. If they do guess right, you both land in a neutral position.

Pi

Smash Hero
You choose A, B, L or R. Whoever got sent into the transition has to guess the right button to counter it. A and B are the attacking options which will add a nice chunk of damage to finish a combo or get a free hit on someone who has enough chakra to teleport while L and R are the options to make the opponent bounce for a combo attempt. Seeing as both the hit and bounce option have 2 possible inputs, the person defending has to guess not only what you're going for but which button you went for it with. If they do guess right, you both land in a neutral position.
k thanks.
I play gara when I do play, the sand guy, I juss dtilt him and bounce him w/ sand

theAPExp

Smash Ace
i didn't know you could turn the stuff off either lol
that's actually the reason i quit playin em
that and i never got super serious with the game
i may have to go find a translation guide now

too bad kimi's not in it anymore : /
oh well
hope naruto or "kankuro and the ****ing puppet" are still beast

edit: does the camera randomly switch around like it's on crack still happen?

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
So I played this at my friends house and am truly glad that they added a character with similar moves to Haku.

I may be getting this. GNT4 was bomb.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
does he still have ridiculous combo damage and almost 0-deaths
Well, he never had ridiculous combo damage in any of the games and he still doesn't in this one. His explosive clone counter is back but the opponent can substitute after being so that Itachi can't do his 100% combos.

i didn't know you could turn the stuff off either lol
that's actually the reason i quit playin em
that and i never got super serious with the game
i may have to go find a translation guide now

too bad kimi's not in it anymore : /
oh well
hope naruto or "kankuro and the ****ing puppet" are still beast

edit: does the camera randomly switch around like it's on crack still happen?
I predict that both characters will be high or top tier once the meta-game evolves a bit more.

izzy24

Smash Ace
THIS........LOLOLOLOLOLOL :laugh:

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Is there a top tier yet?

Btw, I saw a bull **** tier list for Revolution 1 that had the wind girl labeled as the best charecter, and I was like, THIS IS NOT ITACHI?!?!?!?! or is there something about her I'm missing other than her ridiculious chip damage and her really good supers?

theAPExp

Smash Ace
i remember one of the best players back on the cube version was a temari player (wind girl, and i dunno if that's spelled right)
she was really good, but not the very top back then
different game is different though

nevershootme

Smash Master
temari was on the top tiers for one of the versions.

either way, CoN3 is that defined version that's succeeds GNT4 (as posted on willvolution from all the playtests and community responses from the developers), so it's deemed worth playing competitively

theAPExp

Smash Ace
i think the first one for wii, ex1 i think
just made me quit caring about the game
but my friend just informed me
that one of the naruto's at the bottom of a pile somewhere is ex3

but can anybody tell me if there's any major differences
between the japanese series and the english counterparts

edit: apparently j@p is censored

DC

Smash Cadet
Sorry Ruuku, C, anyone else... but this game is trash. It might even be worse than Brawl.

The only thing worse than DI in a fighting game is ****ing teleporting behind somebody whenever the **** you want. Who's **** idea was that?

Regardless, ask Benny or Snipa, I pick the guy with the gigantic tail and I'm undefeated. He's the only cool mother****er in that game.

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
Seen the vids, and I guess I forgot how easy it is to gain chakra in this game. I guess that's my only dislike for it, though I need to get it to try out Deidara and Komachi.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Wait wait wait, DC, you are playing a game where everyone can burst out of a combo at any time, and you are complaining about DI??? rofl.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Wait wait wait, DC, you are playing a game where everyone can burst out of a combo at any time, and you are complaining about DI??? rofl.
At the price of using up part of the bar that lets you do things. It takes half of a bar to substitute, I believe. Like Focus-Canceling in SFIV, it's great, but it uses up part of the meter.

I personally like the series. It's better than that ****ty bleach game they made.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Seen the vids, and I guess I forgot how easy it is to gain chakra in this game. I guess that's my only dislike for it, though I need to get it to try out Deidara and Komachi.
well that's why u have to play smart... there are combo strings that prevent your opponent from gaining chakra to escape. you can do a simple 1-2 poke and if they react you can just stop and turn around to punish.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
cool thread, I found this because the last topic posted in here made this thread appear in the regional zones section of last thread to be posted in. I have all the Clash of Ninja games (both on gamecube, and the 1st 2 on Wii). I don't own this game due to lack of money, gonna have to save up for this, and its cool to find a smashboards equivalent to this game (refering to http://www.willvolution.com/).

Tin Man

Smash Hero
So I played this at my friends house and am truly glad that they added a character with similar moves to Haku.

I may be getting this. GNT4 was bomb.
which character (u wont be spoiling it for me, I watched a youtube video of all the characters performing their special moves (I'm surprised with how many characters they included, didn't expect the revolution 2 characters to be back and didn't expect them to take characters from so far into the story))? I want Iruka, Zabuza, Haku, and Mizuki back!!!

and I would be very interested in playing this game competitively, always just played it for fun, I wonder what the advanced techs are like.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Is there a top tier yet?

Btw, I saw a bull **** tier list for Revolution 1 that had the wind girl labeled as the best charecter, and I was like, THIS IS NOT ITACHI?!?!?!?! or is there something about her I'm missing other than her ridiculious chip damage and her really good supers?
Temari had a number of reasons why she was top tier in GNT4. If you want details, ask and I'll explain.

i think the first one for wii, ex1 i think
just made me quit caring about the game
but my friend just informed me
that one of the naruto's at the bottom of a pile somewhere is ex3

but can anybody tell me if there's any major differences
between the japanese series and the english counterparts

edit: apparently j@p is censored
In the American games OTG is more like GNT4 so most characters can't get ridiculous damage. Itachi and Temari got the giant nerf bat. Back turned "unblockables" are gone. Wake up supers are harder to pull of because you can substitute from the ground for 50% chakra or you can do a get up attack. There's a lot of other differences but I can't think of all of them right now. lol

Sorry Ruuku, C, anyone else... but this game is trash. It might even be worse than Brawl.

The only thing worse than DI in a fighting game is ****ing teleporting behind somebody whenever the **** you want. Who's **** idea was that?

Regardless, ask Benny or Snipa, I pick the guy with the gigantic tail and I'm undefeated. He's the only cool mother****er in that game.
First of all, you can't substitute behind you opponent whenever you want as you need 75% chakra to do it. Characters with "free teleports" needs25% chakra to do them. The only completely free teleports are Sasuke's jump B and mid-string teleports.

Second, Hiruko's good but there's a number of characters that can pretty much poop on him for free.

If you watched the play-test/exhibition vids, most of them were using high damage settings.

which character (u wont be spoiling it for me, I watched a youtube video of all the characters performing their special moves (I'm surprised with how many characters they included, didn't expect the revolution 2 characters to be back and didn't expect them to take characters from so far into the story))? I want Iruka, Zabuza, Haku, and Mizuki back!!!

and I would be very interested in playing this game competitively, always just played it for fun, I wonder what the advanced techs are like.
Komachi has a jump A similar to Haku's.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Temari had a number of reasons why she was top tier in GNT4. If you want details, ask and I'll explain.
Yes, I would. I enjoy rapping the **** out of my brother and would like to know how to properly abuse her.

Top Bottom