• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Naruto Shippuden: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3

DC

Smash Cadet
Wait wait wait, DC, you are playing a game where everyone can burst out of a combo at any time, and you are complaining about DI??? rofl.
Not all combos are burstable my friend.

Coffee™

I need it....
Get at my Itachi and Sasuke (whenever I get around to unlocking him.) My Gaara, and Neji are also beasssssssst =]

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Yeah, and you were acting like DI is a horrible thing, while you play a game where you can burst out of a combo. An instant way out of the majority of combos, or a way that lets you escape very few combos, but at least makes it to where your opponent has to react after every hit, instead of going into autopilot mode. A burst is no different than what is in these Naurto games, except you have more opportunities to do so. Never the less, the option is there, and its the same option. Neither one is as bad as Mortal Kombat's C-C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!!! but neither one of them is comparable to DI, which gets you out of far less combos.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Get at my Itachi and Sasuke (whenever I get around to unlocking him.) My Gaara, and Neji are also beasssssssst =]
If I can find a ride to ZP on the 12th we need to play some games. Both Sasuke and Itachi got nerfed so you might not be too happy. Especially with Itachi. Gaara's one of my main characters and he definitely got some new good tricks and some broke stuff. Neji feels like a mix between his GNT4 and his EX3 versions.

DC

Smash Cadet
Yeah, and you were acting like DI is a horrible thing, while you play a game where you can burst out of a combo. An instant way out of the majority of combos, or a way that lets you escape very few combos, but at least makes it to where your opponent has to react after every hit, instead of going into autopilot mode. A burst is no different than what is in these Naurto games, except you have more opportunities to do so. Never the less, the option is there, and its the same option. Neither one is as bad as Mortal Kombat's C-C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!!! but neither one of them is comparable to DI, which gets you out of far less combos.
You know you can only burst once per round and you take double damage after you burst right?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
You know you can only burst once per round and you take double damage after you burst right?
and you know everyone *****ed and complained about how crappy an idea that is because it is right? Thus, they took that out. If you 'burst' at the wrong time in Naurto, you are going to get the **** beat out of you, and you are no longer anywhere near your super moves. Its not like its an unpunishable, non-negative effecting thing. Not that this game is anything worth high praise, but it still doesn't differ highly from the BB n GG system.

hiROI

Smash Lord
I actually read the title, and realized I was talking about a complete different game :

Not:

Is there a difference between the two?

DC

Smash Cadet
and you know everyone *****ed and complained about how crappy an idea that is because it is right? Thus, they took that out. If you 'burst' at the wrong time in Naurto, you are going to get the **** beat out of you, and you are no longer anywhere near your super moves. Its not like its an unpunishable, non-negative effecting thing. Not that this game is anything worth high praise, but it still doesn't differ highly from the BB n GG system.
And it still works the essentially same way in the new game, aside from the double damage. Don't you play Guilty Gear? I don't know if it works the same way in that game but you know you can react to someone burst, rapid cancel, guard and get a free punish? You can react to any burst except for Gold bursts. If someone's about to die and I predict their burst (of which I have done, many times) it's a free combo for me lol.

Naruto though? lol Who cares about meter. You like half meter from jabbing someone a few times. I played the bug guy, teleported behind someone midcombo, then they teleported behind me, then I teleported back behind them, then I spammed the A button and infinited them. Or at least that's what Snipa told me... he was stuck OTG because I kept hitting him with bugs. Then I supered him.

SPEAKING OF WHICH... supers? lmao. What an intense input for your super move.........

X BUTTON

Oh and don't get me wrong though. Like I said, I play the tail guy and I beat people who are supposed to be better than me by just mashing his tail attack lol. The game is nearly enjoyable... I guess. But **** if ever there was a game that was less fit for competitive gaming than Brawl it would be this game.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
You seriously aren't judging a game based on how hard it is to do a command when you play BB, are you? That's like if I were to complain about Marvel Versus Capcom being unbalanced while I played Smash.

DC

Smash Cadet
I'm not complaining about that, I never said it was bad, simply pointing it out because I thought it was hilarious...

"Hey [Snipa], how do I do my super?"
"X button"
"No, my super."
"...X button"

lol

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Ah, I get ya.

I do have my own personal gripes with this game though, some that have made me rage quit. The main one being the inability to instantly attack behind you. Hopefully they fixed that in this one. I mean, if you are going to give the opponent the ability to get behind someone, why NOT make it to where when I push attack in their direction I do an attack in that direction instead of jabbing the opposite way, when that **** gets abused is the only time I lose against my little brother.

Then there's the whole charging meter on both block and hit. that should be separate or only on hit, similar to SF4. Getting it on both is just too much.

Then there's the camera when you fight a puppet guy. I seriously hate that.

And the minor gripe I have is the ring out system. Its too easy to get a ring out sometimes, and if that wasn't a setup into your super, then it wouldn't be such a big deal, but in Revolution 1 getting a ring out to super is just too easy.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Naruto though? lol Who cares about meter. You like half meter from jabbing someone a few times.
You probably were playing with default settings.

Oh and don't get me wrong though. Like I said, I play the tail guy and I beat people who are supposed to be better than me by just mashing his tail attack lol.
So you were beating scrubs. Ain't nothing special here.

The game is nearly enjoyable... I guess. But **** if ever there was a game that was less fit for competitive gaming than Brawl it would be this game.
Anytime you're free to play some games with me, I can show you what makes this game competitive. It ain't Tekken or Virtua Fighter but you can definitely not win against any decent player just by "mashing tail attack".

The main one being the inability to instantly attack behind you. Hopefully they fixed that in this one. I mean, if you are going to give the opponent the ability to get behind someone, why NOT make it to where when I push attack in their direction I do an attack in that direction instead of jabbing the opposite way, when that **** gets abused is the only time I lose against my little brother.
You can always bait substitutions and teleports to punish. If you really wanna just straight up attack someone that is trying to get behind you, you can try to go into paper bomb stance to turn around faster.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Is there a difference between the two?
Same engine but the character roster is a bit different. Some characters have new/different moves (in the US game). For now the US game feels much more balanced with much less emphasis on OTG and a bunch of other fixes.

DC

Smash Cadet
LOL Ruuku I'll destroy you in this game. My tail guy vs. your anybody.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
LOL Ruuku I'll destroy you in this game. My tail guy vs. your anybody
You're probably right though. I should be able to beat your tail guy using anybody. Especially if you like to mash his tail attacks. lol How long have you been playing this game series?

DC

Smash Cadet
SOUNDS LIKE A CHALLENGE TO ME!

Prepare yourself.

lmao

DC

Smash Cadet
That guy he's holding with his tail is gonna be you homie

Btw I've played this game like 3 times.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
But he's holding a puppet, not a guy! It's some puppet on puppet stuff. Also, If you've only played three times, I don't wanna take your money. >_> I wouldn't mind taking your money in Blazblue though.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I guess he should change the picture into V-13 holding a sword.

How are the tiers shaping up in this game btw?
/I am not a tier ***** but a griefer

DC

Smash Cadet
LOL okay I admit I was joking about the Naruto MM

But if you really wanna get ****ted on in Blazblue I would be glad to. Don't you ever see me on Xbox Live? That's the only game I ever play lol

lolwut

Ruuku

Smash Lord

How are the tiers shaping up in this game btw?
/I am not a tier ***** but a griefer
Well, there hasn't been any serious tournaments yet but here's the link to the tier list discussion on Willvolution:

http://www.willvolution.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8480

If you do want my current opinion I can post that as well.

LOL okay I admit I was joking about the Naruto MM

But if you really wanna get ****ted on in Blazblue I would be glad to. Don't you ever see me on Xbox Live? That's the only game I ever play lol

lolwut
Naw, dawg. I was just messing with ya. I know you're good at the game and I do see that you're playing on XBL all the time lol. Me? I've played the game like twice. LOL

DC

Smash Cadet
Naw, dawg. I was just messing with ya. I know you're good at the game and I do see that you're playing on XBL all the time lol. Me? I've played the game like twice. LOL
lol **** falling for my own tricks

Also testing new signature...

Coffee™

I need it....
If I can find a ride to ZP on the 12th we need to play some games. Both Sasuke and Itachi got nerfed so you might not be too happy. Especially with Itachi. Gaara's one of my main characters and he definitely got some new good tricks and some broke stuff. Neji feels like a mix between his GNT4 and his EX3 versions.
Itachi got nerfed yeh from what I've seen but it's not too bad. His J.A annoys me now but overall he's a lot better than he was in EX3. Sasuke Idk, I haven't unlocked him yet but from what I've seen he plays a lot like his Ex3 counterpart. Gaara got buffed and is pretty amazing and Neji imo feels almost exactly like his GNT4 version albeit his normal A.

Who are the top 5 in the game in your opinion / current tier list?

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Itachi got nerfed yeh from what I've seen but it's not too bad. His J.A annoys me now but overall he's a lot better than he was in EX3. Sasuke Idk, I haven't unlocked him yet but from what I've seen he plays a lot like his Ex3 counterpart. Gaara got buffed and is pretty amazing and Neji imo feels almost exactly like his GNT4 version albeit his normal A.

Who are the top 5 in the game in your opinion / current tier list?
I'm missing a ton of matchup experience for this game but I have a little idea based on movesets and experience with previous games.

In no particular order:

Naruto
Kiba
Hiruko
Kankuro
Chouji

Now, this is only because you asked for 5 but there's about 8 other characters that I could see moving up and I can see some of these 5 moving down. I do need quite a bit more experience against the good people I used to play with though.

Here's the link to the tier list discussion on Willvolution:

http://www.willvolution.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8480

DC

Smash Cadet
lmao out of curiosity I watched some of the CoNR3 videos that Gimpyfish uploaded. Same crap. You get meter for EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING. Block attacks? A quarter of meter. Land a combo? Half meter.

WHIFF ATTACKS? HERE'S SOME MOTHER****ING METER.

lmao Ridiculous. Getting comboed? I'm behind now you mother****er! Oh wait now you're behind me.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
That where you gotta bait people so they substitute then you punish. Good players will hold out on substitutions since they know that doing it at the wrong time will get them owned. I think I have a vid I made a while back that showed just that.

Edit: here's the vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r14H6n-M43U

DC

Smash Cadet
Yeah but there's really no indication that someone is going to teleport behind you. Idk what the hell is going on in that video lol, but I know that if you start guessing when I'm going to teleport then I'll start teleporting at different times.

But again let me stress that I'm not telling you to not play this game. If you enjoy it feel free to continue.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Yeah but there's really no indication that someone is going to teleport behind you.
There are visual indications (your opponent's chakra bar, your opponent disappearing...) which let you know that.

Idk what the hell is going on in that video lol, but I know that if you start guessing when I'm going to teleport then I'll start teleporting at different times.
What you've just described is called mixing up. And there are things that can be done so that even if I can't punish your substitution, I can still be safe at least. The video I posted just shows some of they ways Itachi has to counter substitutions (anti-knj).

But again let me stress that I'm not telling you to not play this game. If you enjoy it feel free to continue.
I understand that well. It would just be sad for someone not to play the game because of a misunderstanding. The game still needs quite a bit of balancing fixes but I find it pretty fun.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Well, I never really played Itachi in any of the games but I can tell yo for a fact that they all of his tools were either taken out of nerfed.

KENYU

Smash Apprentice
I have this game and played semi-seriously for the first few days and stopped for some reason. But why is Kankuro so high on the tier list? Sasuke was top of the list when I played lol.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
I have this game and played semi-seriously for the first few days and stopped for some reason. But why is Kankuro so high on the tier list? Sasuke was top of the list when I played lol.
Sasuke was on top of what list? Please don't say GameFAQs. Kankuro has awesome spacing game, one of the best supers in the game, and some setups that can't be blocked. His puppets also screw up camera angles which can confuse the opponent.

Top Bottom