• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mystery Dungeon--The PT Interview Thread: TYPH

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Your new title wouldn't happen to be referring to the Naruto battle music called "Beautiful Green Beast," would it? :p

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
Hey Kith, how awesome are we in Florida?

and can you quick your job so you could go to more tourneys?

how much does your control setup effect the other pokemon you play. i know its an advantage for squirtle but does it maybe slow you down with others?

Kith

Smash Ace
Hey Kith, how awesome are we in Florida?

and can you quick your job so you could go to more tourneys?

how much does your control setup effect the other pokemon you play. i know its an advantage for squirtle but does it maybe slow you down with others?
We're pretty bad-*** here in FL lol. It's really great having the chance to play so many good players every day. It helps a lot.

Even though going to more tournies would be awesome, I got a pretty sweet gig working for Apple, so I'll have to say no :-P. Howweever, I am officially unavailable to work on Saturdays, so I've been attending like every tourny that pops up on Saturdays.

Really, my control setup doesn't affect my other pokemon much. I've never used L. I used to set L to attack just to discourage people from using my tag lol, but setting L to jump just seemed like it helps me. Y to grab is just convenient for me, and that's regardless of which pokemon.

T-block

B2B TST
What's your favourite matchup and why?
What's your least favourite matchup and why?
What is PT's worst matchup in your opinion?
What is your favourite stage to CP to, if the matchup doesn't strongly call for a specific stage?
Is there one move, sequence of moves, or specific tactic that you think other PTs should be doing more?
Everyone's talking about the recent tournament in Florida with Ness and Yoshi in the top 8...when are we gonna see PT up there? =P

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
How many compliments do you get on your controller?

Has any paint rubbed off of your controller yet?

What are all the ranked FL players you've played?

Kith

Smash Ace
What is your favourite stage to CP to, if the matchup doesn't strongly call for a specific stage?
Is there one move, sequence of moves, or specific tactic that you think other PTs should be doing more?
Everyone's talking about the recent tournament in Florida with Ness and Yoshi in the top 8...when are we gonna see PT up there? =P
My favorite match up would have to be vs. Snake. I'm definitely not saying it's Pokemon Trainer's best match up lol, but it's a match up where you definitely know if you're playing right or wrong. I find Snake to be SO easy to predict when he's on the ledge or heading to the ground, so if you're patient enough, it can be fun.

My least favorite match up is Ice Climbers. I hate the way every character is forced to play against them. I hate playing run-away so much in a single match, and 1 mistake = 1 stock.

It would have to be either Rainbow Cruise or Smashville lol. Smashville always reminds me to switch, because of that big moving platform. Squirtle just has so much fun on Rainbow Cruise lol. I've managed to f-tilt people into walls and start jab locks that way quite a few times there in tourny.

One more or sequence of moves...I really think people should practice their hydrojabs more. I'm not suggesting that we ALWAYS hydrojab, but I really think it's a great mindgame, and anything that helps Squirtle's metagame should be implemented. Also, next tourny, I'ma try being campy as hell, and finally switch to Ivy for the kill. We need to become confident in all our pokemanz, not just Squirtle.

And about that tournament, Shaky is a beast lol. I don't play him as much as I could/should, but I'm definitely going to start. Don't worry, soon PT will take a tourny down here ;-)

How many compliments do you get on your controller?

Has any paint rubbed off of your controller yet?

What are all the ranked FL players you've played?
Every match usually starts with a "Nice controller" compliment lol. The paint just started to come off a little bit :-\, but not much, so it's still nice.

Wow...ok let's see.
-Chaz (Marth) lives 2 minutes from my house
-Seibrik (DDD, MK) doesn't, but he goes to FIU, and almost every tourny I go to.
-Nick Riddle (Zero Suit) is in the same boat as Seibrik
-I don't play Esam (Pikachu) as much as I play Nick Riddle, but they're brothers, so they usually head to tournaments together
-GDX (diddy kong) I don't play nearly as much as everyone else on this list, which can explain my match-up inexperience with diddy kong lol

I think that's about all the Power Ranked players I play here, but there are a TON of other great players in the Smash Scene down in South FL, so it's pretty nice :-)

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
how long did it take you to master all of the hydrorape? it seems like you are the best at the technique

Kith

Smash Ace
Gum gum? You a fan of One Piece, Kith? :D
I'm more of a fan of the One Piece Rap :-P

how long did it take you to master all of the hydrorape? it seems like you are the best at the technique
A few times a week, I'll just jump onto training mode and practice the stuff. I haven't mastered it though. I still mess up every now and then, but it's a great feeling being able to pull this stuff off and confuse people with your squirtle sliding :-P.

Why is your squirtle such a beast?
A combination of Vitamins, training mode, and getting my improper spacing punished by your IC stuff lol

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
What kind of vitamins do you take? Carbos? Protein? Calcium?

Kith

Smash Ace
Definitely Protein and Carbos...lotsa Carbos :-P...My Charizard doesn't like to share his Iron with Squirtle though -.-

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
What movie was your original Samuel L. avatar from?

And Kith, love the reference. :p

Cloudstealth

Smash Journeyman
What pokemon does your Girlfriend remind you of?

Also when are you gonna learn CPs?

And come over tomorrow and learn CPs I have no work.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
What are you studying at Full Sail? That was actually a school I was looking into for film.

T-block

B2B TST
birdy ^^

Kith

Smash Ace
What pokemon does your Girlfriend remind you of?

Also when are you gonna learn CPs?

And come over tomorrow and learn CPs I have no work.
lol I'm pretty sure that was directed at me o.O
But my interview is over, so I don't have to answer :-).

Mata, why do you like Charizard over Squirtle so much :-P. At least, I think you do right?

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
are you and kith rivals??
I don't think we are rivals, just 2 PT players trying to make him better. Its fun meeting up at tourneys and doing PT dittos and doubles. We have Florida covered for PTs, no one cares about north FL ha

What are you studying at Full Sail? That was actually a school I was looking into for film.
Im going for my BA in Computer Animation focusing in Digital Compositing. So that pretty much post production of films or anything of that media. Like color correction, green screen and seamlessly integrating film together. Its a lot of fun and if not for Fullsail i would suck balls at smash. Luckily there is a huge smash scene here I didn't know about :)
kinda busy right now working on my final projects for my demo reel. fun stuff but super busy.

WTF were you thinking with a name like MATABIRD??
ha well back in the day like 2000 or something, guessing it was 9th grade. I was on the wrestling team and one of the guys said I looked like a bird. So he took my last name (matis) and merged it with bird so thats where that came from. then people would randomly be like "Matabird use peck attack!" I would jump on them and headbutt them. I guess i was meant to play PT ha. But yeah it kinda stuck and just used it. I took out the bird for smash because around here just said mata.

birdy ^^

well...

favorite match up is MK, I really got acquainted fighting them and really understand them better. I love charizard vs mk. I usually play him super fast and can survive a good amount with him too. There are pretty much 2 kinds of MKs...really good kinds or just ****ty ones who people use people use because he's MK. Fighting those guys are fun

Least favorite is Diddy by far, its probably been like this for the past year. even though i recently grasped an understanding i still hate them. all the PT get up animations are horrible and and bananas can burn in hell.

I think charizards worst match up is diddy, squirtle is marth and ivy is MK. overall i think PT worst is Diddy. for the reason with get up animation. squirtle can keep up but its still tricky. usually both will survive a long time and squirtle will get tired making killing harder. ivy isn't bad but still can get gimped pretty eash, banana lock to the edge and down smash is usually a killer. its stupid razor leaf doesnt go knock bananas back. and charizard gets wrecked if diddys go crazy.

favorite stage to counter pick is Final D. I like the bigger stage, because it gives me a greater deal to survive. I really dont mind it with snake/ddd its all a matter of avoiding them.

move sequence would definitely be with charizard, bthrow, bthrow, short how nair, downtilt. looks sexy and good damage. also start of the fight bthrow, predict and rock smash. a lot of people sometimes spot dodge the get up when you run at them. Gliding back to the stage attacking and mixing it up im doing a lot more now.

lol I'm pretty sure that was directed at me o.O
But my interview is over, so I don't have to answer :-).

Mata, why do you like Charizard over Squirtle so much :-P. At least, I think you do right?
Hell yeah charizard all the way. I like him so much because he's ****ing ******. he's really strong and can survive a good amount. he has a lot of good attacks that lead into another. rocksmash is obvious. the jumps and recovery are all good. he's fast as hell if you play him right and it really throws people off. and beast air (dair) is godly. the one thing i'd change about him is his wimpy pivot grab. squirtles cool and all but let me tell you, Charizard has the best swim animation ever ha

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
You wanna be in animation? o.0 Mata, would be interested in working at Pixar with me? That would so cool. :D

Also, do you have any work published I can see?

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Two questions mata....

1. Do you consistently use Rock Smash counter attacks with zard......if so how much do you think it changes his viability overall.

And this one goes out to Kith a little also

2. Why are us East Coast PT's so few and far between, why cant we all get to a major tourny once and actually rep PT hard. I guess I'm a little by myself here because FL and GA aren't far apart but NY is real far from both GA and FL. So my real question is when will this civil war end and Northern PT's finally ally with Southern PT's? hahahaha

CoonTail

Smash Lord
We should all just settle our differences, pack up, and move to Australia lol
never heard truer words spoken the outback is the only place for real Pokemon trainer's. Haha but hey as of august ill be in New Zealand so I'll be pretty **** close!!

Vermy

Smash Champion
Outback? Lol nooooooo. South Australia Smash scene sucks. Melbourne and Sydney are where it's at. Come stop by in Australia, Ice ****. =D

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
You wanna be in animation? o.0 Mata, would be interested in working at Pixar with me? That would so cool. :D

Also, do you have any work published I can see?
I want to be in compositing :p animation is moving, i like doing the more special effects stuff. but pixar would be pretty sweet...even though i'd rather work for Digital Domain ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZU65sHCKtI thats something i did a couple months ago

Two questions mata....

1. Do you consistently use Rock Smash counter attacks with zard......if so how much do you think it changes his viability overall.

And this one goes out to Kith a little also

2. Why are us East Coast PT's so few and far between, why cant we all get to a major tourny once and actually rep PT hard. I guess I'm a little by myself here because FL and GA aren't far apart but NY is real far from both GA and FL. So my real question is when will this civil war end and Northern PT's finally ally with Southern PT's? hahahaha
whatever possible counter that will occur with it i'll use because usually you'll get a extra rocksmash out with it. It would definitely be a different match without out...probably not in his favor but depending on what the other move is.

haha well iceCoon I'm actually from Ohio :p so depending where I am I'll rep both ha. But yeah it would be cool to have a bunch of PTs at a tourney tearing it up. Or moving to Australia would be pretty cool. I know some Goldeneye players there ;)

QFT =D

Question for MaTa, what is your opinion on the Dedede matchup? Word is, it's getting as bad as Marth.
The hardest thing about DDD is killing him...he's the best overall weight+DI makes him live forever. Spacing is about as hard as marth but not just slower and have to avoid grabs for both. I think its easier to damage DDD because of the size. In my opinion I think he is harder...I havent fought many Marths but from experience I'd rather fight him the DDD.

Toneh

Smash Lord
Is there any matchups where you think to yourself, dam im busting out ivysaur first.

Are you moving away after full sail or staying in FL for a while? :cool:

If pokemon trainer became so good he was banned from tournaments, who else would you use?

If i considered maining diddy full time would you be excited?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Mata, your compositing is VERY professional-looking. My hat's off to you. Hmm...whaddaya think about sometime doing some compositing for a short film of mine?

And what do you like so much about Goldeneye?

Why is Goldeneye better than newer Bond console games?

Top Bottom