• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

my tourny vidz rate my marth

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
thxs i try
:laugh:
After watching the second vid, I noticed that at 2:44 you countered, but got KO'ed by Ace's F-Smash. Personally, I NEVER ever use Counter (and Shieldbreaker). But that's my opinion.

P.S. I can't believe that only 10 people or so have watched your vids. Your videos should have more views.

~Dogma~

Smash Rookie
yea i coulda beat that i guy
ive watched that vid over and over and i know ill beat him next time.
but i like b for its long range and counter, im not a big fan. but when i know its coming and i can KO with it i usually go for it.......except it didnt work that time :)

Brian612

Smash Rookie
Wow. You have a really fast marth :laugh:. I may not be a better marth than you but i could see a few obvious mistakes.

First of all you tended to spam a lot of fsmashes that missed and it resulted in you getting punished. You did this the worst in the match versus zelda where you spammed it alot other you probably could have won that extremely tight match.

Secondly you used a lot of nair but not too much fair. Fair should be the main weapon to your arsenal and it has a far wider range than nair so with the right spacing you may not have been punished while you had been quite a few times with your SH nair.

Lastly there was very little d-tilt and f-tilt to fend them off instead you were always on the offensive which is good, but sometimes you need a little bit of variation to avoid decay.

Well you played really well in all of those matches and your marth is just amazing despite a few improvements needed. :chuckle:

OMG. You nearly did the ken combo at 0:46 on your last video! Hahaha nice try!

Haha omg i just finished the last video and you did the ken combo...

Lol. NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :)

~Dogma~

Smash Rookie
thxs i appreciate and take into consideration.
your very right about my f smash spamming i get too happy with it.
and for some reason ive had a hard time with incorperating dtilts in my game.
and yea the ken combo just came from no where, it looked tho and it will definently go in my montage im makin.

but thxs a lot

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
Secondly you used a lot of nair but not too much fair. Fair should be the main weapon to your arsenal and it has a far wider range than nair so with the right spacing you may not have been punished while you had been quite a few times with your SH nair.

Lol. NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :)
True, I would like to see a bit more of F-Air but SH N-Air does more damage than F-Air.
As far as I'm concerned, Dogma is the only person who SHs N-Air out of ledge, which is very good. Much better than F-Air.

I loved the approach of N-Air, Side-B...brilliant! Do you use C-Stick for Dancing Flames?

P.S. I forgot to mention this after the second video, but on the last stock Dogma, you did a lot of Up-B. It's a good KO move, but I would have played safe and focused on tilts-It doesn't take much to knock Game and Watch over the stage, and when he (it) recovers, use your superior edgeguarding skills.

~Dogma~

Smash Rookie
hmmm i dont know why but i never thought of using ftilt as a KOing move against G&W...>.>

and no i use good ol b for my dancing blade

and a good G&W is extremly hard to edgeguard and gimp IMO

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You move very fast but seem to concentrate on a very limited set of approaches and followups. It may be due to your speed but you go into very set patterns that end up hurting you against people who take a little time to pay attention to what you're doing. While I'd never advise slowing down, I will have to ask that you try to put a little more thought in your actions, lest you continue to play yourself into a trap.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
You're the first person I've seen who uses dashdance into fB. Most people are too scared and ignore potential of it. (WAH! TRIPPING!)

Zelda and G&W did read you well though. Building on Ankoku said, you need a little more variety. Also, you could work a bit on your defense. I don't mean shielding and rolling, because powershielding is there. I mean playing on an opponent's offensive weaknesses. That what Zelda and G&W were doing to you for a while.

Good to see Youko got better since last time I fought him. (if that is the Youko the mod/podcaster)

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
A little faster than my Marth but yeah, you make good use of grabs and dancing blade spam punishing.

I would just not fsmash until they can be KO'd by it and use it rarely at that, fsmash really sucks lol. Also add more varied approaches and use some of your tilts more, up and forward. It not only allows you to be slightly less predictable but it will regenerate other moves a little.

Good Marth nonetheless.

~Dogma~

Smash Rookie
@shortfuse yes that was the moderator youku, lol so what u like 4 stocked him with 3 lives somehow!

hmmm well this is very........i saw this coming, im a really inexpereinced brawl player and just started to go to tournies recently.

Now i find that i still have a lot of work to do and i appreciate everyones help and i will try to satisfy everyones pointers until my next tourny vidz, or friendlz

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
@shortfuse yes that was the moderator youku, lol so what u like 4 stocked him with 3 lives somehow!

lulz. You don't want to know. He seriously keep trying to Falcon Punch and dAir me with TLink. ::facepalm::
But I guess this means you're in the MI area, so us WiFi battling could get laggy (though last time I played Youko it was a green connection, could have been the university).

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Like Ankoku said, you were extremely predictable. When i watched the zelda vid I knew pretty every move you were about to do. Zelda wins by punishing their opponents mistakes, and you made a ton. Fortunately for you because of his own stupid mistakes he lost.

Why are you approaching with double fair? Heck, why are you approaching with nair? Two terrible approach options right there.

When you played the wolf the only dancing blade variation you did was down. >_> The wolf player never caught on that you can DI out of it though, a better player will punish you for that.

Vs GW you never used up b out of shield, especially when his bair hit your shield. Add that to your repertoire.

~Dogma~

Smash Rookie
yup im in MI

so steel2nd what should i approach with?
shff fairs with dtilts
theres always DB

and i usually do a lot of up b out of shield idk what happend that match.......

and for some reason people just dont DI out of DB down b and i have played very good people

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
People who don't play on reflexes usually just hold up and toward expecting the sensible 4th hit side/up. 4th hit down doesn't even do more damage unless you only hit with it because of all the attack decay...

lol, didn't we play a bunch of matches on the recording TV? I hope JCav/JKBuK figure out how to get the vids all up soon.. >_>

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
just like to throw this out there. with shielding being different and the difficulty of dashing dancing ive found that dash dancing isnt very useful. originally dash dancing was used to bait a shield or dodge in melee because in those days such things were punishable. in brawl that is not the case. if you want to continue dash dancing i guess it may help sometimes but i think you'll find that it doesnt serve the purpose it use to.

now the only thing ive seen it do is scare randoms.

"OH NO HES MOVING REALLY FAST, THAT MEANS HES REALLY GOOD" hahaha try that in nyc.

~Dogma~

Smash Rookie
nah since u can f smash or DB right out of DDing i have found both useful, u DD right out of there most ranged attack and hopefully u wont trip they put up thier shield they waste it then u go in for a DB

and Ankoku i dont know, i know Jcav has the vidz hes just being Jcav

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
nah since u can f smash or DB right out of DDing i have found both useful, u DD right out of there most ranged attack and hopefully u wont trip they put up thier shield they waste it then u go in for a DB

and Ankoku i dont know, i know Jcav has the vidz hes just being Jcav
hah for a second i thought that only i thought what you just said was ******** so i decided to get a second opinion from everyones favorite marth master.

BigOsea2 (8:34:40 PM): real quick can you tell me if this makes sense
BigOsea2 (8:34:52 PM): this is a guy tryna tell me that dash dancing in brawl is useful
BigOsea2 (8:34:53 PM): nah since u can f smash or DB right out of DDing i have found both useful, u DD right out of there most ranged attack and hopefully u wont trip they put up thier shield they waste it then u go in for a DB
DrgSupergogeta (8:35:19 PM): oh..i put morons like that on ignore
BigOsea2 (8:35:27 PM): HAHA
BigOsea2 (8:35:36 PM): do you mind if i quote that?
DrgSupergogeta (8:35:43 PM): go for it

BigOsea2 = Me
DrgSuper... = Emblem Lord

VietGeek

Smash Hero

I wonder if VietGeek is on Emblem Lord's Ignore list.

The world may never know.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
If that's not a textbook example of being a condescending Marth elitist, I don't know what is.

Mindgames are "tricks" you play on your opponent. Whether you find a certain technique useful or not doesn't matter. It's how you use them. Not everyone has to play the exact same way and use the exact same techniques.

There is no one cookie cut way to play a character. Since Melee, most people I've played with my Marth say it's very unorthodox and weird (in the form of a compliment).

The best way to develop mindgames is through experience and practice. I find DD'ing extremely useful for tech chasing. It's not on the same level as useful as in Melee but I don't find it completely useless.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I stand by what I said.

DDing = useless.

It has nothing to do with elitism. DDing limits your options. Why would you WILLINGLY limit your own options?

Still, I shouldn't have called Dogma a moron. I apologize for that.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
(11:57:20 PM) Ankoku: I tried to dashdance today.
(11:57:32 PM) Ankoku: The game reminded me how much it hates me by making me trip on every third dash.
(11:57:50 PM) Emblem Lord: GG

JCav

Smash Lord
alright, i play dogma a lot (im the wolf in his vids) but do me a favor and tell him not to spot dodge all the time because hell listen to you guys

o and ankoku, i tried to post those vids a few times and i think they are in the wrong format...

Top Bottom