• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

my thoughts on the death of Osama

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Link to original post: [drupal=4289]my thoughts on the death of Osama[/drupal]

I am not talking about the glorification of his death, I am talking about the circumstances in which he has was killed.
Now lets compare this death to the death of Saddam Hussein. Saddam had a very public death, one where everyone saw him die. Osama is different, his was private. Even more, the death pictures of him were falsified and they are currently being pulled from the media. This all seems a little a strange to me. First the Government is running out of money and then the man whom we have been searching for for almost 10 years just ends up dead all of a sudden. Now why are we in the Middle East? A: for nothing that has been broadcasted. So here is my question. Why would we get rid of the bad guy? He served a good purpose.... as an excuse.
Is there another reason as to why he was killed? Could it be to allow American troops to leave now that they have finished their goal and thus saving us a **** load of money? Whatever reasons that are on the back burner, one message has been made clear to anyone and everyone. If you **** with America or her leaders, they will spend a life time tracking you down. Talk about a deterrent for enemies both foreign and domestic.

Either way one thing is for sure, something is going down.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Are you just realizing this stuff now?

Osama's death changes nothing. The problems aren't magically solved, and we will continue the slaughter.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
peeeeeeeeoooooooooooople neeeeeeeeeed toooo stooooooooooooop taaaaaaaaaaalking aabooooooouuuuut thiiiiiiiiiiiiis

saviorslegacy

Honestly, I think his death serves as catharsis for the American people more than anything.
So about like Hitlers death.......?
I would buy that. His death could serve as a moral booster for the American people. Like a message saying we are finally getting **** done. I dunno though, only time will tell.
peeeeeeeeoooooooooooople neeeeeeeeeed toooo stooooooooooooop taaaaaaaaaaalking aabooooooouuuuut thiiiiiiiiiiiiis
You're so right, we should instead we should talk about things that matter like Meta Knight, or a n00b starting out in Brawl and how he notices that Melee is more complex or about how Nintendo is coming out with a new system. :awesome:
I so wish I could incorporate facial expressions and tone into my posts.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
You're so right, we should instead we should talk about things that matter like Meta Knight, or a n00b starting out in Brawl and how he notices that Melee is more complex or about how Nintendo is coming out with a new system. :awesome:
All i got from this was "Yeah, User Blogs suck, so i'm just going to make it worse because in comparison my topic isn't that bad".

Airwalkerr

Smash Journeyman
The media seems to think his death will bring about the downfall of the Taliban. But, if I were a wanted criminal who had been fleeing the single most powerful nation in the world for 10 years, I would not have a multi million dollar organization depend SOLELY on me. I would train a successor, and keep him in a remote location away from me, so all is not lost with my death. Mark my words... This isn't over.

saviorslegacy

All i got from this was "Yeah, User Blogs suck, so i'm just going to make it worse because in comparison my topic isn't that bad".
My topic is a real world topic that is worth talking about or at least thinking about.
So why not discuss why it happened and what it could mean for our future?
The media seems to think his death will bring about the downfall of the Taliban. But, if I were a wanted criminal who had been fleeing the single most powerful nation in the world for 10 years, I would not have a multi million dollar organization depend SOLELY on me. I would train a successor, and keep him in a remote location away from me, so all is not lost with my death. Mark my words... This isn't over.
LMAO! I just saw an image in my mind as Osama being the emperor and having a padawan.

His name..... Ashole Kuizma..... master of Russian surplus and successor of Master Sphincter (aka... Osama).
See if that were the official reason, I'd gladly pay my taxes to support that effort.
lol, that just made my day.
Someone needs to teach Simba over in the White House that honesty is the best policy.

D

Deleted member

I wonder what'll be done with that property. It looks fairly nice for the Middle East, even if the home itself is a bit ugly. I would've thought Osama was in a random cave in the middle of a wasteland rather than a suburb.

Congrats to US forces, no casualties is always a plus!

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Lol Godsmith, there are properties that make houses in the West look like shanty shacks.

The wealth gap in middle eastern countries is massive, and the rich families are FILTHY rich, and their houses reflect this.

M@v

Subarashii!
Its ironic really, I just finished up a counter terrorism class today(what timing eh?), and here's how I look at it.

Firstoff, lets clear up he IS dead. Trust me on that one. I know people who know people in Delta Force(which technically doesn't exist by the way. shhhhhhhh).

They killed his *** for sure.

What are the ramifications? No, terrorism will not magically end now. Neither will Al Qai'da. What WILL happen, however, is that this will throw Al Qai'da into a disorganized mess for a while; its the equivalent of cutting the head off of the snake, but without the snake dying. This, combined with all the pro-democratic movements in the Middle East, will severly cripple Al Qa'ida efforts, but they will live on.

The next target IMO should be the (now) leader of Al Qa'ida, Zawahiri

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
10/10 would read again. Anything that isn't that or emo is a nice new addition to UB.

But yeah as someone said- catharisis. That's what this is.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
People discuss the news.

There's like twenty channels dedicated to it on TV, who knows how many blogs and sites, radio shows, print publications...

Have you encountered people before?

M@v

Subarashii!
Also, it turns out this is one of the biggest stories this year along with the earthquakes in Japan.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
I'm definitely happy about it, the death of Osama means disarray for the Al-Qaeda for a while, like M@V pointed out, but I still think that we should be on the lookout. It would be foolish to assume that there won't be plans for retaliation sometime in the near future.

saviorslegacy

Also, it turns out this is one of the biggest stories this year along with the earthquakes in Japan.
Daaaaaamn, did not expect that one.
When I turn 40 I'm going to get a history book and read the high lights of each year.....
Japan..... (you know it)
Osama..... (you know it)
Prince William married........
Obama basically called himself Simba (and)
......... (the year ain't over yet)
I'm definitely happy about it, the death of Osama means disarray for the Al-Qaeda for a while, like M@V pointed out, but I still think that we should be on the lookout. It would be foolish to assume that there won't be plans for retaliation sometime in the near future.
I honestly do not see how they keep their moral up. The only thing I can see is that they must really have a burning hatred for us, other wise I don't see how they could go on.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
When I turn 40 I'm going to get a history book and read the high lights of each year.....
Japan..... (you know it)
Osama..... (you know it)

I honestly do not see how they keep their moral up. The only thing I can see is that they must really have a burning hatred for us, other wise I don't see how they could go on.
That's exactly what it is.

M@v

Subarashii!
Japan..... (you know it)
Osama..... (you know it)

dude. Obama's talk during that dinner was pure win. I was lawling so hard when he was shredding Trump. Too Good. And I forgot the Royale Wedding. My bad :3

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I said a couple months back that 2011 would be the greatest year we've had since 2001.

GREATEST EVAR

Looks like we're on track, some pretty hilarious **** has been going down and we aren't even halfway through.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
That's not even remotely funny. This year, while filled with triumph, is also marred with tragedy, and the fact that people minimize it deeply saddens me.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
That's not even remotely funny. This year, while filled with triumph, is also marred with tragedy, and the fact that people minimize it deeply saddens me.
People don't like truth. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
The thing about Al Qaeda is that they've been pretty disorganized for the last year or two. Osama dying will either demoralize them further or bring them all together again. Only time will tell.

In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if he's been dead for a while and we've just been waiting for the right moment to reveal it.

:phone:

M@v

Subarashii!
The only thing that matters:

Delta Force get the job done.

HOOYAH!

Fixed for truth.

Although they are technically seals too.

Since Delta "doesn't exist" its made up of spec ops from all branches. It just so happened a SEAL division of delta did the raid ^_^

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Japan..... (you know it)
Osama..... (you know it)
Friday also happened.
It's been a crazy year.

Top Bottom