• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Sheik Walkthrough

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Well, thanks for the effort but...

The descriptions, for the most part, were basic at best. At times the descriptions were wrong, and sometimes the move you were performing was done wrong too (DACUS and chain lock respectively as examples. Also, the controller animation was wrong as well whoever made that. Hitting up before either attack input will cause you to Usmash and it just as easy to perform with default controller settings, tap jump on).

I think it needs to be revised, and truth be told im not sure it's necessary anyway.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Well, thanks for the effort but...

The descriptions, for the most part, were basic at best. At times the descriptions were wrong, and sometimes the move you were performing was done wrong too (DACUS and chain lock respectively as examples. Also, the controller animation was wrong as well whoever made that. Hitting up before either attack input will cause you to Usmash and it just as easy to perform with default controller settings, tap jump on).

I think it needs to be revised, and truth be told im not sure it's necessary anyway.
Well I knew it needed critqued.

I think it is needed. I had to watch video after video trying to figure out her techniques. Izaw had the right idea. Show all of a characters tech and explain how they work. That is what I am trying to acomplish.
Not only that it's not met for people who already have knowledge on Sheik. Just n00bs. As I said.... when I was a Sheik n00b I would had loved to of watched a Sheik guide. In fact I searched for one quite a few times.

BTW... post all that you see wrong so that I may fix it. (and I know that the Chain Jacket isn't in there.)

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I think this is a good thing to have.... A lot of people don't enjoy reading a paragraph of text describing something with only pictures. Although somethings can be summed up very easily in how to do others cannot so maybe instead of trying within that one black scene between clips you could just link the thread describing how it is preformed to SinkingHigher Guide.

Better yet why not just do multiple videos for each one of sheik techs and special traits...Heck you could even go into combos as well such as the dtilt, dtilt, ftilt ~lock, Decay ftilt into Usmash, jab jab, dash grab(I think you already had that one) fair, ftilt, and so on..

You could also show killing %'s for characters as well from the usmash. Although my thread listing them isn't the lowest it can kill (it's roughly 6% less then what I listed) you could easily still use that data.

edit: Talk to me if you need to find a use for anything in a useful way other then needle pulling and chain jack. Beside those two I use everything that is Sheik. You know what, just talk to me. I'll pitch ideas at you. I've been wanting to make a sheik video since my "More ^B information" thread.

saviorslegacy

I think this is a good thing to have.... A lot of people don't enjoy reading a paragraph of text describing something with only pictures. Although somethings can be summed up very easily in how to do others cannot so maybe instead of trying within that one black scene between clips you could just link the thread describing how it is preformed to SinkingHigher Guide.

Better yet why not just do multiple videos for each one of sheik techs and special traits...Heck you could even go into combos as well such as the dtilt, dtilt, ftilt ~lock, Decay ftilt into Usmash, jab jab, dash grab(I think you already had that one) fair, ftilt, and so on..

You could also show killing %'s for characters as well from the usmash. Although my thread listing them isn't the lowest it can kill (it's roughly 6% less then what I listed) you could easily still use that data.

edit: Talk to me if you need to find a use for anything in a useful way other then needle pulling and chain jack. Beside those two I use everything that is Sheik. You know what, just talk to me. I'll pitch ideas at you. I've been wanting to make a sheik video since my "More ^B information" thread.
kk cool. I needed someone else to help me.

As far as making all of those videos:
O_O That's a lot od time and effort. Owell... summer is coming up and I have nothing better to do. However, I will not start untill the my clans combo vid is done and the Sheik boards combo vid is done.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
kk cool. I needed someone else to help me.

As far as making all of those videos:
O_O That's a lot od time and effort. Owell... summer is coming up and I have nothing better to do. However, I will not start untill the my clans combo vid is done and the Sheik boards combo vid is done.
ugh, I just deleted my rant at you.

IF you need my help make sure you also link me to this thread as I'll most likely forget about offering my help by then.

saviorslegacy

ugh, I just deleted my rant at you.

IF you need my help make sure you also link me to this thread as I'll most likely forget about offering my help by then.
Well I wouldn't need that much help. Just some advice, info and critiquing.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Tristan, I already started recording a vid of each tech some time ago as well as a complete revamp for the Sheik and Zelda guides individually. Final exams are happening this month so it's not my priority.

If you're willing to wait until summer savior, I would gladly help you organise a complete video database of all things Sheik related. (I can take care of Zelda on my own I guess.)

Oh, I didn't mean videos aren't needed. Iirc there is already a video guide floating around youtube somewhere. Come to think of it I may be thinking of a melee vid.

saviorslegacy

Tristan, I already started recording a vid of each tech some time ago as well as a complete revamp for the Sheik and Zelda guides individually. Final exams are happening this month so it's not my priority.

If you're willing to wait until summer savior, I would gladly help you organise a complete video database of all things Sheik related. (I can take care of Zelda on my own I guess.)

Oh, I didn't mean videos aren't needed. Iirc there is already a video guide floating around youtube somewhere. Come to think of it I may be thinking of a melee vid.
Sucks don't it?

I was going to wait anyways. So yeah.. it would be a good summer project.

You are thinking of Melee.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
So THAT is what DACUS actually looks like. Now I understand lol. Wow Sheik's is insane. Is there anyway known to DACUS without changing controller settings? I play completely default.
Amazing video I learned so much :) and I was just thinking about playing someone else, silly me.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
I DACUS with default controls

control stick left/right>>c stick down>>control stick up + A

but apprantely the way I hold a controller is considered weird. (claw or something like that)

saviorslegacy

I DACUS with default controls

control stick left/right>>c stick down>>control stick up + A

but apprantely the way I hold a controller is considered weird. (claw or something like that)
It is claw. However.. I find it easier to use L/R as attack since the timing is SOOOOO strict!

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Ahh I see now. Is there anyway u could tap jump with X or Y and DACUS? or is it just too hard? just a random question

saviorslegacy

Ahh I see now. Is there anyway u could tap jump with X or Y and DACUS? or is it just too hard? just a random question
Wait what? Tap jump= hitting up on the analog and jumping.
Do you mean. "Can I just have X and Y as my jumps?" A: yes you can.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
No. The reason the same tap jump off is so that you don't accidentally jump and do a dair while attempting to DACUS. You need to press up because you are doing an up smash.

This video guide was cool man. I saw that virtual controller in a different guide also it's rather cool.

saviorslegacy

No. The reason the same tap jump off is so that you don't accidentally jump and do a dair while attempting to DACUS. You need to press up because you are doing an up smash.

This video guide was cool man. I saw that virtual controller in a different guide also it's rather cool.
AT least I was able to help a couple people out! :bee:

BTW... I put annotations telling what I did wrong. Anyone that has not seen it with the annotaitions needs to watch it again.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
AT least I was able to help a couple people out! :bee:

BTW... I put annotations telling what I did wrong. Anyone that has not seen it with the annotaitions needs to watch it again.
I saw them but yeah it's a cool vid especially for someone who is just picking up sheik.

saviorslegacy

I saw them but yeah it's a cool vid especially for someone who is just picking up sheik.
<,< I picked her up a long time ago. Learning the techs aren't hard. It is just hard to find all of them and then see what they look like. So I helped out in that area.

As for applying them... that is what will get ya. Easy to learn.. hard to use.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
For the people saying you need tap jump on and you have to hit up first... wrong.

You can tap A before you hit up, but you have to hit up immediately after. It gives you time for human error so it still registers as an Up Smash. This means you can do it with tap jump on as well. Default settings work perfectly fine.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
For the people saying you need tap jump on and you have to hit up first... wrong.

You can tap A before you hit up, but you have to hit up immediately after. It gives you time for human error so it still registers as an Up Smash. This means you can do it with tap jump on as well. Default settings work perfectly fine.
I tried it would default settings but I don't hold the controller like that unless I'm playing MvC2.

saviorslegacy

DACUS is not complicated. Why did it get that way?

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
pivot?? is that like dash spacing.... its like left right left left right right to switch up like that or quick left right?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
zelda/shieks should learn to play with tap jump on so you can usmash OOS with zelda more comfortably.

saviorslegacy

pivot?? is that like dash spacing.... its like left right left left right right to switch up like that or quick left right?
The pivot that covers a lond distance is actually just a fox trot. However... I have always canceled it with a pivot so it counts. :bee:

Just hit hard to the left or right, let up ASAP and hit lightly into the opposite direction.

For the other one:
Yes, it is just a quick hit to the left and right..

To heart:
I have heard of the term OOS... but IDK what it is. Do tell please.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
OOS = out of shield

isn't pivoting just running/walking in one direction and doing an attack or grab in the opposite direction you where facing?

Top Bottom