• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Robot Brethern

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
I'm not happy with how the vote was handled, as the majority of the anti-ban voters weren't prominent tournament goers (or even tournament goers at all) and this was right before we did some spring cleaning in the SBR
No johns kekeke

WarmSoda

Smash Apprentice
I wanna get something straight here, Overswarm.

Do you want MK banned because of the match-up difficulty for ROB Or...

...Because of the experience it brings to the tourny in it's entirety? (I.E. character variety)

lord karn

Smash Master
I decided not to switch to meta because I can't play seriously as him. I just dislike it too much. Because of this, I don't think my potential with meta is as high as it is with ROB or some other character. If you think you can play well and hate the character at the same time, then go for it. But it might actually be harder to win as meta if you don't like him.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Hell, I go R.O.B. all the way, and my CP character is friggin' Ganondorf just for the lulz.

True love for R.O.B. is eternal.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I hate ROB, don't know why he's in the game, and dislike fighting him. I guess I personally wouldn't mind if you played MK. I'd rather play Snake vs MK than fight a ROB.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
ROB is a cameo guy that saved Nintendo lulz.

EDIT: LOL at post below mine. Too good.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
All of my favourite characters in every show/anime seem to die when I start liking them a lot, dating all the way back to my childhood when Zoicite died. He was so awesome. :( It seems like they do it on purpose. ROB must be in the same category, except he's someone I want to die.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
3 things.

1) Marth's d-tilt frame traps better then MK's according to the frame data.

Suck it MK.

2) OS why are you acting like the community can actually influence you? Most of the time when people make threads like this, their mind is already made up.

3) Algol was banned before the patch I believe, when he had an infinite although they could have just banned the infinite. But after the travesty that was Soul Caliber 3, I don't blame the SC community for being ban happy and wanting to make sure their game is bullsh*t free.

OverLade

Smash Hero
All of my favourite characters in every show/anime seem to die when I start liking them a lot, dating all the way back to my childhood when Zoicite died. He was so awesome. :( It seems like they do it on purpose. ROB must be in the same category, except he's someone I want to die.
Lol This.

We all had to go through the death of Optimus prime (twice if you include the end of Beast Machines). And remember when Krillin died in DBZ? Oh, and remember that other time Krillin died in DBZ?

So Deal with it. :p

Oh, and remember that OTHER time he died? Yeah, that sucked for some of us.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I remember watching Frieza stabbing Krillin with his horns as a kid and it nearly traumatized me to the point where I stopped watching DBZ for several months.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
3) Algol was banned before the patch I believe, when he had an infinite although they could have just banned the infinite. But after the travesty that was Soul Caliber 3, I don't blame the SC community for being ban happy and wanting to make sure their game is bullsh*t free.
Algol turns the game into "avoid the bubbles" and he runs the clock very easily.

He loses to Kilik, though. Kilik ftw.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
But...I love avoid the bubbles. :(

Anyway, **** Namco for what they did in that patch to Ivy. Took her from top tier to low mid tier.

Now she has like...3 useless stances and 2 crappy command throws.

It's lame.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
But...I love avoid the bubbles. :(

Anyway, **** Comco for what they did in that patch to Ivy. Took her from top tier to low mid tier.

Now she has like...3 useless stances and 2 crappy command throws.

It's lame.
Wow...I just can't imagine Ivy being anything but top tier. That is weird stuff.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Hopefully they released another patch since the last one was like over a month ago, but it seems like they are doing patches every 2 months. Either way I hope they buff her up again.

Oh well. There's always Sophitia.

Cheap wh*re. :)

frdagaa

Smash Journeyman
Wow. The ROB boards have been invaded. If you want to b**** at OS, make another thread for it rather than derailing this one from a "help OS" thread to a "bash OS" one, please.

OS: main ROB. Seriously, you hate MK, and we'd like you back here a bit more often. I can understand choosing a secondary against MK (and GW) given the status of those matchups, but ROB is your baby. You wouldn't leave your baby facedown in a puddle of stagnant, feces-filled sewer water while you go chasing some two-cent syphilis-ridden ho down the street, right? Mmmk then, pick ROB back up. It's that simple. You like ROB, you rock with him even in the face of MK's retardedness, so just stick with him. You don't need MK, and syphilis sucks.

Side-note: "Brethren."

kirbstir

Smash Lord
If Overswarm doesn't want to be "*****ed" at, he shouldn't open such a loaded thread.

And to Overswarm, my suggestion is to actually main MK, and seriously. Quit the johns about "I don't practice" and prove to the community how broken MK is. Hard evidence is the only thing that will sway the rest of the community - right now you just seriously seem to be all-talk.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Holy crap, I have a typo in the title.

This thread was made openly mostly to bring in other people, btw. If you can't see that you're silly. =P

Besides, I can still read the posts from ROB mainers here.

Kappie

Smash Apprentice
do you even know what a p'ussy is rofl

dont turn this into a flame war urself now overswarm, as bad as I know you my advice is to go back to rob, it's the character you probably have the most fun with anyway.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I know, I know. It's still a little messed up to see how people like M2K stalk you, though.
I have a lot of respect for M2K as a player. Unfortuantely, I also love mind gaming people and he's easy to poke at. It's like a sleeping bear held down only by kite string.

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
The internet is serious business. You should stick with what you said first.

jk

There are no tourneys here, so I don't know if it's worth trying to win one for the money, but if you want to go to tourneys to be the best, and don't want to main MK, then main ROB. You might not be able to become the best with him, but you can always shoot for best ROB. That's what id do in your situation... Even if ShadowROB is way better (imo don't shoot).

Plus you already made a ROB guide and I think it's your duty to finish it.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Best ROB? I've had that title for ages. There's only been a few people that could take it from me, ever, and I didn't care then and I don't care now.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
Just play with both. Pick and choose whenever you want to play with either character. There is no law that says you must main ONE character even in tournaments

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Just play with both. Pick and choose whenever you want to play with either character. There is no law that says you must main ONE character even in tournaments
This is true and I've considered it, but there's rarely a time when I wouldn't pick MK over ROB.

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman
Overswarm, in my opinion, you should look at why you play Brawl. If you play for money, you might want to consider Metaknight. If your main goal is entertainment, then you can choose either. Metaknight is an extremely fun chracter to play, but poses no challenge. R.O.B. is somewhat easier, and you have the satisfaction of beating people with a "non-metaknight-character" (don't lie, so many people probably view the tier list this way).

It's really up to you.

In general, the same thing applys. We should realize why we play. Is it to have fun being challenged in a battle or is it to 3-stock somebody in under 1:00?

WarmSoda

Smash Apprentice
Overswarm, in my opinion, you should look at why you play Brawl. If you play for money, you might want to consider Metaknight. If your main goal is entertainment, then you can choose either. Metaknight is an extremely fun chracter to play, but poses no challenge. R.O.B. is somewhat easier, and you have the satisfaction of beating people with a "non-metaknight-character" (don't lie, so many people probably view the tier list this way).

It's really up to you.

In general, the same thing applys. We should realize why we play. Is it to have fun being challenged in a battle or is it to 3-stock somebody in under 1:00?
Or, we can ban MK and have both fun and money.

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
Best ROB? I've had that title for ages. There's only been a few people that could take it from me, ever, and I didn't care then and I don't care now.
When did that happen?!
If thats the case DSF has the title cuz he even beat your ROB with his ROB who he doesnt even play lol.
Sorry, Im being a lil *****y but its an arrogant thing just like the whole t0mmy tsituation when he said he was the best just because he won a ROB tournament.
I dont even consider myself the best yet, not til I am the highest placing ROB in the Mid-West EC and the coast n everything and Ive gladly proven that here in the WC already =]

Overswarm

is laughing at you
When did that happen?!
If thats the case DSF has the title cuz he even beat your ROB with his ROB who he doesnt even play lol.
Sorry, Im being a lil *****y but its an arrogant thing just like the whole t0mmy tsituation when he said he was the best just because he won a ROB tournament.
I dont even consider myself the best yet, not til I am the highest placing ROB in the Mid-West EC and the coast n everything and Ive gladly proven that here in the WC already =]
More like I invented the current metagame of the character, have the highest overall win ratio of any ROB, and have been able to go toe to toe with anyone I've ever played online or off, including beating DSF's Snake. I had the title before people even knew who you were, and I didn't take it, people gave it to me. I don't care to have it or not, so you can take it from me if you want but you best be getting first!

Yeah, he did beat me in a ROB ditto though. That was hilarious, like when I randomly picked up MK and beat him in an MK ditto. Hoo boy. Didn't even play MK at the time! Good times. =P

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
More like I invented the current metagame of the character, have the highest overall win ratio of any ROB, and have been able to go toe to toe with anyone I've ever played online or off, including beating DSF's Snake. I had the title before people even knew who you were, and I didn't take it, people gave it to me. I don't care to have it or not, so you can take it from me if you want but you best be getting first!

Yeah, he did beat me in a ROB ditto though. That was hilarious, like when I randomly picked up MK and beat him in an MK ditto. Hoo boy. Didn't even play MK at the time! Good times. =P
OK. But we can agree shadows is the sexiest?

Top Bottom