• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My new username and impostors

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Link to original post: [drupal=2169]My new username and impostors[/drupal]

I never was happy with my user name. It originally was "SniperNightOwlFromYoutube." Not only was it too long, but it could possibly convey the message that I thought I was "special" or an "important" person. That was not my intention. Early on I even put in my sig that I despised my user name. However I put, "FromYoutube" because I wanted people to know I was the real deal, as "SniperNightOwl" was already taken when I attempted to register.

There is no denying with my exploits on Youtube that I am well known across the Internet. With fame comes fans, haters, and... imposters.

Someone took my name, "SniperNightOwl" here on Smashboards and apparently got suspended with it... or something, I don't know, because when searching this name it does not appear on the members list. Also when I asked for my name to be changed to "SniperNightOwl" I was told the name was already in use.

This is just silly, I can understand someone trying to impersonate me on a Pokemon website, as I am truly amazing at the game- but a Smash Brothers website? I honestly don't think I am anything special (but I'm working on it ;D )Nonetheless, Smashboards is not the only Smash-related site I got an impostor on.

It turns out there was an impostor of me on AllisBrawl, even claiming to be a female and using my name "Dina." However the birthday and location was way off. Because a friend brought this to my attention this person got busted and is now named "FakeSniperNightOwl" lol!!! xD

I have been on the site long enough for people to know who I am now, so I opted for a name change. Also, I wanted to donate to the site so I killed two birds with one stone.

I am very happy with my new user name.

--- Dina

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'm glad to hear it. Though I can't believe people would pretend to imitate anyone with alternate accounts.

What IS a Sniper Night Owl, anyway?

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285

Owls with sniper rifles? God help us all.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Thank you so much for discovering the Sniper Night Owl. ;____;

And for this, too.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
i lmfao'd.

<3 Frown.

But yeah, I like your new username as well. I didn't like what you had before. :<

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Apparently someone has been using my name. ._.

Who'd want this name?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I made both the "KawaiiBunny" and "SniperNightOwl" accounts.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
SNO that is really strange though that someone would impersonate you like that.

>_>;
This is nothing new. Don't get me started on how many fake accounts of me I have on Youtube... (most of them are trolls/haters, but they would go so far to copy my background and channel description.) :ohwell:

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
My usernameous and avatarial disposition are no laughing matter.

That sentence had made up words.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
This blog is a good example of why we need two mods. Soooo much off-topic spam.

Social thread, where are you at?

TheUmbreonMonarchy

Smash Cadet
I've seen the joys of what you have to go through with all of the imposters.

Kinda freaky and sad at the same time...

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Link to original post: [drupal=2169]My new username and impostors[/drupal]

I never was happy with my user name. It originally was "SniperNightOwlFromYoutube." Not only was it too long, but it could possibly convey the message that I thought I was "special" or an "important" person. That was not my intention. Early on I even put in my sig that I despised my user name. However I put, "FromYoutube" because I wanted people to know I was the real deal, as "SniperNightOwl" was already taken when I attempted to register.

There is no denying with my exploits on Youtube that I am well known across the Internet. With fame comes fans, haters, and... imposters.

Someone took my name, "SniperNightOwl" here on Smashboards and apparently got suspended with it... or something, I don't know, because when searching this name it does not appear on the members list. Also when I asked for my name to be changed to "SniperNightOwl" I was told the name was already in use.

This is just silly, I can understand someone trying to impersonate me on a Pokemon website, as I am truly amazing at the game- but a Smash Brothers website? I honestly don't think I am anything special (but I'm working on it ;D )Nonetheless, Smashboards is not the only Smash-related site I got an impostor on.

It turns out there was an impostor of me on AllisBrawl, even claiming to be a female and using my name "Dina." However the birthday and location was way off. Because a friend brought this to my attention this person got busted and is now named "FakeSniperNightOwl" lol!!! xD

I have been on the site long enough for people to know who I am now, so I opted for a name change. Also, I wanted to donate to the site so I killed two birds with one stone.

I am very happy with my new user name.

--- Dina
Homes, quit feeling your nuts. :laugh:

Something tells me that someone took the name, was on here for a while, and left. You are not that special on YouTube--and I when I define special I mean you have a 10000 subscribers, that is special (perhaps one day I will be able to reach it). In fact, I hadn't even heard of your channel until today. :bee: **** happens, not because you have haters here, because it is probably a coincidence.

Talk about a blog with no use... :urg:

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
because it is probably a coincidence.
I'm not even going to start on this... =/

Homes, quit feeling your nuts. :laugh:
You are not that special on YouTube--and I when I define special I mean you have a 10000 subscribers, that is special (perhaps one day I will be able to reach it).
Talk about a blog with no use... :urg:
troll post is troll. I have over a million video views and I am regarded as one of the best Pokemon players there. But I don't give a **** about it because the game is garbage and I quit once Platinum came out. Please be more informed before you say such things. :(:ohwell:

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
I'm not trying to troll, but your no Marriland.

I am saying that I knew nothing about you until now, I don't know how many subs you have, and the person who has your name probably isn't a hater to your site. Nothing troll-like about that. :p

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I'm not trying to troll, but your no Marriland.

I am saying that I knew nothing about you until now, I don't know how many subs you have, and the person who has your name probably isn't a hater to your site. Nothing troll-like about that. :p
lmao Marriland is nothing competively. He just has a popular website. He is an awful competitve player, and I 3-0'd the player who beat him (Disfunction) without using a real team. :ohwell:

I never said the person who took my username was a hater.

And yes, you don't know how many subs I have because I have hidden them because I'm sick of people thinking Youtube is some game to see how many subs you can get. And it's just plain tacky looking after a certain point. :(

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
lmao Marriland is nothing competively. He just has a popular website. He is an awful competitve player, and I 3-0'd the player who beat him (Disfunction) without using a real team. :ohwell:

I never said the person who took my username was a hater.

And yes, you don't know how many subs I have because I have hidden them because I'm sick of people thinking Youtube is some game to see how many subs you can get. And it's just plain tacky looking after a certain point. :(
Whenever someone gets on the YouTube front page on the "Videos Being Watched Now" (as Marriland has) and they're not a Partner (keeping in mind that YT Partners cannot post video game playthroughs in most circumstances), they're doing something right. If he took a page from somebody like DSP and recorded any other follies he may commit in the course of a day (while keeping in mind he has 4.5 times the amount of subs DSP has), he could see some money rolling in. Proof of concept: DSP makes a partner channel called THEKINGOFHATEHD in which he records all other follies. If you are as popular as you say you are (not denying that you're not or anything...), you could do the same. Just a thought. ;)

Also, don't look so down on how many subs you have. If you earn you subs through the merit of your videos (viz you don't friend for friend and/or sub for sub IMHO), then you have every right to show your subs number with pride. To each their own choosing, I guess. :ohwell:

Also, to show that I am a nice guy (& that I really am curious), do you have any footage that shows you eviscerating Marriland and/or Disfunction? I would enjoy watching it. :)

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Disfunction is right. So much drama up in these blogs. It always happens when the current moderator isn't here.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Guys, who cares about Youtube? >_>

It's....Youtube.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Whenever someone gets on the YouTube front page on the "Videos Being Watched Now" and they're not a Partner (keeping in mind that YT Partners cannot post video game playthroughs in most circumstances), they're doing something right. If he took a page from somebody like DSP and recorded any other follies he may commit in the course of a day (while keeping in mind he has 4.5 times the amount of subs DSP has), he could see some money rolling in. Proof of concept: DSP makes a partner channel called THEKINGOFHATEHD in which he records all other follies. If you are as popular as you say you are (not denying that you're not or anything...), you could do the same. Just a thought. ;)

Also, don't look so down on how many subs you have. If you earn you subs through the merit of your videos (viz you don't friend for friend and/or sub for sub IMHO), then you have every right to show your subs number in pride. To each their own choosing, I guess.

Also, to show that I am a nice guy (& that I really am curious), do you have any footage that shows you eviscerating Marriland and/or Disfunction? I would enjoy watching it. :)
I'm just saying Marriland isn't reowned for being a competitve battler. I never fought Marriland (and nor would I want to, I would be lowering myself ;) )

I would be more than happy to link you the vid of my battle vs Disfunction but the video was on his account "TheCarious" and he closed it. I still have the record on my DS tho:

"DIS
Group: P****
Battle record
win:1
lose: 0
Pokemon trades: 0 times
Date last played: Dec. 23rd, 2007"

basically what happened was he tried to set up against my Gyrados with a swords dance Garchomp (it wasn't banned back then), and I used dragon dance and waterfall flinched him. Also, my Medicham's ice punch froze his Ninetails (that makes no sense.) He made a mistake by trying to set up a curse Hippowodon against my Azumarril, and I two hit-KO'd it with waterfall. It was a haxy battle lol.
However my matches against YukiJadenSurvives and WillisTheUnbreakable (who is much better than Disfunction) are still up. Even then I was just sandbagging, lol. I only used my real team when I fought Willis on Shoddy (after he got cocky and thought he really beat me in the re-match).

But like i said before... it means nothing to me. Pokemon has such a centralized metagame now.:urg: In fact I hate it so much I feel stupid even talking about it... but I'm only doing it to inform you.

Guys, who cares about Youtube? >_>

It's....Youtube.
I certainy don't. Hell I wish I could hide my channel views, too. Smashboards is like my substitute home. It's so nice here... :) Youtube isn't that bad, but there is a lot of ignorance and stupidity among the users, who makes it suck for more intelligent users. :(

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
People still play pokemon?... and competitively? >...>
This. Honestly I think people who still do are insane. The metagame is so centralized now, with pretty much a suicide lead/Heatran/Scizor/Salamence on every team. It doesn't take any skill anymore to do well... it pretty much boils down to which OU characters are you using.

Edit: Can I plz haz on-topic again? :(

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
But like i said before... it means nothing to me. Pokemon has such a centralized metagame now.:urg: In fact I hate it so much I feel stupid even talking about it... but I'm only doing it to inform you.
You mean like MK. :laugh: j/k
But seriously, thanks for informing me. :) When I played Pokemon ten years ago (yes I am that old :chuckle:), each battle won against a friend was a very varied experience--viz. you never saw the same team twice.

I certainy don't. Hell I wish I could hide my channel views, too. Smashboards is like my substitute home. It's so nice here... :) Youtube isn't that bad, but there is a lot of ignorance and stupidity among the users, who makes it suck for more intelligent users. :(
Well, that makes two of us. :laugh: The stupidity that I see on my channel is baffling--hells, some people don't even know how to record a match, or that I don't play Brawl anymore, or when to find a series that I removed, &c.

I can promise you this: If you saw half the stupidity shown on channels that focus on rational/scientific thought (e.g. http://www.youtube.com/user/thunderf00t?blend=1&ob=4), your hair will turn white. :chuckle: So, I promise you this, it's not so bad. :)

This. Honestly I think people who still do are insane. The metagame is so centralized now, with pretty much a suicide lead/Heatran/Scizor/Salamence on every team. It doesn't take any skill anymore to do well... it pretty much boils down to which OU characters are you using.

Edit: Can I plz haz on-topic again? :(
So, Pokemon has become b@strdized to the point where it's like CvS2 A-ARE teams? Dayuuuuuuum! :laugh:

Good to see you finally got your user name straightened out though. :)

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
You mean like MK. :laugh: j/k
But seriously, thanks for informing me. :) When I played Pokemon ten years ago (yes I am that old :chuckle:), each battle won against a friend was a very varied experience--viz. you never saw the same team twice.

Well, that makes two of us. :laugh: The stupidity that I see on my channel is baffling--hells, some people don't even know how to record a match, or that I don't play Brawl anymore, or when to find a series that I removed, &c.

I can promise you this: If you saw half the stupidity shown on channels that focus on rational/scientific thought (e.g. http://www.youtube.com/user/thunderf00t?blend=1&ob=4), your hair will turn white. :chuckle: So, I promise you this, it's not so bad. :)

So, Pokemon has become b@strdized to the point where it's like CvS2 A-ARE teams? Dayuuuuuuum! :laugh:

Good to see you finally got your user name straightened out though. :)
Thanks. :)

BTW, what's your Youtube account?

SO YEAH, LET'S DISCUSS OWL SNIPE GUY'S NAME.

I like his name. And I think the avatar turned out well.
D: you totally did not just refer to me as a guy! D:

Top Bottom