• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
Your post about the show's rise in popularity on 4chan was pretty interesting.

Although, I didn't realize that was the article that started it.
I kept seeing that it was the "The End of the Creator Driven Era" article that started people to check out the show.
http://www.cartoonbrew.com/ideas-commentary/the-end-of-the-creator-driven-era.html

======

For my quick thoughts on the second episode.
I liked it, although at first I kinda felt that Twilight's solution to restoring her friends seemed somewhat anti-climatic, but with time constraints things needed to be rushed a bit. I loved a lot of the little crazy things that went on. Discord was kinda stupid in the end for being so cocky, I feel like he should've realized something was up when all the mane 6 had their color back. That and he seems to be able to teleport around, but doesn't seem to do that to avoid the rainbow. Though it's time constraints after all since the episode was almost over.

My favorite line from the episode was:
"Look out! Here comes Tom!" (which I also loved that he got a name)

Although I don't get why Twilight didn't move Tom through the already giant hole in the Library? Not to mention why Twilight didn't use magic to move it when going into the Library in the first place?
For comedic timing I'm sure regarding my first question, which I don't mind since I loved seeing Tom like the Kool-Aid man and burst through a wall with Twilight's line.

Overall I feel it could've been a 3 part episode and not (hopefully) be rushed, but that seems like too many parts for this kind of show. So, I might've missed this, but is it that both episodes seemed rushed the reason why it seemed lackluster to some?

Edit:
Wow, plenty of posts that came before mine.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
I got into the show after seeing this. I didn't know why, but something about it really interested me and led to me finding the UB about the show. So I guess you could say that the art style is what initially drew me in.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Like I said, that wasn't the article that started it. The cartoonbrew one came before it and helped spur more activity. I'm just saying the drama from the other article caused an influx too.

vZakat

Half Genie
I first got into it because of the animation. I saw a few pics and was like "whoa, that looks pretty cool" and decided to check it out. My initial reaction after seeing the first 2 episodes was "meh" but I liked it enough to watch more. After the fifth episode I was hooked and really loved the show. I have a tendency to get very into shows when I like them and right now MLP is the flavor of the month. I don't know if I'll always be this super gung-ho about but this show will always have a special place in my heart. I'm a big fan of animation and this show is definitely in my top 5 favorite cartoons of all time now.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i think-for me-the thing that cemented it was bridle gossip. i watched everything in order of episodes. but the only thing that was keeping me watching it was pinkies utter insanity, bridle gossip jsut made the series for me.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
oh also ryo, send me a PM on here when you get back, im always on smashboards
ALWAYS
A few more hours sir.. THEN.. I may just pass out or get hype. Whichever comes first.

I don't know what it is about this picture, but I like it. Probably the whole thing.

One of the strangely enjoyable things about the memes generated by the show's community is that they aren't bad. You don't intrinsically have to hate things like certain shipping pairs or comments like: "Dat plot" .x. It just works.

I personally don't prefer shipping, but it's like Rarity says: "Hmm... Yeah, I guess I could see that."

Also Geo! I think I totally figured out Ray's hairstyle (tentative but strangely likeable) so I will try to supply something visual to support this claim. Also should try to do the same for Penny...

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
She was farming corn because either (1) Discord willed the corn to grow on her farm, or (2) Because she grows other things on her farm other than apples. 2 is always possible, she was seeing planting carrots and celery during their Winter Wrap Up, though whether or not it was on her farm is subject to debate. :applejack:

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Apples are the family specialty. They can still farm other crops but their apples are the best in Equestria and their favorite food too.

McNugget

Smash Journeyman
She was farming corn because either (1) Discord willed the corn to grow on her farm, or (2) Because she grows other things on her farm other than apples. 2 is always possible, she was seeing planting carrots and celery during their Winter Wrap Up, though whether or not it was on her farm is subject to debate. :applejack:
she called it her farm when twilight used magic in WWU, so yeah, 2 is pretty much canon.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Like I said, Mc, it's arguable. Is there solid proof that the land she was planting the non-apple crop on was on her farm? The location between the song number and Twilight's participation in the ground cleaning may be completely different. :applejack:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Well, not entirely sure what you mean there. :U
It's a manga/anime. Made be the creator of negima.

So, I'll also say this. MLP jake. I will find it for a certain someone here.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Man, Gates' commentary is too good.
Thanks.

You gonna do that for every episode?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0QHw7iy1Rg

I actually started doing them as facebook messages of what I thought of each episode to a friend of mine who got into the show with me. When I started up my blog I had nothing to put on it and I figured that these episode riffs would take less time than writing in-depth articles about game theory like I originally wanted to do. So I decided to go ahead and do them for every episode of season 2.

Ohsm

Smash Apprentice
well then I really watched 2 episodes cause I was curious after all these comments.

it was hard to stay neutral but after all it was better than I expected compared to other crappy cartoons.
it has some funny parts mainly rainbow dash I love her voice.

all in all it's not awesome but pretty decent
I'll watch some more episodes tomorrow

btw how can the pink pony speak so fast without doing any mistakes? just curious

cause I was bored I actually tried to draw a pony it's harder than I expected lol
it took me an hour or so
just took a refernece from google so I knew how it roughly looks

I love drawing but I never ever tought that I will draw a pony in my entire life
but I had some fun drawing something very different from my normal drawings

however here's the outcome
sorry for the bad quality my cam is soo crappy

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/88/ponyo.jpg/

I didn't draw the tail right cause I draw it entirely with a penicil and I can't draw so much different colours with just grey tones
but tomorrow I get my new copic marker then I'll try it with some colour,a bit more time and patience

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Now to make this post slightly more pony related... Geo, I don't think I've seen fillies on set doing a quote unquote: "Wicked Rock Ballet" x-x
Ah right, I was in haste in making that post and forgot it was a "rock ballet". But quite the sarcasm I hope that was unless you're one of the ones who could not bear to watch the scene. I was sad when my cousins forced my laptop to skip that scene when I was showing the whole Season 1 to them.

Although I don't get why Twilight didn't move Tom through the already giant hole in the Library? Not to mention why Twilight didn't use magic to move it when going into the Library in the first place?
Well it's been proven in previous episodes that it takes immense focus to use magic to carry something heavy (Boast Busters). Her rage at her discorded friends gave her the extra umph to toss Tom out the window, and in the same rage didn't put into thought about going through the same hole. Plus, more comedic effect.

Also Geo! I think I totally figured out Ray's hairstyle (tentative but strangely likeable) so I will try to supply something visual to support this claim. Also should try to do the same for Penny...
So you're changing Ray's manestyle or was it the fact that pony generator version didn't have his exact mane?

Edit:
btw how can the pink pony speak so fast without doing any mistakes? just curious

I love drawing but I never ever tought that I will draw a pony in my entire life
but I had some fun drawing something very different from my normal drawings

however here's the outcome
sorry for the bad quality my cam is soo crappy

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/88/ponyo.jpg/

I didn't draw the tail right cause I draw it entirely with a penicil and I can't draw so much different colours with just grey tones
but tomorrow I get my new copic marker then I'll try it with some colour,a bit more time and patience
Andrea Libman voices Pinkie Pie. Wikipedia doesn't list which characters she played, but she appears in notable cartoons and anime. She must be beast at speaking at such a crazy pace with such accuracy. That or they did many takes at each scene.

First time drawing pony? Way better than my first attempt. Mad jelly of your smooth lines and soon-to-be copic markers

Ryo242

Smash Ace
Well she did say "Mah farm" in the episode. TO THE WIKI TRANSCRIPTS!

Applejack: That's not how we do it 'round here, Twilight, and especially not on MAH farm.

Sha-bam. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that just because it's a farm that specializes in apples doesn't mean they only grow apples. Good farming techniques involve growing different things each season to renew the soil (Corn being one of those things).

Ryo242

Smash Ace
Ah right, I was in haste in making that post and forgot it was a "rock ballet". But quite the sarcasm I hope that was unless you're one of the ones who could not bear to watch the scene. I was sad when my cousins forced my laptop to skip that scene when I was showing the whole Season 1 to them.

So you're changing Ray's manestyle or was it the fact that pony generator version didn't have his exact mane?

Edit:
First time drawing pony? Way better than my first attempt. Mad jelly of your smooth lines and soon-to-be copic markers
But I like that scene! It's the one of the best songs in the show, mainly because of it's just... Ineptitude! Plus, if it was sung by Sweetie Belle, she'd be climbing the pony tiers so fast.. :/ We couldn't keep up. Had to be the worst singer in the group, but it has left a good mark.

A little of both. I just started sketching earlier today and found something that I was like: "o.o Idon'thatethat." Hopefully it can get improve-ed on or something.

My first time was horrible. :/ I am currently learning by staring (and learning!) at the curves and defining features of each pony.. which is currently up to three and a half (Pinkie Pie surprisingly easy, Applejack simplistic but also ends well, and Derpy because hot damn dem crazy eyes! Ray is the the half, with barely a head done. ;-; )

It's good that people are getting more inspired to draw. ._. I don't know how I'll cope with two weeks of non-episodes.. besides rewatching all the others a few dozen times.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i would try and draw ponies. but im actually terribly with a pen, i can hardly write legibly, let alone draw!
i have massive amount of envy for the people i see drawing rough works of an entire person in about a minute, then tossing it aside because of a minor detail. im like 'son it takes me about 5 hours to draw something half as good as that'

Ohsm

Smash Apprentice
i would try and draw ponies. but im actually terribly with a pen, i can hardly write legibly, let alone draw!
i have massive amount of envy for the people i see drawing rough works of an entire person in about a minute, then tossing it aside because of a minor detail. im like 'son it takes me about 5 hours to draw something half as good as that'
drawing is really not that hard
it's all about skill and the key to get the skill is patience and practice
when I think about my very first drawing it was a pure mess :D
dont be discourage just draw and draw and draw and you will notice progress
practice makes perfect

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
practice makes perfect
This is probably the exact same thing 4chan keeps telling me.
What they don't know is...

No motivation to even begin drawing, and why bother if you're bad at it?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
practice makes perfect
i thought the same thing for writing and typing. still cant do them things properly XD
fine dyspraxia is what stops me from being good, it affects co-ordination dramatically XD

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Dyspraxia?
For me it's Atychiphobia. Can't stand making mistakes, don't feel like trying cause it'd most likely turn out terrible so I don't bother with it to avoid being incorrect. And i'd feel like i'd be able to draw if others are with me which is why I discussed to Zajice about that AIM group conversation for drawing, or Skype. (But noone uses Skype, while AIM is dumb for me)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Dyspraxia?
For me it's Atychiphobia. Can't stand making mistakes, don't feel like trying cause it'd most likely turn out terrible so I don't bother with it to avoid being incorrect. And i'd feel like i'd be able to draw if others are with me which is why I discussed to Zajice about that AIM group conversation for drawing, or Skype. (But noone uses Skype, while AIM is dumb for me)
oh lawd, can you imaging putting the two together? constant mistakes being made, and not being able to stand making mistakes. hellfire combo
i use skype. whats your username and ill add you. i like talking ^^

also for serious, anyone want to critique my commentary? im calling for helpage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom