• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
This show is for little girls, and y'all gotta ACCEPT THAT. Y'hear?
NEVER!!!!!!

Interview with Faust said:
25. The Hub television network has earnestly been reaching out to us in the recent months. What's your take on primary vs. peripheral demographics? How did you seek to unify the two, and what do you expect will be the standard moving forward? Put succinctly, how do bronies affect ponies - in our purchases, discussions, fan works, and the rest?

While we were moving forward on Season 2, we all felt that we attracted this audience with the strategy we laid out to attract girls and their parents - so we didn’t think there was a need to change the approach, at least as far as the show is concerned. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it, right? However, even outside of bronies, I was hoping that some of the “nicey-nice” restrictions would be lifted for Season 2 or that we’d at least get more wiggle room. Not because I had a need for edginess, but because I thought we were going to start running out of ideas to explore within those restrictions.
The strategy was made for girls and parents. The show is made for them. But it is not for them. That's for the beholder to decide.

"This show's just for me!"
"and me!"
"AND ME TOO!"

~said Tom, Phil, and 'lil Billy.

Finally, you have the girls and their parents still watching the show on Saturday morning, like it always has and always will be. The end. No one is exclusive :awesome:

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
^duh

That is what I meant. It's aimed at girls, whatever, but it doesnt mean it's FOR them.

That's like saying... This specific phone is aimed at young teenagers who need twitteron the go (stupid kin phone I got) but my 48 year old dad uses it anyways.

I accept it's made for them. That's fine :)

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I crack at the show being for little girls all the time. In fact, I just did a few pages back.

I certainly don't get defensive at all.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic has elements that allows it to be enjoyable for all audiences, but it's core target is undoubtedly children, particularly young girls. It's kinda hard to deny that much without sounding silly. :applejack:

frotaz37

Smash Lord
Yeah, I think usually when somebody says "for" they mean "aimed at", at least in regards to a TV show. I don't think anyone's gonna deny that the value of something is in the eyes of the beholder :)

Well, maybe elitist jerks. But who cares about them?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Has anyone played my friend's game, Super Filly Adventure? He and my close circle of friends (not me, I was busy. . . .) worked on the game for a while, and got it done pretty fast. It's actually kinda good, I think you guys will like it . . . It's reminiscent of Blank Flank Adventures. . .

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/579165

There's three endings; adventurous, muffin, and creepy ending. Have fun~
How do you get the
creepy
ending?

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
WHAT??

it's sea pony fluttershy

i can't even imagine anything more non-threatening than that existing in this world

It scared me because it popped up while I was quick posting and I'm like "WAHT DA FACK~"

Sorry, it's... I dunno, it just looks like poor fluttershy got turned into a worm T____T

@ Gates:

When you start the game, talk to everyone, do everything, bring good muffin to derpy, and then talk to Zecora. THEN talk to everyone again, exaust every option, EXCEPT STARTING THE PARTY...

When Zecora's eyes are black... you'll know what do..

frotaz37

Smash Lord
LOL I never realized how silly their response is to Megan thanking them.
Shoobie doo shoop shoobie doo translates to "you're welcome" in sea ponese.

I love sea ponies too, John!. Definitely my favorite type of pony.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
@ Gates:

When you start the game, talk to everyone, do everything, bring good muffin to derpy, and then talk to Zecora. THEN talk to everyone again, exaust every option, EXCEPT STARTING THE PARTY...

When Zecora's eyes are black... you'll know what do..
I still didn't get it =/ How many times are you supposed to talk to Pinkie Pie?

on land?!

on land, they work all day
out in the sun they slave away
while we devotin full time to floatin under the sea

land sucks.
Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? 'No!' says the man in Washington, 'it belongs to the poor.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'it belongs to God.' 'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'it belongs to everyone.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Rapture!

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Imagine your boss knowing you watch the show. He comes up to you, then confesses that he watches it too.

That's only if you have a job.

john!

Smash Hero
over the summer i worked as an intern at this financial software company.

i was the youngest person there by at least 5 years, maybe 10.

someone had a coloring book picture of G3 rainbow dash on their cubicle wall, that one of their kids had drawn.

i didn't dare say a word about it.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I still didn't get it =/ How many times are you supposed to talk to Pinkie Pie?
Well uh

Just talk to everypony like three times on the way of getting their invitations out, going from left to right, this includes after giving Derpy a good muffin, and then talk to Zecora on the far right. Going from right to left this time, talk to everyone again except Pinkie Pie in her house (otherwise I think you initiate the party ending) and make sure to talk to them like 2-3 times again. After that move back from left to right all the way to Zecora. She should have black eyes.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
if they explicitly tried to gear the show towards our demographic, they would probably end up ruining it tbh.

also... i have an unhealthy obsession with sea ponies.

Sounds like something you'd see from Loonatics. :applejack:
But yeah, I doubt a more mature My Little Pony would do any good anyhow.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Wow, I just got the creepy ending in that game. o.o

It just turns from this happy mlp game to a Luna game.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Well we already like what the show has brought us.
And like that Faust quote that was posted
"Why fix something that's not broken."

Also, Espy, Tofer told me to buy the shirt for ya.
Sizesies?

Edit: Oh my, a "Luna game"? Sounds serious D:
Edit 2: Did a search on this thread and found this old post
@Slush: The largest size they have. I always buy the largest in case I shrink it in the drier.
I take it to follow this as well? This one goes up to 3XL

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Man I just flew around as a marijuana pony shooting green cheerios at a dragon with a magic stick.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Well uh

Just talk to everypony like three times on the way of getting their invitations out, going from left to right, this includes after giving Derpy a good muffin, and then talk to Zecora on the far right. Going from right to left this time, talk to everyone again except Pinkie Pie in her house (otherwise I think you initiate the party ending) and make sure to talk to them like 2-3 times again. After that move back from left to right all the way to Zecora. She should have black eyes.
ehh forget it, I'll just watch it on youtube. It's too late at night for me to try to troubleshoot this.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
ehh forget it, I'll just watch it on youtube. It's too late at night for me to try to troubleshoot this.
Blank Flank :
1) Set clock between 11pm and 5:59am.
2) Start game.
3) Hear every piece of dialogue including that of Pinkie before you've got all the invites.
4) Make good muffin. Donate to Derpy.
5) Check every piece of dialogue out again (also Zacora's). Make sure not to trigger Super Filly.
6) Go to the Evergreen forest.
NOTE : Once you've reached the edge of Evergreen, and triggered Blank Flank correctly, it's one-way.

Cherished Doll

Smash Master
Thats not fair y am I being the one called out all the time first of all, second why do I have to write alot what if I dont have alot to say

Blah nvm off topic I guess.

bought a coloring Book with lots of stickers I was soo happy!! :D

:phone:

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Sorry about that, doll, but we went through the rules with most of the other ponies in the xat, and we never really discussed it in the group, so you weren't there when we discussed these rules for the thread.

Also you don't have to type "a lot", but just have something that we all can discuss about.
Like that coloring book and stickers (which I assume is official MLP activity book that some of got too-- those stickers a majorly legit)

Edit: Well I hope it won't hurt your photobucket bandwidth but thanks anyways, PG

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
So much stuff to talk about. I'll just give my thought on episode in a later post since this one is long enough as is.

Though apparently there's gonna be a couple more 2 parters, which is ok I guess. As long as they're actually good.
I'm almost positive one of these 2 parters should be the return of Luna, thus that particular 2 part episode should be good.

Two ponies > Weightless balloon.
You guys keep forgetting that Fluttershy had not only the balloon, but 2 other ponies (Twilight and Applejack) weighing her down too.

So thus, Two ponies + "Weightless" Balloon > Two ponies

Wow, I just got the creepy ending in that game. o.o

It just turns from this happy mlp game to a Luna game.
Now I really need to try this out.

====

I also want to say This has been one of my best days in a while.

First, this thread has been unlocked and I'm very glad of it's return.

Second, the pony shirt I've wanted to become available for Mens sizes is finally here.
<333333

http://www.welovefine.com/product.php?id_product=870

Third, I got an awesome update to my sig, which I felt was lacking.

Lastly, I'll potentially bring this reason up in the xat since it isn't pony related.

@Beros: I know this isn't a SWF emoticon, but how do you feel about using this as your Twilight emoticon in the meantime?

Cherished Doll

Smash Master
Sorry about that, doll, but we went through the rules with most of the other ponies in the xat, and we never really discussed it in the group, so you weren't there when we discussed these rules for the thread.

Also you don't have to type "a lot", but just have something that we all can discuss about.
Like that coloring book and stickers (which I assume is official MLP activity book that some of got too-- those stickers a majorly legit)
Ok thanks for clearing it out.felt picked on.

Yes aBIG ONE its soo awesomee!! :D I really want some pins :/

PG; thats a really cute shirt

Cherished Doll

Smash Master
doll. you don't have to take **** from anypony. if someone posts their thoughts and feelings, and they don't troll or bully people, then they are a good poster in my opinion.
I think you just became my best friend!!!! :)

<3

Do u guys think mcd will have pony toys again in the happy meals?

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
doll. you don't have to take **** from anypony. if someone posts their thoughts and feelings, and they don't troll or bully people, then they are a good poster in my opinion.
But if the "good poster" in question's thoughts and feelings don't add anything to the topic, then it could be construed as spam. And since this thread has only been open for about 6 hours, I don't think anyone wants it to be closed again from something like that. Not that there's anything wrong with Doll's current posts, but some of her posts in the past have been a little . . . lacking. All Beros was doing was reminding her to be careful about what she posts, there was no **** being given to anybody. Where were you even getting that from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom