• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Spike as Young Simba would be cool. Spike as Timon is better imo, Dash as Pumbaa. Warthogs are fast yo'.

I stuck around because I kinda' like Drue.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
What kind of crossover ponies? I want ideas.
Well I drew several One Piece ponies before, but now I've been drawing Gin Tama ponies because it's my favourite thing ever. I don't have the creativity to draw my own OC, nor any of the actual cast doing anything, so this is what I'm left with.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Oh dear, guess I'll probably take notes down once the characters start appearing in your later chapters and compare them to each event that occurs and make edits.

Hmm, cast Tom as the location of Pride Rock.

BSP

Smash Legend
Ok so isn't the opening theme supposed to be changing for episode 3? I'm fine if they change the intro, but I don't want the song to get touched. It's grown on me.

But i'll live if they do.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Hi dudes. I'm sure it's already been told to you guys, but it would really help me out for y'all to not be shy about the Report button. This thread is way too active for me to keep on top of it all the time. I'm sure many of you also don't like it when this thread gets crappy and derailed. I personally don't think closing this thread was a great idea to begin with, but I'd like to help you guys avoid that again, without having to suffer reading this thread several times a day.
I'll keep in touch with you when things get hasty here.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I wore my pony shirt the day the new season premiered.

Feeling people's jealousy felt pretty damn good too.

EDIT: The MightyFine shirts are incredibly comfortable. The screening is very nice too.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
That's not a pony hat, that's a hat with pony on it.
Also, Beros' Tom thing made me lol.

Beros, would you buy able to buy me that steampunk pony shirt?
I can give you the money this weekend. :applejack:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I just realized almost every post since re-opening have the word "pony" on it....

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
He didn't scrunch his face, I think he's telling the truth. :applejack:

Tom as Pride Rock was hilarious.

Oooookay so who exactly put those pony post bits?
:fluttershy:
If they were added in . . . How possible is it to get pixel-art-made pony emoticons on SWF if made? :)

I made a whole set for Brother Bear when I was 13...

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
[collapse=Awesomeness]

There just needs to be a Mario/MLP crossover. Someone make it happen.
[/collapse]

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
That's true about everything MLP related, so I don't know why you're saying this.
Actually, not really. Lauren Faust specifically wanted MLP related stuff and children/girls cartoons to be aimed at a wider demographic or at least accepted.

How else do you get love and toleration out of so many ponies?

BTW:

Has anyone played my friend's game, Super Filly Adventure? He and my close circle of friends (not me, I was busy. . . .) worked on the game for a while, and got it done pretty fast. It's actually kinda good, I think you guys will like it . . . It's reminiscent of Blank Flank Adventures. . .

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/579165

There's three endings; adventurous, muffin, and creepy ending. Have fun~

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Well we dont' know the motive behind the previous generations of MLP.

But I believe one of the replies Faust made in her dA comments was that she wanted FiM to not only teach values to children, but also keep in mind the "parents" interest in watching the show with their child(ren).

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
Actually, not really. Lauren Faust specifically wanted MLP related stuff and children/girls cartoons to be aimed at a wider demographic or at least accepted.
Not quite. The show is definitely aimed at young girls, but made with actual quality so that their parents wouldn't mind watching too. The wider demographic thing was just a happy accident.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
That happy accident was all 4chan's fault.

And fro, I said it because I have no other way to describe it.
A "ugh. :urg:" post is not how I really cover it.

We watch the show. And the reason is right above me.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Ah. But after the happy accident, have you not noticed the surge in fan service, commercial/marketing devices, and other such "happy incidents"?

Maybe at first it wasn't aimed at a wider demographic, but now it is because they know... they know it's THERE...

We are here...

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
OMG they drew Rainbow Dash like a pig D: Alas, ponies are a meme, therefore credit to that parody.

=

Careful with the short posts (and just putting pony in the end), Doll. They want us to keep this more like a discussion thread.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
Ah. But after the happy accident, have you not noticed the surge in fan service, commercial/marketing devices, and other such "happy incidents"?

Maybe at first it wasn't aimed at a wider demographic, but now it is because they know... they know it's THERE...
Yes the commercials are fantastic, but the show itself is still made for young girls; to think otherwise is just silly. Jayson Thiessen has even just recently stated that they will still be making this show for young girls, and the fact that bronies exist will not be changing that. All we'll be getting is some awesome commercials, possibly some male pony dolls for us (I want Braeburn!), and the knowledge that this show will still entertain us regardless of its intended audience.

This show is for little girls, and y'all gotta ACCEPT THAT. Y'hear?

frotaz37

Smash Lord
That happy accident was all 4chan's fault.

And fro, I said it because I have no other way to describe it.
A "ugh. :urg:" post is not how I really cover it.

We watch the show. And the reason is right above me.
I still don't understand why you're saying anything, let alone what you are saying.

Also, the first 2 movies of the old MLP are much less kid friendly than FiM ;)

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
It's like I'm not speaking english to you?

My little pony is a show for minors.
We are watching it because of Lauren Faust's work on the show.
The commercial is not intended to be creepy as it is not supposed to attract you any attention.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
People who think Spike should replace Dash are idiots.
WHAT.

geo, its a cackle of hyenas, anyways, im reiterating this. Spike for zazu, theyre like perfect matches

both completely loyal to their employer
both handle small tasks such as writing and stuff
both rely on the employer to take care of their problems (zazu->hyenas spike->upstaging trixie/impressing rarity/etc etc)
both sarcastic
Wouldn't the Diamond Dogs be like Heynas? They're both greedy, incompetent, there's only 3 of each with speaking roles, and one of them was Whoopi Goldberg.

Anyway, if we're talking about Lion King w/ ponies, I guess Spike would work as Zazu, but i kinda imagined him as Simba and Discord as Scar. Then Spike grows up to be epic. Oh, and Pinkie Pie could be Rafiki =D or Zecora maybe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRJnnrjuDao

Spike as Young Simba would be cool. Spike as Timon is better imo, Dash as Pumbaa. Warthogs are fast yo'.
No, Dash as Timon, Pinkie Pie as Pumbaa. Fits their character better. Or maybe Fluttershy as Pumbaa?

I can totally see Spike living his childhood in Ponyville, being traumatized by seeing Twilight's murder at the hands of Trixie and some parasprites who goaded the buffalo into stampeding, leaving to the everfree forest to live with Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash, before a chance encounter with Rarity who tells him that Applejack and the herd are dying, and then in his crisis of conscience he meets with Pinkie Pie, and sees Twilight's reflection in the clouds who tells him "Remember who you are". Then Spike turns into Neltharion, the Earth Warder and goes back to Ponyville to save the day.

I just found the creepiest commercial of all time. It's somewhat relevant, too.

http://youtu.be/UtKCoOCeLIU
Is one of those ponies named Wavedash?

Anyway, my thoughts on s2e2 are here.
http://opinionatedj3rk.wordpress.com/2011/09/24/play-by-play-the-return-of-harmony-part-2/

No seriously, why was Applejack farming corn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom