• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
If we're talking about bad drawings...

LOOK AT IT, IT'S UGLY ISN'T IT?! I forgot to draw today...

And according to what bronies that's currently running streams i'm watching "Don't draw in drills (Body parts), draw the whole thing and use the actual show as reference instead of the guides."

I guess i'll do this when I get back from SA tomorrow and see how it works...
o_o um, i'm not much of an artist at all, but don't you have to start out drawing some body part? the whole thing even has body parts. everything that makes up the body is technically a body part, and that goes for ponies too.

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
I can easily see a Banjo-Kazooie/MLP crossover. It just got 20% cooler, and I could easily see Mumbo Jumbo and Twilight getting along.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
Mumbo would indeed be Zecora, while Twilight would be Bottles (they're both eggheads).

And Little Strongheart would be Humba (because Indian).

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Hellooooo brony peoples~!

I'm guessing you guys have already seen the pony fighting game? ,:3 I'm so torn right now. I looooove fighting games, but I wanted to stay indiffrent to the whole pony scene. (I don't dislike the show. In fact I loooooove how cute and bouncy the animation is. But when the word "brony" is dropped, it acts like a drama bomb. I swear one day someones gonna get shot over this show one day. .-.)

But yea, i'm really looking forward to it. It looks really solid for a fanmade game! I even know a few people that want to throw some tourneys when it comes out~! =w=

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Mumbo would indeed be Zecora, while Twilight would be Bottles (they're both eggheads).

And Little Strongheart would be Humba (because Indian).
I liked the implementation of Trixie as a boss, pretty much just being annoying.

I swear one day someones gonna get shot over this show one day. .-.)
Considering the response some people have had to it that I've seen, I'm almost surprised it hasn't come to violence yet. It's amazing to me how some people will actively hate things they don't understand, even if those things don't actively threaten them.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Considering the response some people have had to it that I've seen, I'm almost surprised it hasn't come to violence yet. It's amazing to me how some people will actively hate things they don't understand, even if those things don't actively threaten them.
This is such a discussion point, but this isn't the place. I will say that you should give most things a chance before writing them off completely (as opposed to judging them on surface value alone), and a lot of people fail to do that.

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
If we're talking about bad drawings...

LOOK AT IT, IT'S UGLY ISN'T IT?! I forgot to draw today...

And according to what bronies that's currently running streams i'm watching "Don't draw in drills (Body parts), draw the whole thing and use the actual show as reference instead of the guides."

I guess i'll do this when I get back from SA tomorrow and see how it works...
Most of it looks fine and I particularly think that the eyes are really well done.
I also really like that leg leaning on that counter.

===

I've also heard Zaj being negative with his drawings, which I agree is very silly.
Although I'm sure Espy has heard this stuff a lot more often.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I've also heard Zaj being negative with his drawings, which I agree is very silly.
Although I'm sure Espy has heard this stuff a lot more often.
Eh, its just an artist thing~! Artist are always hungry to get better. You gotta have that "my drawings are crap blargblarg" mentallity if ya wanna improve I guess. No matter how awesome your drawings are.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Yeah it's an artist thing. I remember making slight changes for days to "finished" drawings that looked good to others back in HS.

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
Eh, its just an artist thing~! Artist are always hungry to get better. You gotta have that "my drawings are crap blargblarg" mentallity if ya wanna improve I guess. No matter how awesome your drawings are.
Yeah it's an artist thing. I remember making slight changes for days to "finished" drawings that looked good to others back in HS.
I was actually thinking that this was the case.
I'm usually not too negative with my drawings except for when I compare them to someone like Zajice's artwork. Then I think my pony artwork is kinda meh.

/inb4Leaf'srebuttal

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I stopped caring about the quality of my artwork sometime in 2007. I just do my best & it'll improve naturally that way.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Meanwhile I look back at my old stuff and wish I could make stuff that good again.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I'm usually not too negative with my drawings except for when I compare them to someone like Zajice's artwork.
OH MAN!
So much thiiissss!
Whats even worse, is when hes all modest about it and cools them "doodles." xD

Its like "****! I draw worse then your 2 second doodles?! FFFFFFFFF" I really like his style though. The bold lines and clean linework~! Mine would look soooo much nicer if I didn't erase about a million times. :<

Meanwhile I look back at my old stuff and wish I could make stuff that good again.
Woooow, thats the first time I heard someone say that. '3' I magically get better by NOT drawing for long periods of time, but suck at it when I draw alot. Which works for me, since i'm a lazy bum. :3

Ohsm

Smash Apprentice
here is my scatching from today, work was so boring so I took a pencil and draw a little bit
luckily my boss didn't see it

I tried to draw twilight form memory but it was awful hard at least for me
I still have trouble with these pony proportions
drawing a normal anime character is a 1000 times easier :D

never give up drawing and have a nice day! :pinkiepie:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
That's leaf. the pegasupremacist, sonny.
I'm TokyoGamer7 the Unisupremacist. Just call me Vinyl. now.

What's the storyline for the next episode?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
That applies to any skill though.
Anything, pretty much anything has people involved having the desire to improve themselves. It's okay if you're modest about it, but there's a difference between being modest and being, for the lack of a better word, hurtful about it. Look at X (Sonic main). When he beat Dojo at MLG Dallas, he celebrated, and rightly so (it was a clutch match, and he deserved all the congrats possible). Then he started telling his group how bad he was at the game, and how many mistakes he made and how his character is awful in Brawl. It's a backhanded insult to Dojo's skill, to the skill of all the players he managed to defeat up to that point, and a distasteful thing to say towards the crowd.

That type of behavior undoubtedly crosses the line, and under VERY little, if any circumstances, should that type of behavior be practiced.

Zajice...he kinda dances pretty close to it with his negativity about his own work, which is INSANE. I love the man with super duper, extra chocolatey apple<333~s, but I just can't stand hearing that kinda attitude from someone who CLEARLY has and utilizes his skills to a great degree. Drives me applecrazy.

I was actually thinking that this was the case.
I'm usually not too negative with my drawings except for when I compare them to someone like Zajice's artwork.l
That's a terrible attitude to take though.
Understand that there's room for improvement, and aim to achieve the next level, but calling your own drawings garbage isn't psychologically helping you any more. Even if you are aware of this, simply saying it has an effect.

It's called a "Self Fulfilling Prophecy". :applejack:

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
That's a terrible attitude to take though.
Understand that there's room for improvement, and aim to achieve the next level, but calling your own drawings garbage isn't psychologically helping you any more. Even if you are aware of this, simply saying it has an effect.

It's called a "Self Fulfilling Prophecy". :applejack:
Hey, this is really good advice. It's been something I'm trying to convince myself. But not with drawing. Thanks.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
You guys are crazy. My drawings are crap, mostly cause It's hard to hold a pencil with hooves.

Really though, any negativity I have on myself isn't from thinking I'm bad, it's from not being as good as I myself PERSONALLY want to be.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTy5HJnHeFs

I remember that, it was ok.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Really though, any negativity I have on myself isn't from thinking I'm bad, it's from not being as good as I myself PERSONALLY want to be.
Boy, you're more redundant than a pickle in a pickle barrel. :applejack:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom