• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General 2: Resurrection

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Really? If anything, Discord's a side attraction in that episode. Tree Hugger is one of the best side characters introduced, it has Maud in it, and it's got some gold moments. Maud's burn, "naked" Rarity, riding Maud like a boat, sonic bliss, puppet dimension, METAL ****ING GEAR REFERENCE. Alright I might be biased on that last one, but still.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Ok, well maybe I'm getting too biased about not liking Discord very much, but I DID recently change my opinion I had about a certain Season One character in a good way. The Lost a Treasure of Griffinstone made sure of that. Here's why.

Its not that we actually saw more of the map that I really enjoyed this one, it's because we finally got to see Gilda again. With how much of a jerk she was back in Season One, I'm glad she was able to turn herself around. I'm starting to like Gilda a little bit more after watching the episode.

Final Rating: 10/10

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Discord will be discord, no way around that. Don't let that get in the way of a hella lot more pop culture references in that episode.
Besides, Discord being anything not chaotic just doesn't do right.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
3 different McDonalds, in 1 visit each in a week, for 3 weeks, finally got the full set. Now to distribute the goods either at the local weekly tourney on Thursday or hosting a Smashfest a day before Season 6 Premiere.

Trailers, but so soon, so I need not to spoil myself. Reading the description of the trailers around the nets hurts me enough.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So I just got done watching A Slice of Life. Here are my thoughts.

That was great. I'm pretty happy for Cranky and Mathilda, and I have a lot to say about this episode.

Firstly, it was great to see that sea serpent Steven Magnet again. We haven't heard from him ever since the second part of the pilot episode for crying out loud.

It was also nice to see some actual dialog from Lyra Heartstrings. I was always curious about her personality, and we finally got to see some story about her. I was even more impressed about how she and Bon Bon managed to make up for that argument they had. But I still don't understand why they made DJ-Pon3 a silent character. Haven't they EVER considered giving her a voice actress. I mean, they gave Octavia one, but not DJ? What the heck?

I also chuckled a little bit to see that one bit with Shining Armor and Cadance however randomly people may have taken it, but whatever.

Also, what's with the Changeling in the back row?

Final Rating: 8/10

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Keeping DJ silent is most likely a nod to the EG RR movie and short, due to her never wanting take off her headphones, her characterization is complimented in her communicating through gestures and whatnot.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Here are my thoughts on Princess Spike

I usually don't enjoy Spike based episodes, but this one really made me laugh, especially when Cadance and Twilight got super pissed at Spike, AND when that angry mob showed up.

But yeah, other than the fact that Spike really messed up this time, there isn't mich to say about this one.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Slice of Life is 100/10, I will fight everyone that says otherwise. So many subtle things in it, and a really awesome fandom nod. There's a reason it's episode 100.

DJ is purposefully a mute though, it's part of her character. Also, the fandom would act like children if she had a voice that was at all different from the popular fan voice actor she has.

Princess Spike on the other hand. Eh, it's a Spike episode. Pretty good for a Spike episode, but still a Spike episode. The highlight of the episode is the cute pone with the dontcha know accent.

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
I think Slice of Life had no singing, so it's already better than most episodes.
I can't stand singing.

I don't mind the singing myself, though on the flipside there also aren't a ton of songs from the show that I really like, aside from "I'll Fly" and "Stop the Bats."

Slice of Life is 100/10, I will fight everyone that says otherwise. So many subtle things in it, and a really awesome fandom nod. There's a reason it's episode 100.
I'm not heavily into the fandom so I didn't get any of the fan nods they were making. As such I thought the episode was pretty meh.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Got another double for you guys. Here are my thoughts on Party Pooped to get started.

Okay, that was pretty weird. I understand the idea of wanting to improve ties between other countries, but this was all pretty awkward. The only time I really laughed was in the end when Prince Rutherford gave Pinkie that hug in the end.

Final Rating: 4/10

Okay, I may have sounded unenthusiastic on that one, so here's my review for Amending Fences

Great episode. It gave us a little bit of background about Twilights old friends in Canterlot before she moved to Golden Oaks Library, and I never thought we would ever see her old place again.

We still haven't gotten as much background from Minuette, Twinkleshine, or Lemon Hearts though. I do remember that Minuette and Twinkleshine were two of the bridesmaids at SA and Cadance's wedding, but then again, so was Lyra, and she had also moved to Ponyville, and we DID see some of her personality in A Slice of Life.

And I had almost completely forgotten about most of the minor stuff we see when we look back at the Pilot episode, but I guess that's the idea behind season 5 about bringing back some of the least recently used stuff that all of the people liked from older seasons like we've seen Gilda, Cranky and Mathilda, Steven Magnet, Cherry Jubilee, that sort of thing. Now we've seen Twilight's old place we haven't seen since the pilot episode. I wonder what they're going to bring back next...

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
One. More. Minute.
I had little to no spoilers up to now.
It's time for me to take everything in blindly.

Edit:
Starlight is not ready for this alphabet.
Rarity savage in stifling that laugh.
I wish Twilight was this highly huggy and touchy . . . with me.
Starlight got Spike on hitlist. Approve.
Baby Alicorn was hard not to be spoiled. But discussion will probably follow.
Adora-destructable. I guess.
Starlight so smug and pompus on delaying.
Sunburst is a wizard. A wizard.
Figuratively tore fun from the baby.

Last edited:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just like in real life, babies ruin everything.

But literally endangering a whole empire by crying really loud is a new record.

Last edited:

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
She's a facehugger. Pinkie now has a baby alicorn soon to burst in her.
3 Safety Pin colt with a vest hast a Princess Twi patch.
Why reflect when Twilight can dissipate those beam. Granted split second reaction instinct.
The Two Sisters just got cloud banged.
Some feels, but not a lot. Not much release of catharsis. It was an okay ending more than less.

Last edited:

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Holy **** wait really? Never thought about it. From happy whinnying on Twilight's school acceptance and tears of Shining Armor's wedding.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
That was a great premiere to Season 6.

I knew an Alicorn baby would've been a big surprise, but even I didn't expect THAT! It was also nice for Starlight and Sunburst to reunite, and how we finally got to hear Twilight and SA's parents actually have lines for once. Also, Flurry Heart was just adorable. The suspense was real, but so what, at least they yet again prevented another apocalypse.

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
That was pretty good. Not my personal favorite season premiere (that goes to Season 2) but still a good way to start. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Wonder if Trixie will show up...

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
It'd be nice to see a lot of characters actually...there's a lot they could go back to.

I just wonder who'll be first...

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
It'd be nice to see a lot of characters actually...there's a lot they could go back to.

I just wonder who'll be first...
Hard to say. Season 5 already brought back a lot of "Nearly forgotten" characters such as Gilda, Cranky and Mathilda, Cherry Jubilee, Braeburn, Steven Magnet, Filthy Rich, and the Pie family as a whole.

Heck, They even gave minor characters like Lyra Heartstrings, Bon Bon, Minuette, and Twinkleshine voice lines in Season 5.

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
Yeah, which is the main reason why I'm hoping for Trixie. She's one of the ones who hasn't returned since Season 3.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
How about
mother
****ing
babs
god damn
seed?

Bring her and Trixie back together even. They're practically besties in the comic.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
How about
mother
****ing
babs
god damn
seed?

Bring her and Trixie back together even. They're practically besties in the comic.

Now that I think about it, that IS a great idea. Ever since Bloom and Gloom, we never once saw her OR her Cutie Mark.

Maybe one episode could be Applebloom visiting Babs Seed in Manehattan.

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
...admittedly I completely forgot about Babs Seed :laugh:

Just shows all of the potential cameos that await us this season.

Whiz

Smash Rookie
Is it weird I always expected Flurrie to be an alicorn? I mean, MLP genetics are obviously loopy to say it mildly, but it never even occurred to me she wouldn't be.
Maybe because I saw a spoiler picture of her? But I think even in The One where Pinkie Pie Knows I vaguely was thinking of the baby as an alicorn, so no, I don't think it was because of that.

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Now that I think about it, that IS a great idea. Ever since Bloom and Gloom, we never once saw her OR her Cutie Mark.

Maybe one episode could be Applebloom visiting Babs Seed in Manehattan.
Her cutie mark is visible in the letter she sends to the CMC after getting her mark.
Good chance we're seeing her this season as well. :applejack:

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
+1 for liking that Vinyl didn't talk in Slice of Life.

And for wanting them to bring back a character we haven't seen too much of lately I'd go with.....

Zecora

Whiz

Smash Rookie
+1 for liking that Vinyl didn't talk in Slice of Life.

And for wanting them to bring back a character we haven't seen too much of lately I'd go with.....

Zecora
Tfw Zecora appeared twice in S5 and one of them was a shoe in role, and the other a very minor role in the finale

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Not that Boulder is a lady killer, but he definitely told off all those bimbo polished rocks.
Outside the piano, not sure I caught too many references this time around.

Edit: Twilight's Balloon image on the sign on the building.
Maud winks so affectionately slow.
Ending music is never the same now.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Not that Boulder is a lady killer, but he definitely told off all those bimbo polished rocks.
Outside the piano, not sure I caught too many references this time around.

Edit: Twilight's Balloon image on the sign on the building.
Maud winks so affectionately slow.
Ending music is never the same now.
There was a Gravity falls reference lol.

But Rarity bouncing off the walls like she was Pinkie Pie :rotfl:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
That was a pretty good episode.

Even if it was for a little bit, it was nice to see Maud smiling, but I was afraid Pinkie would probably get arrested for going all hyperactive in the first half of the episode. Now at least Rarity has another branch for Carousel Botique in Manehattan. Before too long, she might have a branch in Cloudsdale.

What was even funnier was Rarity's Pinkie Pie impersonation.

Final Rating: 7/10

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Beros did you noticed how awkward Maud's VA sounded when she was talking about how stuck up the jewelry was being? It sounded horrid.

:applejack:

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
...couldn't the whole episode have been solved if Rarity had just made the pouch?

Top Bottom