• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General 2: Resurrection

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
Snips and Snails are among my least favorite characters.

Diamond Tiara used to have them beat. I outright hated her. Then Crusaders of the Lost Mark came along, and now they're my least favorites only because I find them to be annoying and nothing else. There isn't anything about them that I like.

Almost every other recurring character has at least something I like about them.
I still feel like that Diamond Tiara's 180 was really forced/rushed. Didn't really feel "earned," if that makes sense, considering how her character was for 4 seasons prior.

I liked the episode regardless but I'm still not quite convinced that she'd turn around that quickly, regardless of the reasons for her being how she was before. Mostly because said reason was never implied prior to that, and seemed only wrote in to have a reason to get her to turn around, like her being a jerk wasn't her fault for 4+ seasons.

Of course, I can't relate to the whole "parents pushing me to be something I don't want to be" thing so maybe that's part of it.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I still feel like that Diamond Tiara's 180 was really forced/rushed. Didn't really feel "earned," if that makes sense, considering how her character was for 4 seasons prior.

I liked the episode regardless but I'm still not quite convinced that she'd turn around that quickly, regardless of the reasons for her being how she was before. Mostly because said reason was never implied prior to that, and seemed only wrote in to have a reason to get her to turn around, like her being a jerk wasn't her fault for 4+ seasons.

Of course, I can't relate to the whole "parents pushing me to be something I don't want to be" thing so maybe that's part of it.
I guess I can agree to some extent, it might've been nice to see some more evidence of it prior to this episode, but ah well, I'm personally okay with it.

Gravity Falls did a similar thing before and I really liked the direction they went with it. I will say I felt like they handled it a little better than MLP did.

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
I guess I can agree to some extent, it might've been nice to see some more evidence of it prior to this episode, but ah well, I'm personally okay with it.

Gravity Falls did a similar thing before and I really liked the direction they went with it. I will say I felt like they handled it a little better than MLP did.
Well like I said, I still enjoyed the episode, it was just a personal gripe.

I suppose I shouldn't get too annoyed considering that they had to fit it all into 20 minutes on top of it all. Only so much you can develop in that time-frame if you aren't given a two-parter.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Diamond a la Pacifica. In that sense, would've been nice to see the interaction with her mother, if not Filthy Rich to give that sympathy feeling.
I deeply care for Snips and Snails.
I deeply care for your antithesis.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
But as long as we're talking about Snips and Snails, let's be honest here. What franchise doesn't have characters nobody likes?

There's annoying characters in pretty much every good franchise or show. The Mario and Luigi series gave us Fawful, theres Barry Kripke always messing with Sheldon in The Big Bang Theory, the 1986 Transformers movie had Wheelie, and of course there was Colin Creevy from the second Harry Potter movie.

Last edited:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Diamond Tiara used to have them beat. I outright hated her. Then Crusaders of the Lost Mark came along, and now they're my least favorites only because I find them to be annoying and nothing else. There isn't anything about them that I like.
I've never understood the mentality people have with antagonistic characters. If a character is pure evil, like Chrysalis and Mane-iac in MLP or Ganondorf and Wesker in video games, they're exempt from hate because they don't appear "human." People tend to fanatically love these characters even. But if an antagonist is given traits that make them "human," like being a bully or egotistical, people turn on them in mass. I can only guess it's because it reminds them of some jerk that was mean to them in real life or something and those feelings are projected onto these characters.

I understand that the "bad guys" are made to be the bad guys, but that doesn't mean they're bad characters. Antagonists make for some of my favorite characters because I can appreciate their role. The cult leader Glimmy Gumdrops was a favorite of mine since her premiere. I liked Diamond and Silver's bully stereotypes. Lightning Dust had that fun sassy ego. Hell, I even love Spoiled Rich. That high-and-mighty parent with unrealistic expectations can make for an interesting character, and I wanna see more of her. She's got a wonderful design too.

The only exception people have on a widespread scale is Trixie for some reason, when she's been just as much of a jerk as any other antagonist.

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
...wait, the next episode doesn't air this weekend?

Dang it, I was all hyped and everything. Oh well, it's only another week...

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
And the week as arrived.
How serious was Starlight's sarcasm? Pls.
Make Mac stop.
Bulk 100% in a job.
Twilight is so unreasonably suspicious, creepy.
Trixie formation plate.
Too many out of the blue cameos...?
Celestia stood up.

Last edited:

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
That was awesome. Was a bit worried how they'd end up treating Trixie by the end of it but it turned out great. Doesn't look like Celestia is as pleased though...

Wonder if Trixie will make more appearances now.

I'm surprised there was no sign of Snips or Snails anywhere.
Which just made the episode even better.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Disappointed Celestia is my favorite thing. Cranky finally asked the question nobody else would though. How DOES she get her hair to do that all the time? It can't just be because she's a princess, or Twilight and Cadence would have it too. Magically enchanted "always windy" shampoo is my guess.

I love Glimmy Gumdrops and Trixie's as cute as ever. And I'm glad they can both joke about how they futzed things up instead of getting all triggered about it. I hope they pal around for a lot of the season. I'm always down for more Trixie.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
Celestia and Luna are 1000+ year old goddesses, though. I don't think you can really put Cadance and Twilight on the same level as them.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
They answered the swooshy mane thing back in Season one Zajice. And again in Season 4.
Ughghghghghg,jdsflkjdslfdsjfdsk;lfsdk;lfgvkljfvkgtklztkj;lvhbdgd cofkcv cbhcgfpogjfrf :applejack:

Last edited:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nah, I don't buy the whole magic power thing. The S1 explanation was something Faust made up on the spot when asked about Luna's S1 hair. As for S4, how come Twilight's mane doesn't become naturally wooshy after the transfer? The transfer clearly stole the magic from the shampoo in the process. This means Twilight is at least 2 shampoo squirts more powerful at the end of S4 than she was previously.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Either its OG Alicorns only or it comes with age.
:phone:

Last edited:

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
All I know is a week is far too long to wait for the next episode...

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
For some reason my computer posted it twice.
I forgot this thread existed because I get no alerts from anything these days due to inactivity.

Tryst

Smash Ace
NNID
Skolar
3DS FC
2750-1644-8369
For some reason my computer posted it twice.
I forgot this thread existed because I get no alerts from anything these days due to inactivity.
I hardly ever post here, and yet I get notifications for every post. Weird. Maybe it's because I read most of the messages, I don't know.

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
I get no alerts from anything either.

...because this and the Smash 4 patch notes threads are the only ones I follow :laugh:

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
You probably have to read the latest post / scroll to the bottom to count it being read so you can get notifications again.
Also if you don't notice there's a new page (say your last unread was on 22, but there are posts on 23), you still haven't read the latest post so you wont get any new notifications until you do so.

I also have smashboards.com/account/alerts as my homepage so that I can read all notifications already and get that flag to not highlight with a number.

Something big has to happen if we're ever gonna get an elongated discussion going on. So far it's just oh hey this character returned, I thought they were gonna do this, oh well, end of conversation. Backstory maybe.

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
What the hell? Dashie can fly better than that, and we all know it!
She's still been prone to accidents on occasion. Plus we didn't see what started that whole thing, could have been something out of her control and stuff just...happened.

Good to see we're getting a Dashie episode though, those are always good.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dash gets performance anxiety sometimes, as seen in Sonic Rainboom. She's also not immune to totally blowing it while flying, as seen in Read it and Weep.

Also, on the subject of magic manes.

Nanomachines, son.

Equestria is a post apocalyptic world set in the distant future of the Metal Gear Solid universe, confirmed. This explains why Discord had the box that one time.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Dash gets performance anxiety sometimes, as seen in Sonic Rainboom. She's also not immune to totally blowing it while flying, as seen in Read it and Weep.

Also, on the subject of magic manes.

Nanomachines, son.

Equestria is a post apocalyptic world set in the distant future of the Metal Gear Solid universe, confirmed. This explains why Discord had the box that one time.
Oh yeah, forgot about Read it and Weep.

But still, I'm glad Dashies getting the next episode too, but it looks like there's gonna be a lot of pain in watching it.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
And so it begins.
To add to all that, Dash does tend to act unreasonable whenever Wonderbolts is on the line.
Well being a Dash episode, I don't really have much to say but usual Dash shenanigans and overcompensation.

Last edited:

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
That was a fun episode. Was a bit worried about how it would turn out in the end but that ending made it even better.

Though I do wonder if Dash should take up an acting gig as well after what happened at around the halfway point :laugh:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I loved all the impressions. They were cringy in an entertaining way.

SheeHYUCKs.

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
I think the Rarity impression was my favorite.

...though now I wonder what she does to get her hair to do that. She also gave herself Twilight's mane-cut when she did that Twilight impression back in Season 5...

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well I've already 100% proven the existence of magic shampoo with Celestia and Luna, so.

Top Bottom