• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My art! (critisism please)

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Wow, those are really good.

I'm sorry I can't be more constructive than that!

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
i especially like peach, id love to give you more critique--how bout you post this in the art critique forum-
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=235725
if link doesnt work-
scroll to artwork forums(bottom of pg), click on artwork emporium, and go to critique forum. post it there, youll get the best critiques there-good bad, whatever.
welcome to the boards, i assume youre new--post count.

You spelled criticism wrong.

But otherwise I like the artwork. Good job!
The Yoshi and Zelda ones are some of the best.

However, I'd suggest you reduce the brightness of the neon lines on the Peach picture, but only by a bit, as it is a little too bright.
It covers out some parts.

Along with that minor issue, Zero Suit Samus' head in her picture is blotted out somewhat by the pink in the background, and it doesn't seem to fit into the body of her. Thus, it looks like her head's apart from her body, and is more part of the background.

Two minor issues that can be easily solved. With your skill, it seems that those problems won't be much.

Grunt

Smash Master
yoshi is the only good one.
the rest look like you just picked up photoshop and ran it through filters.
:\
also, your vectors are terrible, they're really blocky and still have white stuff on them.

zifn15

Smash Cadet
The peach one is good I like the contrast but I don't feel like it captures the attention of people looking at it for very long. I feel that you could reduce the size of peach and then do something with the background (stick with dark colors the contrast makes this piece pop) so that it focuses more attention on peach.

You may want to get rid of the sharp lines in the Yoshi one. They distract and draw attention away from the piece. (I would keep the back ground the same move yoshi a tad to the left and make him monotone using black and white and make the egg more colorful).

Zelda is too pink and blends into the background. I would play with contrasting colors and detail here.

Again in the game and watch one, the lines pull the attention away from the central figure to away from the page. Game and watch blends into the bottom of the page you may wanna do something with it. I would change the orientation of the lines.

I think that the samus piece is probably your best. I feel that you need to crop it about mid way into the page (cropping everything from the left to the beginning of the black circles). samus also blends into the background I would try to make the background greener while leaving samus as pink as she is. I feel like the black lines should cross to the right of samus' face with a green background i think the effect will be dramatic.

hope it helps. good work btw

Grunt

Smash Master
ok well whether it was technically a filter or not, what I'm trying to say it doesn't look like very much effort was put forth in those pictures.
zelda and zss are just sort of...there, the colors and other elements do nothing for the picture.
yoshi is good, he's the main focus and the elements in the picture only bring out yoshi even more as the focus. the spiral towards him, and the watercolor texture matches the background, but brings him into the foreground as well.
GnW is kind of growing on me, it's simple and pretty good.
peach....IDK, just looks like neon filter to me, but it's not the worst.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
It's just the pictures from Brawl with filters over them with basic stuff added. Sure, it looks nice, but anyone can do that in a few minutes.

Top Bottom