• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music City Smash

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
The only thing I have to add to the conversation is that SWR Tournaments won't happen anymore because I was severely let down by the dismal level of interest. If only 4 or 5 people want to play, there's little point in having a competition.
Hype it until more people want to play! Teach, distribute :O

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
Well, if alllll goes as planned....me...captainN2000....and Warpd(from allisbrawl) will be comming to the June tournament. :dizzy: fun fun

Ajax and I were talking in the AIB chat a while back, he told me you guys got a new venue, how is it?

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
This. We basically went from being packed in a can to standing in a large room. We had rooms for move TVs, so I believe everything went alot quicker. Not to mention we can actually bring food/drink in there. It just reeks of awesome.
And more importantly it DOESN'T reek of manstench.

nintendoboyyy22

Smash Journeyman
would've been boss to have the first BatGG at the current venue.
yeah, i wouldn't have been sweating and having to wipe my hands off on my jeans.

i feel bad wanting to go to this because i am just going for the money. and with older age comes better knowledge about how to play the game, even if i don't ever play it lol.

*shrugs*

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
So how about.

Smashfest at KO's Saturday? Yay? nay?

KO? Yay? nay? btw, do you get your Dissidia from ISO or did you actually. import it. If Iso, I'm bringing my PSP.

Milln

Smash Champion
yeah, i wouldn't have been sweating and having to wipe my hands off on my jeans.

i feel bad wanting to go to this because i am just going for the money. and with older age comes better knowledge about how to play the game, even if i don't ever play it lol.

*shrugs*
laaawwwwllllllllssssssss

Slash omg totally smashfest all night.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
So how about.

Smashfest at KO's Saturday? Yay? nay?

KO? Yay? nay? btw, do you get your Dissidia from ISO or did you actually. import it. If Iso, I'm bringing my PSP.
sure there will be fests of smash at my place on the Day of Satur. Cody you should come. So should you Zack. We need to work on some teamsies.

Ajax615

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to rocket town because there's a breakdance battle I wanna compete in. Then I'm playing brawl there. I'm friends with guy that had this planned

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
So like.

I heard playing on HDTV's is bad. If so, I should probably stop doing that.
It is if you dont play with component cables or whatever. I played on an HDTV when I was in Florida, and holy crap Brawl and F-Zero were practically unplayable. Input is delayed like a half second or a full second or so. It felt like I was playing online.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
It is if you dont play with component cables or whatever. I played on an HDTV when I was in Florida, and holy crap Brawl and F-Zero were practically unplayable. Input is delayed like a half second or a full second or so. It felt like I was playing online.
I recently purchased a 22" LCD monitor and some cables to use my wii on it and it's only 5ms delay which is as close to lagless as you'll get on a non CRT screen. Note it's a monitor and not a tv...

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
I recently purchased a 22" LCD monitor and some cables to use my wii on it and it's only 5ms delay which is as close to lagless as you'll get on a non CRT screen. Note it's a monitor and not a tv...
5ms of lag so much lag for Melee. its manageable in brawl but still bad. Cody stop being a fruitcake and come hang out with ussssssssssssssssssssssssss.

_MidnighT_

Smash Apprentice
lol, i thought that said june 25.

idk, i might go. if a ton of people are going, i will, like the amount of the first gg tourney.

that one was the most fun by far.
hey cody, its been a while lol. hows life treating ya?

sure there will be fests of smash at my place on the Day of Satur. Cody you should come. So should you Zack. We need to work on some teamsies.
id like to, but its my grandmothers birthday >_<. guess its a good thing for me the tournament was moved lol.

Kain17

Smash Cadet
So like.

I heard playing on HDTV's is bad. If so, I should probably stop doing that.
only if you have an older model. (The ones that look like regular tv's with hd screens)
Newer ones are perfectly fine.

^^ sensitive and exaggerating^^

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
Going for teh money...winning money would be nice...help pay for some college stuff but mostly just going to try and place high. Are you comming Cody? I thought you quit brawl. :dizzy:

Anyway, Captain, his bro, warpd and I all made plans to come to the next tournament. :)

So....you should reaaally make an allisbrawl page KO. :bee:

petty pweaaaaase..and promise youll upload the results. kthx

lol I'm all pumped up....Friday we had a big brawl fest...Iori..captainN2000...warpd.....and some casual frineds all came, was so much fun. Captain has picturessssss.

Does the first post say what time the venue closes?

Also, where are the results for the previous tournaments?

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
only if you have an older model. (The ones that look like regular tv's with hd screens)
Newer ones are perfectly fine.

^^ sensitive and exaggerating^^
Perhaps a little yea. But I prefer my inputs to, y'know, input, when I want. Imagine having to throw out a grab or else you'll get hit. if you press the grab button and it takes like half a second to come out, it could be too late, and you get hit.

And in F-Zero's case, c'mon. it's F-zero. You're like 3/4ths down a straightway in half a second. xD

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
5 dollars. I have not practiced any, I lost almost every time last time, and I still suck, but if it will get you to go then hell with it.
you have to practice for it D:

And it is dependent mostly on things like paycheck and if Reflex and Kismet go (and have space) -- they drive like within ten minutes of my house.

nintendoboyyy22

Smash Journeyman
lol i aint goin to GG tourneys anymore, i only said i might go to rocketown.

lol results were like this i think:

1st tourney- 1st Will, 2nd nboy, 3rd bunch o' ppl

2nd - 1st reflex, 2nd will, 3rd kismet

3rd - 1st midnight, idk the rest

4th - 1st will, 2nd midnight, 3rd phloat or something

lol i think thats it

Top Bottom