• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music City Smash

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
I would, but I don't have time to pick up another character @_@

gotta strengthen what I already know and add more to it.

If anybody's wanting to take my offer, notify me ahead of time. Like give me days notice.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
in August Melee is gonna get dropped for a new game that i plan to spam.

FINAL FANTASY DISSIDIA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slash you are welcome to chill with me at my place anytime man. We could have a smashfest !!!!
Ajax - shiek is fail MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
This BlazeBlue has peaked my interest, and I've always been a fan of guilty gear so why not. I'm down to learn, and it can't be to hard since I've played guilty gear.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Hey I was probably going to go to this thing this time if enough people from Huntsville were going but since you're banning MK, no chance.

That's just an utterly stupid thing to do.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Hey I was probably going to go to this thing this time if enough people from Huntsville were going but since you're banning MK, no chance.

That's just an utterly stupid thing to do.
meh. dont come. MK has been banned since last month.

Im pretty sure most everyone knows my standing on the whole MetaKnight/metagame issue. Hes gonna stay banned. In TN atleast. You should try another character. They can be fun sometimes.

Of all the fighting games that can be chosen, Dissidia? Uhhh ok.
have you even played Dissidia? Its pretty fun.

Why drop the good game KO : /
sadly there is no interest in this area so im gonna try something new. If it totally fails then we can always come back to melee

nooo wtf man up and have swr tourneys <3
Again no interest from the people who actually come every time. I <3 swr and melee but when 32 people come for one game and only 4 are there to enter in another i have to try something new.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I haven't had a chance to go up until now. I do play other characters, but I prefer the one I started the game with. I'm not going because I think banning MK is dumb and I want no part in a tourney that accepts that as standard. I don't know your stance because I haven't had the free time to read up on the threads of random tourneys I can't attend.

Basically, this is more of a "I am boycotting this on principle" than "I won't be able to play my favorite character" sort of thing.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
Again no interest from the people who actually come every time. I <3 swr and melee but when 32 people come for one game and only 4 are there to enter in another i have to try something new.
KO.... </3

...you still have my controller too I think Rayku left it again.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
I haven't had a chance to go up until now. I do play other characters, but I prefer the one I started the game with. I'm not going because I think banning MK is dumb and I want no part in a tourney that accepts that as standard. I don't know your stance because I haven't had the free time to read up on the threads of random tourneys I can't attend.

Basically, this is more of a "I am boycotting this on principle" than "I won't be able to play my favorite character" sort of thing.
thats understandable. I just dont like having a character that centralizes a metagame.

KO.... </3

...you still have my controller too I think Rayku left it again.
I guess you have to come to the next BatGG. teehee

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
I guess you have to come to the next BatGG. teehee
Sneaky little... if there were an SWR tourney I would be there already ;)

I would like to go to this though, still. I don't know of anyone from GA necessarily going... but I could maybe talk to some Alabama folk. (Looking at Reflex mostly, since everyone else would live far enough west they won't be coming through GA anyway)

NES Noob: We'll have to play some Guilty Gear if I come up again. I learned the basics of it yesterday...

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman

Bolded sums up my feelings. I'm still attending just as I do every other one though..

also, Final Fantasy sux etc etc

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
Final Fantasy sux or not WHY WOULD WE PLAY A FAN SERVICE FIGHTING GAME. It's clearly made to cater to fans and isn't really made to be played competitively and therefore all cares about balance were simply thrown to the wind...

oh wait

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
Yer Mother Caleb

Final Fantasy sux or not WHY WOULD WE PLAY A FAN SERVICE FIGHTING GAME. It's clearly made to cater to fans and isn't really made to be played competitively and therefore all cares about balance were simply thrown to the wind...

oh wait
Hahahahahaha

j00t

Smash Champion
If this tourney is for charity again, then I'll probably come with Andy (assuming he goes of course)

-Chad-

Slackerator
Screw dissidia, I've read up about it and it looks like something I could play for fun but not for any kind of competitive play. How the hell are you going to run a tournament for that anyway, how many people have PSPs and have the game?

I'm not entirely sure I want to come for just Brawl. I came the other time for just brawl because I wanted to help charity.

TheShadowz

Smash Apprentice
Screw dissidia, I've read up about it and it looks like something I could play for fun but not for any kind of competitive play. How the hell are you going to run a tournament for that anyway, how many people have PSPs and have the game?.
This times a million.

I've got a PSP, and the only way that I'd have Dissidia is if I pirated it. (which I'm not.)

I don't play Melee, but its still fun to watch.

Petition to play Melee and Brawl at the next tourney:
1. Shadw

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
This times a million. I've got a PSP, and the only way that I'd have Dissidia is if I pirated it. (which I'm not.) I don't play Melee, but its still fun to watch. Petition to play Melee and Brawl at the next tourney: 1. Shadw
first off im sad no one is paying attention. Second off how many off you have actually played dissidia? Im probably the only one. Its a really fun game and its rather fast paced compared to melee and brawl.

dissidia comes to the US in august guys (you wont have to pirate it). Thats when im planning to hold a dissidia tournament. Now quit being babies about dropping melee. Its not happening for a while.

if you guys wanna try to hold swr again be my guest but dont expect much.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
first off im sad no one is paying attention. Second off how many off you have actually played dissidia? Im probably the only one. Its a really fun game and its rather fast paced compared to melee and brawl.

dissidia comes to the US in august guys (you wont have to pirate it). Thats when im planning to hold a dissidia tournament. Now quit being babies about dropping melee. Its not happening for a while.

if you guys wanna try to hold swr again be my guest but dont expect much.

Edit: realized post was way too long. I doubt there will be that much interest and definitely no one will practice making potential interest in even watching not that good. Handheld fighting games don't sound the best anyway. There are alot of other fighting games out there why not have a side tourney for them?

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
I think we should have F-Zero GX side tourneys. 4 way races, play a circuit of 5 tracks?
Or better yet, somehow get Primal Rage going.

Half kidding aside, please please please please I don't think we really need so much "side" stuff. We have Brawl, we have Melee, we have SWR (except nobody wants to play it except say, 4 or 5 of us. You know who you are!) I think that's plenty. I forgot Dissidia(sp?) was on the PSP. That just...that doesn't really work. There's no way to really watch people play it, and it being a handheld game, it just feels like it wouldn't be decent to control. I may be wrong, of course. I've never really touched a PSP for more than 5 minutes.

Also regarding practicing and such, yea, I don't own a PSP. Don't see any reason to even buy one. Even if I played this game and enjoyed it, it wouldn't be reason enough for me to buy a whole new handheld console just to play it at a tournament.

final fantasy sux etc etc

j00t

Smash Champion
Would do that...well not primal rage but Fzero haha. Also I will be sure to enter SWR next time. ;)
You would win f-zero because you main CF in Melee. :p

I'm going if Andy is going. I didn't even see the Melee side tourney. :p

Milln

Smash Champion
The only thing I have to add to the conversation is that SWR Tournaments won't happen anymore because I was severely let down by the dismal level of interest. If only 4 or 5 people want to play, there's little point in having a competition.

I have not played Dissidia. I don't have a Psp anymore because I realized I never played it. >,> I might (this is a very large might) pick up the Dissidia bundle when it comes out.

BlazBlue is the shiz.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
The only thing I have to add to the conversation is that SWR Tournaments won't happen anymore because I was severely let down by the dismal level of interest. If only 4 or 5 people want to play, there's little point in having a competition.
If you think so or whatever, but I will still play it (SWR) with you and I guess Blazeblu, but I will have no clue how to play that.

Smash bros players can't agree to play one game for side tourneys. ='(

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
You would win f-zero because you main CF in Melee. :p

I'm going if Andy is going. I didn't even see the Melee side tourney. :p
Oh please. I'd dominate all over NES_N00b in F-Zero

I have not played Dissidia. I don't have a Psp anymore because I realized I never played it. >,> I might (this is a very large might) pick up the Dissidia bundle when it comes out.

BlazBlue is the shiz.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Top Bottom