• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music City Smash

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
Lets make up for it next time, everyone needs to go to the next monthly, and hell, Milln wasnt gonna be there, so God was angry.

Fatchu

Smash Journeyman
Martin Methodist College or Murfreesboro, TN
Hey guys, brand new melee player here. Just started playing a few days ago, and came to this board looking to see if their were any melee players in the boro and lo and behold there is a tourney like 2 mins away from my house.

So, are any melee people coming to this still?

and if so, you got room for 2/3 more? Me and a couple of friends who've been playing a lot longer than me but aren't super srs or anything.

also is there still gonna be a tourney? or is it just more of a smashfest/hangout thing now?
Yeah bro theres some people over here now so just come on by.

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
Yea, I think Kain and I are going with weather johns. I really really wanted to come to this one, but I suppose all of that white crap outside won't allow that. I suppose theres next month..

Milln

Smash Champion
Lets make up for it next time, everyone needs to go to the next monthly, and hell, Milln wasnt gonna be there, so God was angry.
*swims around in the snow* You're correct, Zeon. This is the upstairs' way of showing that they're sorry I couldn't go, and gave me stuff to play in, albeit to the chagrin of most of other regulars that KO will no PedoMolest.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Today we had Virginia and Bloshi come up/down to the tourney. We still had some fun. Would have been better had more people came. First time (probably the only time) we got done at like 3pm.

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
After this post ive decided I will never miss another major tournment, you have my word.
Man...those look like some good times, and I ****ING DIED when that guy did the master hand and crazy hand stuff on the projector, too ****ing good....

**** , maybe I should just come to KO's for a halfway point to tournaments, im not sure how often all of you guys get together and go, but I know sure as hell I dont have the patience to drive 3-10 hours to get to a tournament by myself.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
First Post updated with new Date and Such. Melee stages have been changed to be more suitable to the current metagame.

Also i would like to hear some input on B+ CP stages.

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
might wanna throw in the SSE Jungle with a (Doubles) tag for starters, if we're doing that for doubles.

I'm presuming the floor to Skyworld hasn't really changed at all(out of the loop on B+) so I'm a bit... iffy about that, but I do see why it's a CP. Other than that this is pretty solid no complaints.

Only thing I could possibly... chirp in about is the removal of PS1 from competition period. I understand why it was done, but completely taking it out of the picture to just straight up banned is kinda out there. I think it's a legit stage. More on this when I get home.

Seiki

Smash Apprentice
I didn't see brawl+ doubles cp stages. I was thinking that Yoshi's Island be removed for doubles if not already. Maybe replace it with SSE stage. And also maybe waiting room as a cp, but I wish the brawl+ team would lower the ceiling for it. It's ridiculously high.

As for PS1. I understand and we have discussed about this before, but even though it promotes camping it is still a legit tourny stage. It's kind of like banning falco's lasers because it promotes him to camp. While yes it does promote him to camp it does not mean it is broken or unfair.

And finally, I wish Distant Planet was tourny legit...I just love that stage. :]

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Both stages lists have been changed around a bit. I added PS1 to CPs, Also switched around the randoms.

Also made Stage Striking the way to pick the first neutral

shapular

Smash Ace
Aww, no Poke Floats? I was totally going to use that stage as my main CP in a desperate attempt to make up for my lack of Melee skill (and I still don't really have a main).

If PS1 promotes camping, then Distant Planet waves huge signs that say "PLEASE CAMP NOW!!!" I would know because I camp on that stage >_>

Also, this the day after VandyLAN, which means I could go to Brawl+ tournaments two days in a row :o

BunBun

Smash Master
Yo KO, do you have to make that stagelist change? You didn't update the first match info for stage striking, which was the only way that these starters work.

Also lol @ jungle japes, and where is Rainbow Cruise?

More better would be the old way, but with stage striking:

Singles random select stages:

Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams
Dreamland 64
Pokemon Stadium
Kongo Jungle 64

Stages for Counterpick:

Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Corneria
Mute City

Or you can do what the backroom currently has (****, IMO)

Starter:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams
Dreamland 64

Counterpick:
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium
Kongo Jungle.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
Yo KO, do you have to make that stagelist change? You didn't update the first match info for stage striking, which was the only way that these starters work.

Also lol @ jungle japes, and where is Rainbow Cruise?

More better would be the old way, but with stage striking:

Singles random select stages:

Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams
Dreamland 64
Pokemon Stadium
Kongo Jungle 64

Stages for Counterpick:

Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Corneria
Mute City

Or you can do what the backroom currently has (****, IMO)

Starter:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams
Dreamland 64

Counterpick:
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium
Kongo Jungle.
Honestly buns I like the backstage list better. I mean lets for a second think about this, corneria and mute city are out. Do you know how hard it is for most characters to win on thoes stages. Especially since if I choose thoes stages I am going fox. <.< just a thought

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Yo KO + Stuff.
Yeah I kinda like Japes. I think it has much more fighting than poke floats or Rainbow cruise. I knew that one was iffy though.

Also I don't remember Kongo Jungle 64 ever being a neutral. Ganon freaking loves that stage (vs Shiek)

If no one but me likes japes ill take it off. If you guys want corneria im cool with that too. Its just really really op for fox. But im not gonna keep Mute city (aka jigglypeachland)

ps i fixed some things on first post again.

Suicide finish rule change.

Seiki

Smash Apprentice
@ Shapular, I was just joking about Distant Planet >_>; but I do like it and the music selection for it.

Seiki

Smash Apprentice
KO, please remove SSE Jungle and online waiting from singles cp. They are way too big/ super high ceilings.

BunBun

Smash Master
Lol dude I love Japes xD

Corneria, while it is definitely good for Fox, it is also good for quite a few other characters. I think it should definitely stay on CP

KJ 64 was never a neutral, but in order to get 7 stages in starter for stage striking, it would be the one that gets moved over from CP.

I'll play on just about any stage and enjoy it. I hate Flat Zone and Venom, but that's about it. I was just pointing out the oddity of your ruleset, but totally do what you want. I would be fine with a MK2 only tournament =P

Top Bottom