• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music City Smash

Milln

Smash Champion
Excellent! Wait...milln...cant come...

Everyone go back home.
Trufax.

Hmm...people around me are not wanting me to go because of the weather. Says the roads will probably be bad, I like the chance of death though, EXCELLENT.
This is why I <3 ZeonStar and he needs to hang out more often. XD

It's already coming down hard in Cookeville. Unless the sky miraculously clears up, I'm going to have to call weather johns on this one.
KO's gonna molest you if you bail out.

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
This is looking pretty bad, I dont think we are coming, ****! KO, you better reschedule this for next weekend or something >_>

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
rescheduling is kinda not an option seeing as i have to give my work some notice. (2 weeks or so) Im willing to drive and Pick people up tonight if i can get out of working tonight. Seeing as my car is a tank it should be fine. The snow isnt really that bad, but if you suck at driving then i wouldnt suggest going out in it.

what milln says is true. I will molest you if you bail out. God ****ed weather and its god ****ed bad timing.

all im gonna say is, is that its white out conditions in New York right now. and they are still driving and going to school and stuff. learn2driveinsnow

Milln

Smash Champion
rescheduling is kinda not an option seeing as i have to give my work some notice. (2 weeks or so) Im willing to drive and Pick people up tonight if i can get out of working tonight. Seeing as my car is a tank it should be fine. The snow isnt really that bad, but if you suck at driving then i wouldnt suggest going out in it.

what milln says is true. I will molest you if you bail out. God ****ed weather and its god ****ed bad timing.

all im gonna say is, is that its white out conditions in New York right now. and they are still driving and going to school and stuff. learn2driveinsnow
While I agree that the snow isn't that bad, I also disagree.

It's over 4 inches already and will proceed to get worse. It will also be dark and difficult to see roads and potential icy patches. If people drive long ways and don't take care, we'll prolly kill the Middle Tennessee/Alabama/Georgia area cause no one in the south knows how to drive in snow.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
While I agree that the snow isn't that bad, I also disagree.

It's over 4 inches already and will proceed to get worse. It will also be dark and difficult to see roads and potential icy patches. If people drive long ways and don't take care, we'll prolly kill the Middle Tennessee/Alabama/Georgia area cause no one in the south knows how to drive in snow.
meh, I'm still really hoping everyone will come. but its def not over 4 inches. its like 1-2 right now. supposed to get to 4 by 7pm. but i doubt it will come to that cause snow is supposed to stop after a while. (by 7ish) but that doesnt mean the roads will clear up..... sigh

says wintery mix tonight cause its supposed to warm up to just below freezing (which is good so the snow doesnt turn to ice)

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
Well, I dont know, please keep us updated, I really really really want to come, but they are saying roads are closed and covered in ice.

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
Over at Kain's house theres a lot of snow everywhere, and its still coming down. Quite hard in fact. If the roads don't clear up tomorrow then we won't make it.

BunBun

Smash Master
New York has an entire organization that works to take care of the roads and maintain them during snow and ice.

TN does not (well, we've got 4 guys and a pickup truck full of salt...).

It has nothing to do with snow anyway. Ice is going to **** everything (and is starting to). They closed down part of I40 this morning.

Besides, there'd be no way for us Memphians to get back once everything refreezes lol

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
New York has an entire organization that works to take care of the roads and maintain them during snow and ice.

TN does not (well, we've got 4 guys and a pickup truck full of salt...).

It has nothing to do with snow anyway. Ice is going to **** everything (and is starting to). They closed down part of I40 this morning.

Besides, there'd be no way for us Memphians to get back once everything refreezes lol
^^^

This this and this. Also, **** YEAH FREE FOURTH PLACE, **** it, we will just have to have a ****ing orgy.

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
sigh. i even cleaned my room for you guys. **** it.
Dude, I feel like **** too, and since im a bodybuilder now, and I have to diet all the time, I got depressed and started eating pizza bites and everything that I could find in the kitchen.

Thats my equivalent of drinking :laugh:

shapular

Smash Ace

Last time I checked, this is Tennessee. It never snows here, so people don't know how to drive in it. I've never even driven in snow. Call me crazy, but I like my life better than Brawl+. And at this rate, there will be 10 people at the most there. I'd love to come, and I hate it for you that this happened, but if the weather keeps up like this then I'm not coming.

EDIT: Watching two disgruntled Happy Mask Salesmen at the same time is pretty awesome.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Last time I checked, this is Tennessee. It never snows here, so people don't know how to drive in it. I've never even driven in snow. Call me crazy, but I like my life better than Brawl+. And at this rate, there will be 10 people at the most there. I'd love to come, and I hate it for you that this happened, but if the weather keeps up like this then I'm not coming.

EDIT: Watching two disgruntled Happy Mask Salesmen at the same time is pretty awesome.
last time i checked it snows like this ATLEAST once a year(thats not a lot but still enough to know how to drive in it). seeing as i've lived in TN almost my entire life. the only way you would die driving in this weather is if you were a complete and total dumb ***. ridiculous comments are ridiculous. that being said I dont expect too many people to come anyway.

Also the weather is slowing down but if it warms up too much all the snow will melt and then turn to ice overnight. If you do want to come (this is to everyone) then I would suggest coming today. Ill take care of everyone who comes.

Met

Smash Ace
yo you guys no offense are ******* we got a four and a half hour drive if yall don't come you will miss out on the greatest crew of all time... besides the ones that are better then us..

big blubbering vajaja's

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
welp since absolutely no one except fatchu and Met are willing to come (met is coming from VA btw) im just gonna cancel this monthly unless by some ungodly reason the snow all melts

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
met is still coming if you want me to come pick you guys up in Antioch/ Nashville let me know im not gonna completely cancel out. Just call me if you wanna come

WAPE

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, brand new melee player here. Just started playing a few days ago, and came to this board looking to see if their were any melee players in the boro and lo and behold there is a tourney like 2 mins away from my house.

So, are any melee people coming to this still?

and if so, you got room for 2/3 more? Me and a couple of friends who've been playing a lot longer than me but aren't super srs or anything.

also is there still gonna be a tourney? or is it just more of a smashfest/hangout thing now?

Doromac

Smash Journeyman
I'm staring at a semi thats half on the road and half off thats stuck.
God ****it! Motha****as got fury mang.

xFayt

Smash Cadet
So yeah, I haven't been able to come for like the past 5 months? and I planned on coming to this one, but I call weather johns, KO.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Unfortunately I live on a very large hill, at the end of said hill is a very large ditch, and making this much worse is about 6 inches of snow. Needless to say I won't be coming to this, sorry this is most unfortunate cause I was planning on going. Oh well there is always next monthly I suppose.

Met

Smash Ace
Hey guys, brand new melee player here. Just started playing a few days ago, and came to this board looking to see if their were any melee players in the boro and lo and behold there is a tourney like 2 mins away from my house.

So, are any melee people coming to this still?

and if so, you got room for 2/3 more? Me and a couple of friends who've been playing a lot longer than me but aren't super srs or anything.

also is there still gonna be a tourney? or is it just more of a smashfest/hangout thing now?
you should come we are here

Top Bottom