• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music City Smash

-Chad-

Slackerator
I know a lot got saved...although every match I played I forgot to save unless my opponent did for me haha...so used to just STARTSTARTSTART NEXT MATCH NOW.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
*relates* I think I just hate being the one to make people wait when they're ready for the next game, so I just press start without thinking really. XD

Soo next one isn't until the 10th eh? D'aw.

Ah well. Get those vids up (if there are any)! I wanna seeee. Also, the rest of last time's. I wanna know if the like three matches I got recorded were any good or just me choking/failing. XD Plus I think I missed some of the finals/semis?

Lastly, new official build! Good thing I just found a save station in MP2; gotta see if Marth feels any better than he did in the last nightly. :laugh:

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
*relates* I think I just hate being the one to make people wait when they're ready for the next game, so I just press start without thinking really. XD

Soo next one isn't until the 10th eh? D'aw.

Ah well. Get those vids up (if there are any)! I wanna seeee. Also, the rest of last time's. I wanna know if the like three matches I got recorded were any good or just me choking/failing. XD Plus I think I missed some of the finals/semis?

Lastly, new official build! Good thing I just found a save station in MP2; gotta see if Marth feels any better than he did in the last nightly. :laugh:
got it, played around with it. Not too happy about what they did with MK. He feels really sluggish to me now. also, Falcon's knee got toned down a bit too :/

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
Haha, that's too bad I guess. :/

Well, at least that doesn't effect me. 8D Zamus' improved dair is awesomesauce (just a few minutes ago a dsmash or dthrow or dash attack or dtilt or somethin' buffered into a dair when frigate flipped, and I survived it! |D), and Marth actually feels like Marth again. Ike doesn't feel much different, if at all (I wish they'd remove his helpless-state after side-b somehow, though...). So so far I quite like it! :D

Also, even though I'm playing against CPUs atm, Zamus vs. Ganon on RC is <3. XD

Can't wait 'til oct. 10th now. :D Hopefully I won't lose track of the days again...

Rayku

Smash Lord
Yeah that kinda sucks but you gotta admit, it was a little too easy to land....but it was badass :laugh:!
Yes. It was easy to land.

With the lack of freezing once the knee connected, I'm afraid its badassery was reduced.

I'll have to try out this official build on MOnday or something.

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
Yes. It was easy to land.

With the lack of freezing once the knee connected, I'm afraid its badassery was reduced.

I'll have to try out this official build on MOnday or something.
I still find the Knee easy to land. They just toned down knockback, and also gave some of the freezing back, which is quite badass yes. Tell me if I'm wrong here, but doesn't that moment of freezing give the victim a window for SDI? I'm unsure about that, but if so then :(

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
I still find the Knee easy to land. They just toned down knockback, and also gave some of the freezing back, which is quite badass yes. Tell me if I'm wrong here, but doesn't that moment of freezing give the victim a window for SDI? I'm unsure about that, but if so then :(
thats why they added Hitlag back into the game. Like Pikachu's Down Smash. Its not almost impossible to SDI out of it now. Its more like Melee knee with less kill potential.

Rayku

Smash Lord
If what I heard a long time ago about vBrawl is true, then you can't Smash DI

Marth's Tipper Fsmash
Zelda's Toe (F-air/B-air)
Captain Falcon's Knee

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
But you can now =o (in B+)

Looked into it. Is it bad if the thing I'm most curious about is Bowser's Flame Cancelling?
not really all it does in Cancel the Initial Startup on Bowser's Flame breath. It was in Melee and they added it to B+. Its good but not that great. Cause in vBrawl the Startup wasnt that bad but the cooldown was terrible.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
once you get used to the Hitlag he is still the same old MK. No real changes. Papstr you should Play Yoshi if you dont like MK now. Ill teach you the ways of the Yoshi.

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
once you get used to the Hitlag he is still the same old MK. No real changes. Papstr you should Play Yoshi if you dont like MK now. Ill teach you the ways of the Yoshi.
I'm quite content with Falcon atm anyway. I only really use MK in dubz, and last I checked, Slash was dumping me for somebody else cuz he's a jerkface.

I haven't fully explored the roster in Brawl+. I'll give Yoshi a try some time, and if I do grow to like him, you'll be the first person I seek out.

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
I love bowsers flame canceling, and his overall feel now, he has a much better fastfall. His flame canceling is where you use his flame as he lands, creating an instant flame without startup, sort of like an autocanceled flame, pretty badass.

Oh noes! MK isnt a broken ***** now! He feels like a normal character! Lets stop using him!

-Chad-

Slackerator
It just gave him more options is all. He can still do the floaty aerials too so it's cool. It's actually better than melee in that respect cause I think you HAD to DJC if you did an aerial in the air as opposed to being able to choose in Brawl+

Kinda cool to me.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
It just gave him more options is all. He can still do the floaty aerials too so it's cool. It's actually better than melee in that respect cause I think you HAD to DJC if you did an aerial in the air as opposed to being able to choose in Brawl+

Kinda cool to me.
I plan on winning the next monthly with yoshi. He is too good now.

Yeah. Not trying to be like Melee at all. (not that there's anything wrong with that).
Dont hate lol you should Play Brawl+ with ness he is so good now

Ahah, that's not how I feel at all. But by all means, think what you want ;)
Seriously hes Not that bad especially in the right hands. MK is still pretty stupid.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
Actually I think they fixed the buffer issue. You just have to have the same codeset.

Also, I plan on winning or at least placing in the next tourney. :D

...No really.

...Don't laugh. I'm not that bad. D|

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Im pretty sure New Yoshi is going to storm the scene. Ive been wrecking everyone with yoshi. I don't even wanna bust him out in friendlies he is so good. Awwwww Yeah

So KO have you seen a black and orange phone around? I have looked in all the places it could be and could not find my phone so do you have it?
I havnt but i havnt looked either. I do however have someone's charger.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
No vBrawl is meh.
Might show up and play BlazBlue, though.
Might do Brawl+ teams though, if I can:
A) Learn the game, and what's different.
B) Get a decent partner.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
4 days without a post on this thread? Where did everyone go?

So Papstr and I are taking teams it seems. Slash doesn't seem to be able to make this one (he was my partner) but Ill take his Partner instead.

No vBrawl is meh.
Might show up and play BlazBlue, though.
Might do Brawl+ teams though, if I can:
A) Learn the game, and what's different.
B) Get a decent partner.
If you stay at my Apt then you will get all the learn experience you will be able to handle. And I wont pass out this time.

Milln

Smash Champion
Desudesudesudesudesudesudesudesudesudesudesudesudesudesudesudesudesu

=3

Hiiii

Note: BlazBlue is iffy at this point. It's too much to lug around. I'm considering not hosting it until the updated balanced(moreso anyway) game comes out.

Doublenote: My attendance is also iffy. Got a lot going on in my store that weekend and the days after and before. (Mgr Meetings, New Employee Orientation events, etc.)

Top Bottom