• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music City Smash

xFayt

Smash Cadet
Neither me or slash can make it to this one.

Slash is in the hospital and I might have plans. I might drop by and give KO some body.

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
Neither me or slash can make it to this one.

Slash is in the hospital and I might have plans. I might drop by and give KO some body.
How is Slash doing? I am have concern.

Regarding that picture, that wasn't Nips that you labeled as Nips xD It was..er, Player 5. Also, gotta love how Kain isn't labeled..he's just so unimportant.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
d'aw. it's not that he's unimportant, it's that he's SO important he doesn't NEED a label. :D

Also. Crap. I COMPLETELY forgot tomorrow was today is the 12th. I've been fully nocturnal lately and figured I wouldn't bother changing it 'cause I had nothing to do in the day anyway. But one of the consequences of that is my already worthless sense of time is thrown off even more.

Long story short: I guess I can't make it tomorrow either. D:

Which isn't entirely bad. I'm getting the infamous Disc Read Error so I haven't been able to play any form of brawl for like... a week or more. I've BARELY been able to play Metroid, even. >.< I'm looking into the whole usb loader deal, but even if I can get that done tonight that wouldn't impact tomorrow. XD

Next time fo sho, though. I need to let you guys beat me up 'til I work at least my Zamus--if not my Marth and/or Ike--up to beast status. :D

'til then, though, are the vids from last time up yet? XD

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
It seems like many people can't make this one. Sad to say but me and my crew can't make it to this one either(pretty short notice I know). Regarding slash, I hope its nothing serious....

-Chad-

Slackerator
@Bosco- If you want your Cave Story shirt, talk to me on AIM, or PM me what kind of things you would like on it so I have an idea. Or just say surprise you, also a good choice.

Milln

Smash Champion
I'll have my shoutouts in the form of the videos I took which will get put up soonish.

I'd like to note that the October GG+ will be the last one I can make until 1st Quarter, being management in retail and all.

-Chad-

Slackerator
Pretty fun.

I think the top 4 were

1st- InspectorZenigata(Captain Falcon)
2nd- Phloat (Wario)
3rd- KO (Yoshi/DDD?)
4th- Shadow(Metaknight)
5th- Miln (Squirtle/Lucario)

After that I'm not sure. I think NES Noob also got 5th with Captain Falcon.

But yeah this was pretty fun. KO post the results already!

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Pretty fun.

I think the top 4 were

1st- InspectorZenigata(Captain Falcon)
2nd- Phloat (Wario)
3rd- KO (Yoshi/DDD?)
4th- Shadow(Metaknight)
5th- Miln (Squirtle/Lucario)

After that I'm not sure. I think NES Noob also got 5th with Captain Falcon.

But yeah this was pretty fun. KO post the results already!
jeeze alright already

Dubs

1: Phloat/Shadw ($72.00) (Wario/MK)
2: KOKingpin/Milln ($36.00) (DK,Yoshi/Squirtle,Lucario)
3: DrunkenInspectorMoore/InspectorZenigata ($12.00) (Capt Falcon/Capt Falcon)
4: Slash/Papstr (Poon Stink/MK)
5: Naimat/Hyperdragon (Falco/Luigi)
6: Elijah/Mimik (Marth/Wolf)

Singles

1: InsepctorZenigata ($96.00) (Capt Falcon)
2: Phloat ($48.00) (Wario)
3: KOKingpin ($16.00) (Yoshi)
4: Shadw (MK)
5: DrunkenInspectorMoore (Capt Falcon)
5: Milln (Squirtle)
7: MR.Deluxe (Lucas)
7: Brady (Game And Watch)
9: Alex (Falco)
9: RichardMoore (Luigi)
9: Jimmy
9: Power_of_Slash (Poon Stink)
13: Seiki-Naimat (Falco/Shiek)
13: Elijah (Marth)
13: Kain (ZSS)
13: Snowcap

Superior Attack!

TheShadowz

Smash Apprentice
Guess what guys? I broke my curse! I won my 2nd round! =D

bawwww @ no 4th place money this time :urg:, whatevs, I'll just have to win next time!

You know I hate playing you Phloat :ohwell:, 3 sd's and a bike kill during that last match FTL. I need to figure out why I always choke when I fight you. The first two games were really close though.

shapular

Smash Ace
Woot, 7th place :D pretty good for my first tourney. This is Brady btw. Good games all, I look forward to seeing you all (and maybe some of those people who couldn't make this one) at whatever the next one is that I can go to.

Blinds

Smash Cadet
So... when's the next one? I'll need to visit Nashville soon, and I'd like to time it so I can get some Brawl+ awesome times :3.

Astaroth136

Smash Rookie
He doesn't even want to play us if it's not for his own monetary gain.

Sadfaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well, I didn't really wanna take an hour ride just to teach people how to play BB. If I would've given it my all and slaughtered the players, then it wouldn't have been fun for you guys (or me). Either way, I did homework most of that day anyway.

Although, I could've given Brawl+ a try. I would like to feel the differences between vBrawl and +.

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman

Well, I didn't really wanna take an hour ride just to teach people how to play BB. If I would've given it my all and slaughtered the players, then it wouldn't have been fun for you guys (or me). Either way, I did homework most of that day anyway.

Although, I could've given Brawl+ a try. I would like to feel the differences between vBrawl and +.
Oh pft. Bring it on buddy. I'll tear you to shreads! You're nothin' bro! Nothin'!
Please don't hurt me

The differences that matter.

Falcon is good.

That is it.
This.

Milln

Smash Champion

If you're hoping that Middle Tennessee's BB community thrives, not wanting to teach people matchups and nuances is counter-productive. I understand that you're busy, but I had an hour drive, myself, just to play the game, and made sure that I had off that day from work, just to play the game with others in a lag-free environment while teaching others about the game and getting onlookers interested. Also, [insert comment about BB players in Middle Tennessee not being as horrible as you think they are].

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
first page and Title updated. yes. it is nice.

btw slash that girl was super sexy with her piercings and tats and what not. Steak and shake antioch is officially the stalker chill spot.

and yes that was nips. thats what he put his name as the first time i met him. As for Kain i could remember if it was Kain or Acid. I always get those two mixed up

Astaroth136

Smash Rookie
If you're hoping that Middle Tennessee's BB community thrives, not wanting to teach people matchups and nuances is counter-productive. I understand that you're busy, but I had an hour drive, myself, just to play the game, and made sure that I had off that day from work, just to play the game with others in a lag-free environment while teaching others about the game and getting onlookers interested. Also, [insert comment about BB players in Middle Tennessee not being as horrible as you think they are].
Well, for one, our situations are different. You didn't just go for BB. You had Brawl+ with plenty of players.

Second, not only was I busy, but I really didn't have a ride that day either. My friend that drove last time was at MTSU.

Lastly, I never said that Middle Tennessee was horrible at BB, but you can't deny that the last time I went, a lot of people were just starting to grasp it. This certainly didn't upset me though, because BB was getting attention.

I'll try my hardest to attend Oct. 10th, and hopefully a lot of people can make it. Besides, I need PS3 practice anyway, especially for the HUGE January 9th tournament.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Well, for one, our situations are different. You didn't just go for BB. You had Brawl+ with plenty of players.

Second, not only was I busy, but I really didn't have a ride that day either. My friend that drove last time was at MTSU.

Lastly, I never said that Middle Tennessee was horrible at BB, but you can't deny that the last time I went, a lot of people were just starting to grasp it. This certainly didn't upset me though, because BB was getting attention.

I'll try my hardest to attend Oct. 10th, and hopefully a lot of people can make it. Besides, I need PS3 practice anyway, especially for the HUGE January 9th tournament.
Oh if you ever need a ride From MTSU or somewhere near here I'd be glad to pick you up. I normally drive by myself on the way up to the venue. You should try playing Brawl+. Ill teach you the Yoshi Combos.

ps for the most part Middle TN is bad at BB. fyi. There are exceptions

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
I might actually be in Florida on the 10th.

For what reason, I don't know. Middle of school year, and then SHABAM we're going to Ft. Lauderdale, I think.

I'll double check.

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
first page and Title updated. yes. it is nice.

btw slash that girl was super sexy with her piercings and tats and what not. Steak and shake antioch is officially the stalker chill spot.

and yes that was nips. thats what he put his name as the first time i met him. As for Kain i could remember if it was Kain or Acid. I always get those two mixed up
oh. well whatever. He has changed his name alot. Maybe I've forgotten.. I don't see how you could mix up Kain and Acid though. :urg:

Oh if you ever need a ride From MTSU or somewhere near here I'd be glad to pick you up. I normally drive by myself on the way up to the venue. You should try playing Brawl+. Ill teach you the Yoshi Combos.

:laugh: yea well people improve with time.

Astaroth136

Smash Rookie

Well, I live in Lebanon, and I was at home at the time. Thanks though.

As for the "Middle Tennessee is bad at BB" thing, I wouldn't say they're "bad." Bad implies they try really hard to be good (and think they're good), but they just... aren't. Most of Middle Tennessee just doesn't try though. They don't really practice or study frames and strings. In other words, they're inexperienced. "Bad" sounds like an insult...

Milln

Smash Champion

Awesome, people misunderstand what I say.

Yeah, I didn't just go for BB, but me and others did sit there and play it for a good portion of the day.

I understand that you were busy. I never said you weren't. I only stated that in the event of business(Since i'm also incredibly busy, myself), I made room for that day. You might not have that luxury, and that's okay. Was jus' sayin'. Both me and KO will always drive out to pick people up.

Not directly saying that MidTen is horrible at BB and implying it by saying that you'd slaughter everyone is the same thing. However, I will deny that people that played last time were just grasping it. We had 11 people? You, Me, Tadg, Boom Cube, Phil, Fizz, Midnight, Mistik(although he did drop a bunch of combos, he was only a little below my level). The only thing wrong with these people could be matchup experience.

Everyone else, yeah, they were just grasping. All 3 of them.

Shoutouts are up as soon as I figure out how to make the videos stop sucking.

Astaroth136

Smash Rookie
Awesome, people misunderstand what I say.

Yeah, I didn't just go for BB, but me and others did sit there and play it for a good portion of the day.

I understand that you were busy. I never said you weren't. I only stated that in the event of business(Since i'm also incredibly busy, myself), I made room for that day. You might not have that luxury, and that's okay. Was jus' sayin'. Both me and KO will always drive out to pick people up.

Not directly saying that MidTen is horrible at BB and implying it by saying that you'd slaughter everyone is the same thing. However, I will deny that people that played last time were just grasping it. We had 11 people? You, Me, Tadg, Boom Cube, Phil, Fizz, Midnight, Mistik(although he did drop a bunch of combos, he was only a little below my level). The only thing wrong with these people could be matchup experience.

Everyone else, yeah, they were just grasping. All 3 of them.

Shoutouts are up as soon as I figure out how to make the videos stop sucking.

Ok, well, I wasn't trying to start arguments or knock the other BB players in TN. Although, I think compared to other areas, Mid TN is weak... considerably weak. Several factors affect this, like location and how popular the game is in the area.

Sadly, the "it" game will probably be Tekken 6 once it gets released for consoles, and most of the serious TN players are already playing it in arcades.

Top Bottom