• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music City Smash

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Sure, if we seem to have a good team after a few matches, we should.
id do a teams mm if i could use 4.2 falcon. Omg he is so effing crazy. Id do a doubles mm anyway.

also anyone besides zeon wanna mm my ivysaur? Im the most gimp of the pt trio. Or yoshi, the original pokemon.

_MidnighT_

Smash Apprentice
id do a teams mm if i could use 4.2 falcon. Omg he is so effing crazy. Id do a doubles mm anyway.

also anyone besides zeon wanna mm my ivysaur? Im the most gimp of the pt trio. Or yoshi, the original pokemon.
ill mm ur ivysaur x)

Rayku

Smash Lord

What version of Brawl+ are we using again? 4.1? I watched your videos of Ivysaur and I noticed some differences that are not in the version I have downloaded on my Wii (which I was under the assumption it was 4.1, the tournament build we will be using).

So what's up?

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
Wait...now that I remember, Ivysaur had some pretty crazy **** in 4.1 that was fixed in the nightlies, eh....but i shouldnt john.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
ivysaur is stupid lol. 10 percent damage back airs :_:
the best thing about ivysaur is the three free up airs from a down throw. With a possible up-b ko. Oh man its nasty nate reincarnate. Ivysaurs whole game plan is pretty nasty. He's just a bad off the ledge character. Kinda like diddy but not nearly as bad off the side. But anyway, im so hyped for this next monthly. Edit: i was sitting here at work and i thought that if things went rather fast we could do draft crews or some other side event for money or fun. Also anyone wanna ironman mm me? I'll explain what that is if you dont already know.

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
the best thing about ivysaur is the three free up airs from a down throw. With a possible up-b ko. Oh man its nasty nate reincarnate. Ivysaurs whole game plan is pretty nasty. He's just a bad off the ledge character. Kinda like diddy but not nearly as bad off the side. But anyway, im so hyped for this next monthly. Edit: i was sitting here at work and i thought that if things went rather fast we could do draft crews or some other side event for money or fun. Also anyone wanna ironman mm me? I'll explain what that is if you dont already know.
Explain away.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Explain away.
an irom man match is kinda like a crew battle except not have 5 people vs 5 people. Its when i pick 5 different chars vs your 5 different chars. We each pick a starter then counterpick with the other 4 we pick. Its amazingly fun. Ill do iron mans for free if no one wants to mm me.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
...subscribing to threads doesn't help if you never check for updates. -_-

^That iron man thing sounds fun! Only... I don't play B+. I have it, and have tried it, I just prefer vB. Mainly 'cause I don't want to have to learn different playstyles for my mains. XD

Also, for BB, would anyone be willing to let me borrow a controller? I don't have the PS3 or 360 (yet; that's part of why I wanna play it there, to decide which to get XD).

I'm asking these things here 'cause I know once in-person, I'll be far to shy to say or do anything. :p

KOkingpin

Smash Champion

^That iron man thing sounds fun! Only... I don't play B+. I have it, and have tried it, I just prefer vB. Mainly 'cause I don't want to have to learn different playstyles for my mains. XD
no offence and im not trying to be a butthole but that is a shallow way of thinking. Who are your mains? I can teach you how Take what you know in vBrawl and apply it to B+. Im pretty good with everyone but Olimar.

Besides the only truely good playstyle in B+ is Campy.

Im Aggro raep falcon!

_MidnighT_

Smash Apprentice
no offence and im not trying to be a butthole but that is a shallow way of thinking. Who are your mains? I can teach you how Take what you know in vBrawl and apply it to B+. Im pretty good with everyone but Olimar.

Besides the only truely good playstyle in B+ is Campy.

Im Aggro raep falcon!
tell it like it is <3

anyways viquey, b+ is easy to pick up. no worries <3

also ko, is BB gonna be on ps3/xbox360/both? :v i can bring a ps3 setup if needed

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
an irom man match is kinda like a crew battle except not have 5 people vs 5 people. Its when i pick 5 different chars vs your 5 different chars. We each pick a starter then counterpick with the other 4 we pick. Its amazingly fun. Ill do iron mans for free if no one wants to mm me.
That sounds like fun, not sure about a money match that way for me at least, since I only have 2 or 3 solid characters in Brawl+, but I might think about it, if not, we could just do Free matches.

Rayku

Smash Lord
KO I'll Iron Man you in Brawl+. I think that would be one EPIC set of matches. I think I just need a legit 4th and 5th character to pick. Right now I only have three people I'm "comfortable" with using.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
@KOkingpin: Eh, not so much shallow as me being picky. I'm willing to give it another go, though, especially since everyone else will be playing it. XD Also, my mains are Marth, ZSS, Peach and Ike.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
@KOkingpin: Eh, not so much shallow as me being picky. I'm willing to give it another go, though, especially since everyone else will be playing it. XD Also, my mains are Marth, ZSS, Peach and Ike.
I can give you some Training! I like those characters (i dont know a ton about ZSS but i know some effective stuffs!) Ike is so much fun in B+. You should come to the smashfest before the Tournament that I always have and I'll sit down with you and help you learn.

KO I'll Iron Man you in Brawl+. I think that would be one EPIC set of matches. I think I just need a legit 4th and 5th character to pick. Right now I only have three people I'm "comfortable" with using.
Sweet! lets just make it $5, 5 characters, 4 stocks each. OK?

That sounds like fun, not sure about a money match that way for me at least, since I only have 2 or 3 solid characters in Brawl+, but I might think about it, if not, we could just do Free matches.
Sounds like Funsies! I love Iron Man Matches

tell it like it is <3

also ko, is BB gonna be on ps3/xbox360/both? :v i can bring a ps3 setup if needed
its gonna be on Both. bring a setup plz!

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
I can give you some Training! I like those characters (i dont know a ton about ZSS but i know some effective stuffs!) Ike is so much fun in B+. You should come to the smashfest before the Tournament that I always have and I'll sit down with you and help you learn.
Ooh, i'd love that. When/where is this smashfest?

nintendoboyyy22

Smash Journeyman
Who is this Viquey? No sir.

I will always be the best Marth in TN <3 so sowwy chawwy.

Oww, Charlie, that really HURT!!!

Oww, Charlie, OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

Anyways, sup guys? /bored.

nintendoboyyy22

Smash Journeyman
Sup Midnight. Lol, I never was going, just accepted the invite KO gave me. It's funny cause I would have gotten second. O_O bunch o' noobs there cept you ko and slash.

And sorry, ma'am. But I can pretty much guarantee that I will always be the best Marth in TN, unless like Milln or Midnight or KO pick him up for awhile.

Anyways, just thought I'd catch up with you guys. Thanks for the warm welcome, Slash D: because of that, I will never consider attending another tournament again. D: you suck, i was gonna come to this one, but now you changed my mind. D:

loljk, never was going, brawl sux, you better win midnight or ajax for the cool normal crowd lol O_O no offense :p

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
Look at the title yo =o

it's B+ nao. and BlazBlue.

and I only get 9th in tournament foo, I shouldn't be in that list Lololol. Nah but there are gewd new faces that popped up that you're unaware of.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Ooh, i'd love that. When/where is this smashfest?
well we always have a smashfest the night before the tourney. which usually means we get very little sleep. but if we exchange numbers i always have random get togethers at my place. And i pretty much call everyone.

Sup Midnight. Lol, I never was going, just accepted the invite KO gave me. It's funny cause I would have gotten second. O_O bunch o' noobs there cept you ko and slash.

And sorry, ma'am. But I can pretty much guarantee that I will always be the best Marth in TN, unless like Milln or Midnight or KO pick him up for awhile.

Anyways, just thought I'd catch up with you guys. Thanks for the warm welcome, Slash D: because of that, I will never consider attending another tournament again. D: you suck, i was gonna come to this one, but now you changed my mind. D:

loljk, never was going, brawl sux, you better win midnight or ajax for the cool normal crowd lol O_O no offense :p
Yeah Brawl does suck. Play Brawl+ mmmmm

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman

I take offense to that sir, considering I tied with Slash :p
And if you're the best Marf in TN, why dont you come to tourneys and like, Marth it up. n stuff.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
This is Milln on KO's account. I'm over his house and was too lazy to log in. XD

I dunno guy, im not really that much of a cooldude when it comes to my 150 dollar limited edition stick D:
Let me touch it.

Also, for BB, would anyone be willing to let me borrow a controller? I don't have the PS3 or 360 (yet; that's part of why I wanna play it there, to decide which to get XD).

I'm asking these things here 'cause I know once in-person, I'll be far to shy to say or do anything. :p
Learn it anyway. It's not really different playstyles, it's just more effective ones. Yayness for happy n stuff. Just try it again with good company surrounding you. =3

tell it like it is <3

Miiiiiddyyyyyyyyyy! Omg tell me you play Tao so I can say "I don't have anymore food."

Whodafuk are you. All you ever do is come in here and act snotty. Ever since the first tournament and you were whining that no one cheered for you because everyone else knew DanGR you've been boring. And then when you get discouraged you make a big, narrowminded and selfcentered todo about how our lives are being wasted and how your baseball is way better than our video game to enthuse yourself. Dude no one cares about you and if you're ever going to come to a tournament. Good riddance, stay out. If you ever(not likely) do change your mind, your ticket in is 50 dollar money match my Brawl+ Squirtle.
Heck, learn to read, too; as Slash pointed out we're not even playing Brawl.
Another thing that's dumb is after you make a post insulting everyone and trying to trash talk, you state some remark that lets you back off like an octopus blowing a cloud of ink.

Look at the title yo =o

it's B+ nao. and BlazBlue.

and I only get 9th in tournament foo, I shouldn't be in that list Lololol. Nah but there are gewd new faces that popped up that you're unaware of.
New faces are so cool. I love meeting everyone. =3

+1 for KO's post count, courtesy of Millnorama. XD

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Well said milln that was pretty brutal lol anyway does anyone know who won the last tournament? Although vbrawl sucks I am curious about who won.

_MidnighT_

Smash Apprentice
Miiiiiddyyyyyyyyyy! Omg tell me you play Tao so I can say "I don't have anymore food."

of course. who doesnt love adhd cat ppl with oversized hoods <3. i use v13 too though, but tao is my favz0rz

Well said milln that was pretty brutal lol anyway does anyone know who won the last tournament? Although vbrawl sucks I am curious about who won.
if ur talking about funky fighter, i won that. im glad that everyone is so willing to learn b+ x) <3

Milln

Smash Champion
of course. who doesnt love adhd cat ppl with oversized hoods <3. i use v13 too though, but tao is my favz0rz
Tao has the best entrances. =3 *BOOM* Face. Hahaha. Oh hey did you notice that when she gets shocked by Rachel or something, she has fishbones in her sleeves?

@Viquey: I'll let you borrow a controller. My stick's Y button is brunken right now so it'll prolleh be a dumb ol' 360 controller. Otherwise, it'll be a fight pad (or the stick, since you can remap the buttons and you're not used to a certain layout like I am XD)

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
Im a Tao main myself, second Rachel...still trying to get used to the whole 2d fighter ****, was late to the party, even though I was a pro DOA4 player back in the day, it doesnt carry over well to 2D.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
well we always have a smashfest the night before the tourney. which usually means we get very little sleep. but if we exchange numbers i always have random get togethers at my place. And i pretty much call everyone.
Haha, awesome. Wanna exchange numbers through a pm, or an im or some such...?

Learn it anyway. It's not really different playstyles, it's just more effective ones. Yayness for happy n stuff. Just try it again with good company surrounding you. =3
Yeah, that's why I'm willing to give it another go. ^^

@Viquey: I'll let you borrow a controller. My stick's Y button is brunken right now so it'll prolleh be a dumb ol' 360 controller. Otherwise, it'll be a fight pad (or the stick, since you can remap the buttons and you're not used to a certain layout like I am XD)
The 360 controller would be fine, as I've never used any of the controllers you mentioned. XD Thank you!

Milln

Smash Champion
Yeah, that's why I'm willing to give it another go. ^^

The 360 controller would be fine, as I've never used any of the controllers you mentioned. XD Thank you!
Oki doke! =3 I don't really recommend the 360 controller cause it's a little wonky for BB, but Ajax and Bladd can use it... >,>... I don't see how... >,>.... XD

Yay for you giving Brawl+ another try. To clarify, it's not really learning different playstyles. It's building upon the existing tactics to create a much better playstyle. I do warn that you might not enjoy play Brawl+ with your main in regular Brawl. It feels..... really weird. For instance, Lucario in Brawl+ is so strange and frustration is easy to come by. So I switched to a different character and perform soooo much better and moved Luca down to a secondary position.

KO was telling me that it was weird for his Yoshi, at first. To reiterate, it might be extra unusual to try and play with your main, so don't give up! Try new charries. =3

_MidnighT_

Smash Apprentice
poor mk. i feel bad for him. at least i have my fawx and pink dressed ho. maybe a rodent

Top Bottom