• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Murder that attempt- How you 'dorf that move part 2- R.O.B's D-tilt

Exalted

Smash Lord
Remember kids, the Dark Lord prefers 1-2 hours of sleep per week and 6-9 cups of coffee (extra dark, of course) every 5 hours, all to get those menacing eyebags end dark rings!

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
I drink my coffee extra bitter and hot without sugar or milk. Darkness should be consumed without light.

Anyway next move: Jigglypuff's B-air

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Your best bet if they space it poorly is buffered SH U-air out of shield. Plain and simple. It also catches them if they try to be cheeky with crossovers.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
A2Z pretty much says, always be ready with that shield.

AND WHY IS FALCON IN THE IMAGE?
Because the occurance of such femininity as Jigglypuff's hitting such masculinity as Ganondorf's could only result in death for all.

:034:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Before: Read it and iDA before its hitbubble comes out.

Same time: Well spaced Bair/Fair

After: iDA right after its hitbubble disappears.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I don't like iDA against Jiggs. She's able to just hover right above its range while B-airing you, and her airspeed is basically faster than your iDA, so usually I feel like I end up getting punished when I try to rely on Dash Attack for punishing Jiggs in general.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
After: iDA right after its hitbubble disappears.
You have to realize that against taller characters, Jigglypuff gets the privilege of being able to full hop Bair, fh double Bair, or use any other aerial after the Bair before touching the ground. If I were expecting an iDA from Ganon after a fh Bair, I'd just shff reverse Fair after the Bair, which would still come out before iDA, but I digress.

Full hop Bair > iDA

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
You have to realize that against taller characters, Jigglypuff gets the privilege of being able to full hop Bair, fh double Bair, or use any other aerial after the Bair before touching the ground. If I were expecting an iDA from Ganon after a fh Bair, I'd just shff reverse Fair after the Bair, which would still come out before iDA, but I digress.

Full hop Bair > iDA
Well, it's pretty much Rock, Paper, Scissor, but with Jiggly beeing more successful in the long run.

I forgot about her FH.
Yes, iDA doesn't hit a FH'd Bair.

If the Bair is FH'd, our SH Uair is too good.
It hits Jiggly's hitbox from underneath(almost behind, in fact o_0), while Ganon flips his body(hitbox) down backwards during the backflip, thus avoiding the Bair.
(Special Note: Our Bair can't do that same thing to her Bair.)

Sure, I make it sound easier than what it is, but you get the idea.
It's definitely not rare, though.

iDA >>>>> SH'd Bair, though.
(Right before/after Bair's HB is active)

Her Bair is still really tricky to get around, though, since we can't always be sure (or react in time) if she'll SH or FH the Bair.

A Rock, Paper, Scissor in Jiggly's favor ~

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I'll agree that Sh Uair against Fh Bair work, and iDA is somewhat effective against Sh Bair. I only wanted to mention Fh Bair due to Ganon's height, which must be considered in the match up.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Besides that Jigg's B-air is ridiculously hard to punish when it's spaced conservatively with fullhops, the other real problem with dealing with her B-air is that pretty much every answer you have that "might" work (besides shielding) flat out loses to Pound the majority of the time. Holding shield is only good for so long if they're good at baiting and weaving, and walling this character with hitboxes is generally speaking extremely hard.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Uair Avoid Dsmash is the obvious **** they use it more for punishing and traps anyway =/

Exalted

Smash Lord
Those legs.
As far as I know, not much can hit through it if she's under you, possibly Dair.
Otherwise, you should try an Uair or Nair.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
We can't do anything about a well timed Uair of hers.
Luck is the only thing that can help us.
Hope for her to miss the timing slightly, thus making your attack hit her instead.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Z1g, you devil. How many times did you torture poor Exalted.:laugh:
Until he switches to Falco ;p
...And Laser Camps my poor ZSS ;\

Next move: Charizard's Rock Smash

Utilt >>>>>>>>> Rock Smash

<!> And it's fun as hell. <!>

Tonsana

Smash Apprentice
Until he switches to Falco ;p
...And Laser Camps my poor ZSS ;\

<!> And it's fun as hell. <!>
It realy is :D

Exalted

Smash Lord
Z1G, out of the gazillion times you've executed Uair -> UpB with ZSS, I have only been struck by it like, 5 times. And you always miss the Dsmash afterwards <3

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
%'s? Characters? Out of which moves? Distance/Spacing?

"Uair -> Up+b" is pretty worthless.
It should never hit anyone.

Why should ppl be aware of those? '_'

Exalted

Smash Lord
Most %'s, against Ganon and occasionally Link.
And also, UpB has been used outside of "Uair -> UpB". Spacing varied, but didn't matter much since Sideways Jump > All.

So...what was the point of this again? xD

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I never "Uair -> Up+b" - That's like begging to get Shield Grabbed.

'Dsmash -> Dsmash -> SH Uair -> FF Uair' (from like 0%) is hella legit, though.
Especially since one can start Air Chasing with up+b right after it.

Exalted

Smash Lord
Seeing as the move lifts you up, inputting DI diagonally upwards away from her should help if she's stringing you with it.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
As someone who seconds sheik after Ganon and falco, I think I can give the best advice. If she tries to go for the ftilt lock before 30%ish, DI down and shield, then roll away. After 30, you want to DI in and up towards her head and hope for a footstool off or to fall behind her and hope the sheik isn't proficient in cross locking with the ftilt. Be aware though that by DIing up and in you leave yourself more susceptible to an eventual tipper usmash, but its inevitable anyway if the sheik is doing it right.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
The main problem I have with Ftilt isn't the 0-70% lock or so, but getting swan comboed across FD, and stale Ftilt linking into true combos that normally end up killing me.

O wise sage, what are you thoughts on this?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
The only reason Sheik's MU with King of Bedlam and Chaos is so extreme is because of the acursed DACUS and Chain Jacket glitch! But oh, I've dealt with Sheiks myself and placed several of their heads on pikes!

Of course, it could be possible that said Sheik players didn't know how to do the Chain Jacket... that, or wi-fi lag got the better of them. XD

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Sheik can Air Release -> Regrab us across the stages.
Just like Snake.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Isn't Ganon too tall to reliably get air released by anyone besides Yoshi and Snake? If he wasn't so tall he'd get ***** extremely hard by grab releases just like Wario. But being so tall makes him ground break from grabs unless you tap up or press the jump button when you button mash.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Isn't Ganon too tall to reliably get air released by anyone besides Yoshi and Snake? If he wasn't so tall he'd get ***** extremely hard by grab releases just like Wario. But being so tall makes him ground break from grabs unless you tap up or press the jump button when you button mash.
It was a joke.

"Pouring salt on the wound"-style

Top Bottom