• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Faso115

Smash Lord
Funny, someone on reddit did a whole thing for these two

They explained they wanted them separate with Fang having the ability of carrying teammates.

Honestly that sounds cool but hard to do an unique mount animation for all characters. But, it would be cool if teammates could stand on Fang's back like she was a moving platform to mimick the riding aspect. I don't think we ever seen a character that can be used a platform short of creating one themselves.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
With my complete lack of any Primal knowledge whatsoever i must say im very interested in seeing these two separated simply on the virtue of “I wanna play as a T. rex in a platform fighter so fricking bad and I don’t care nearly as much about the guy who could be riding her”

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
With my complete lack of any Primal knowledge whatsoever i must say im very interested in seeing these two separated simply on the virtue of “I wanna play as a T. rex in a platform fighter so fricking bad and I don’t care nearly as much about the guy who could be riding her”
That's where a Universal platform fighter comes to mind and why Universal Studios should join in on this train.

Because Rexy would definitely be a shoe-in for sure along with Woody Woodpecker, the Universal Monsters, Shrek, Dom Toretto, Gru and Kevin, Stuart & Bob, Doc Brown and Marty McFly.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah I agree. MVS sometimes needs more fighters that share a single slot.
In a way, I don't mind the whole 3-in-1 Powerpuff Girls discourse, given that.

That's where a Universal platform fighter comes to mind and why Universal Studios should join in on this train.

Because Rexy would definitely be a shoe-in for sure along with Woody Woodpecker, the Universal Monsters, Shrek, Dom Toretto, Gru and Kevin, Stuart & Bob, Doc Brown and Marty McFly.
Whether or not Universal would play ball, I'd be down with Woody, and the opportunity to have Doc and Marty in the same game as their Adult Swim analogues.

It's apparently inspired by one of the characters in League of Legends (fitting, since Tony was on that game).

People say this is relating to a Naruto Character....Someone else says it's Osmosis Jones....How?...
"1000 Years of Pain", huh. It would make sense, given the leaks there was for a shinobi character...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Whether or not Universal would play ball, I'd be down with Woody, and the opportunity to have Doc and Marty in the same game as their Adult Swim analogues.
My mains would be Rexy and Dom Toretto.

Also just he idea of Littlefoot vs. Dom Toretto makes this concept so worthwhile. Lol.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
People say this is relating to a Naruto Character....Someone else says it's Osmosis Jones....How?...
LETS GO FAUST

It's probably actually Kakashi if the Ninja stuff is still holding up.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Kancho means to put your hands together and put them in someone ass (it's a comon prank in Japan). It is often associated with Naruto so it could be him (he used it against Gaara, pic to show). If I had to guess it feels like something Johnny Cage would do but I'm not sure if he actually does it in any MK. It would be fitting for Beetlejuice too imo but I don't think he actually does it.

mqdefault.jpg

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Again wasn't there this Ninja OC being talked about and how Naruto was just a placeholder name for that along with Hulk/Wreck-It Ralph for Brute?

Also if ANY anime character were to get in. I'd expect Sailor Moon, Goku or a Jojo character before we'd see Naruto.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Kancho means to put your hands together and put them in someone ass (it's a comon prank in Japan). It is often associated with Naruto so it could be him (he used it against Gaara, pic to show). If I had to guess it feels like something Johnny Cage would do but I'm not sure if he actually does it in any MK. It would be fitting for Beetlejuice too imo but I don't think he actually does it.

View attachment 360444
Johnny straight up does the splits and punches the foe's crotch

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
We don't have any 100% confirmation for Ninja being a replacement or placeholder for Naruto. As things stand right now, he's a Schrodinger's character.

View attachment 360444
Nah man, Johnny is known for hitting the other end.

He punches nuts, but doesn't do any kancho.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I really wonder how they're gonna work. Will they all be huddling close together, or will you play as Blossom while Bubbles and Buttercup come out for certain attacks? Or will they be a transformation character?
Because they would be too similar to Superman I'm not expecting the PPGs to get in.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
They would only be similar if the devs made them similar. The PPG have some of the same powers as Superman, but not the exact same powers. You could easily differentiate them.
Apart from body size, there really aren't any differences. They would just be smaller versions of the Man of Steel. I believe that they're gonna add more unique fighters instead of giving Superman three clones.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Apart from body size, there really aren't any differences. They would just be smaller versions of the Man of Steel. I believe that they're gonna add more unique fighters instead of giving Superman three clones.
They wouldn't even be the same class. Superman is a tank, and the PPG would likely be bruisers. Or maybe even mages, since a lot of their powers are energy-based. Just don't give them command grabs, and they're already different from Supes.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
They can fly and have super strength? yeah, total ripoff. Good thing they aren't adding a character that has a similar powerset as superman like Black Adam or something. /s
Plus they also have heat vision and frost breath (although only Blossom has the latter).

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Because they would be too similar to Superman I'm not expecting the PPGs to get in.
Just because they have some similar powers doesn't mean they'd play the same or have the exact same moveset. This is an awful take.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I really wonder how they're gonna work. Will they all be huddling close together, or will you play as Blossom while Bubbles and Buttercup come out for certain attacks? Or will they be a transformation character?
I'm kinda hoping it isn't them all huddled together. That sounds like it'd be a pain in the ass to play as.
Much like my crusade for separate Angry Beavers, I do hope they keep the three as their own characters. They all have their own styles that would make good movesets.

Are you for real? They're only similar on the shallowest surface level.
People seriously need to stop applying Smash Bros/video game character rules to cartoon characters.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i've never even seen ppg and i'm more than sure they wouldn't play like superman. kara, connor and jonathan sure. those three not so much

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
So, i went to reddit to hear what people say about the dream that Tony achieved

This Tweet
Screenshot (540).png

Someone said it could be Mordecai from Regular Show.

Then someone mentioned the creator of Regular Show had a fallout with Warner Brothers which left me worried is this true?

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

This Tweet
View attachment 360476

Then someone mentioned the creator of Regular Show had a fallout with Warner Brothers which left me worried is this true?
Only thing I know is that another show by the creator, Close Enough was cancelled after its 3rd Season and pulled from HBO Max despite it being made for the platform. Perhaps that would be it?

On a unrelated note, completing 20 matches as Batman from Sept 16-19 will net a new profile icon in celebration of Batman Day.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Only thing I know is that another show by the creator, Close Enough was cancelled after its 3rd Season and pulled from HBO Max despite it being made for the platform. Perhaps that would be it?

On a unrelated note, completing 20 matches as Batman from Sept 16-19 will net a new profile icon in celebration of Batman Day.
The Creator was fine with Close Enough's Cancellation, but i didn't hear he's reaction towards it getting removed & he likely did get upset over it.

Though i don't want this to effect Regular Show's Chances in Multiversus nor do i wish to accept it like that, and if they somehow manage to get Regular Show with Mordecai and Rigby as fighters(Seperate or not) would J.G. Quintel be allowed to return?

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

This Tweet
View attachment 360476

Maybe he got the greenlight for an anime character? I think he mentionned that was one of the biggest thing he wanted to do for the game.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
expecting characters not to get in due to similarities, even though the staff could easily find a creative solution
Don't do this, the last thing this fandom needs is fan rules that are easy to break.

My take is that they'd be a tag team that's always on-screen, just floating next to each other (and not huddled/attached, this isnt NASB) and whoever's leading at the time would use their signature abilities.

This Tweet
View attachment 360476

The IP is owned by them, so I don't think this would affect much.

Maybe he got the greenlight for an anime character? I think he mentionned that was one of the biggest thing he wanted to do for the game.
Given the kancho tweet we had earlier, it would logically add up. No matter what it takes, one step closer to Sailor Moon and Kenshiro.

i've never even seen ppg and i'm more than sure they wouldn't play like superman. kara, connor and jonathan sure. those three not so much
Kara would probably not be a Tank class, at the very least. How Krypto would play, that's funnier to think about.

The Creator was fine with Close Enough's Cancellation, but i didn't hear he's reaction towards it getting removed & he likely did get upset over it.

Though i don't want this to effect Regular Show's Chances in Multiversus nor do i wish to accept it like that, and if they somehow manage to get Regular Show with Mordecai and Rigby as fighters(Seperate or not) would J.G. Quintel be allowed to return?
If push comes to shove, a substitute can be used like for Steven.

Last edited:
Top Bottom