• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Warner Bros. is burning right now, so I wouldn't be surprised if Quintel had a falling out with it. Mordecai could still be added though; it'd just be disappointing to not have Quintel voicing him.
Ya, and would a substitute work? it's not that hard to pull of a mordo voice unless you have the voice for him, so it'd be hard to have mordecai without quintel.
Don't do this, the last thing this fandom needs is fan rules that are easy to break.

My take is that they'd be a tag team that's always on-screen, just floating next to each other (and not huddled/attached, this isnt NASB) and whoever's leading at the time would use their signature abilities.

The IP is owned by them, so I don't think this would affect much.

Given the kancho tweet we had earlier, it would logically add up. No matter what it takes, one step closer to Sailor Moon and Kenshiro.

Kara would probably not be a Tank class, at the very least. How Krypto would play, that's funnier to think about.

If push comes to shove, a substitute can be used like for Steven.
hopefully, the substitute does a closely good mordecai voice.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You know, come to think of it, the game is barely getting out of its womb, so it's still too early to assume that they'll take so and so approach for specific characters.

It might be naturally easier for some by sheer concept alone, but for others the creators could just research the source material for any creative moves that could be used. Morty is an example of a character who's carried by a ton of references and still manage to work.

I'd say it's best to have some faith in the staff.

On a side note, JG Quintel did say last year that he'd be open to continuing Regular Show if the fans want it, so we'll see what happens.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On a side note, JG Quintel did say last year that he'd be open to continuing Regular Show if the fans want it, so we'll see what happens.

God forbid can't let endings just be endings. Why ruin that?

The show ended perfectly as it did. Leave it as that.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
You know, given the ending, I occasionally can't help but think...I know it's not that likely anyways, but would Pops showing up in MVS cheapen that a little? Not that continuity matters too much for MVS, but still.
Hmm, Maybe as long as his arcade or role in the story mode subtly references the events of the finale...then again how is that gonna work for Mordecai & Rigby if they show without leaving people confused about them saying "POPS! YOUR ALIVE!?"

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Hmm, Maybe as long as his arcade or role in the story mode subtly references the events of the finale...then again how is that gonna work for Mordecai & Rigby if they show without leaving people confused about them saying "POPS! YOUR ALIVE!?"
I meant more in the sense of "MVS happened before the series finale". Granted the game does run on multiverse logic.

Yep. Tony had to clarify it’s Gizmo.
I don't know why this needed a clarification at all, given the hints, but okay.

In more actually important news...

Thank GOD the Justin Roiland absence for Morty seemed to be an isolated incident. So now we have our first voice actor to do more than one character in the game.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
I meant more in the sense of "MVS happened before the series finale". Granted the game does run on multiverse logic.

Thank GOD the Justin Roiland absence for Morty seemed to be an isolated incident. So now we have our first voice actor to do more than one character in the game.
Technically Eric Bauza is credited under both Bugs bunny as well tom and jerry but they reused the william hanna screams so i dunno why he was casted in the first place

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Technically Eric Bauza is credited under both Bugs bunny as well tom and jerry but they reused the william hanna screams so i dunno why he was casted in the first place
It's possible Eric's doing small few tom lines and maybe jerry too, mostly because i don't recognize were Jerry's Death Noises come from.

Where was it mention that Roiland missed due to isolation?

Edit at 9/7/22 at 5:21 PM: Um.....I think i know why now......

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I figure it's for the high-pitched screams Jerry does when someone kills him.

It's possible Eric's doing small few tom lines and maybe jerry too, mostly because i don't recognize were Jerry's Death Noises come from.

Maybe I really should start saying things in meticulous detail. :ohwell:

Basically, I was worried that characters after Morty might also use stock voice lines, but it turns out Morty really is the only one to get that so far (maybe Rick too by extension, but there's no way of knowing if that will be addressed by the time he's eventually added).

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Something related to Multiversus and DEATH Battle came from their fireside chat

The crew said that Wiz & Boomstick as announcers for the game is a possibility, although the fireside chat is very iffy when it comes to what stuff they say this one sounds like a good deal.

Can’t get Justin Roiland to record lines for Mulitversus but he sure as hell will do yet another fast food commercial...
Maybe the commercial was a quick n easy thing for him to do or maybe adult swim wanted him to do it & he couldn't turn it down.

A new update just dropped and the big hitbox overhaul is finally here. And yeah it's pretty big, this is going to be game changer, glad they finally worked that out.

View attachment 360503
Would like to see a video showcasing this.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium

Wait, I'm confused, what's this about isolation? Did Roiland do a big screwup, or did he catch COVID-19 or something?

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Wait, I'm confused, what's this about isolation? Did Roiland do a big screwup, or did he catch COVID-19 or something?
The original post said that Roiland absence was an "isolated incident" not that he was actually in isolation (just in case isolated incident means something that will probably not happen again, so Morty having voice clips from the show was probably the exception).

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Silliness aside, Gizmo had the honor of being the subject of the first actual Fighter showcase.

I can't be the only one who finds it hysterical that he actually uses 🍿 as a weapon.

By the way, the police car has been replaced with the Mystery Machine, which continues the proud tradition of Fred's ride getting ruined by random ways.

Meanwhile, HoneyluneHeals did some cool fan art again.

Finally, the usual round of leaks.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Silliness aside, Gizmo had the honor of being the subject of the first actual Fighter showcase.

Bro Clark should be his own character, he and Superman would play nothing alike. PPG should be the skins instead /s

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So given the movie comes out next month. Would you assume that'd be when Black Adam releases?
Basically. One of the recent tweets highly implied that Stripe would be next (presumably before this month ends) and Rick is most likely still far off, so October would coincide nicely for BM's release.

Plus, there is a new Batman icon dropping for Batman Day next week, so special occasions are almost certainly being taken into account.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

I can't be the only one who finds it hysterical that he actually uses 🍿 as a weapon.

By the way, the police car has been replaced with the Mystery Machine, which continues the proud tradition of Fred's ride getting ruined by random ways.

Meanwhile, HoneyluneHeals did some cool fan art again.

Finally, the usual round of leaks.

There's also mention of Wonder Woman getting a Black Lantern Outfit and Beetlejuice's receiving two outfits(Suggesting He's on the way)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
There's also mention of Wonder Woman getting a Black Lantern Outfit and Beetlejuice's receiving two outfits(Suggesting He's on the way)
Don't forget about the voice bites hinting at a Bruce Wayne alt for Batman. Makes me wonder if WW may get a Diana Prince alt, as well.

D

Deleted member

Don't forget about the voice bites hinting at a Bruce Wayne alt for Batman. Makes me wonder if WW may get a Diana Prince alt, as well.

There was a dr harleen qunizel skin found for harley eariler so it looks like most of the dc characters will get civilian skins

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Oh i didn't notice they added Gizmo bio's to the MVS page. Apparently he is here because of Stripe. Lol basically here to defeat his son

"My evil son has come back from the dead? Time to kick his ass"

Same character /s
Let's Hope Gizmo doesn't end up like Heihachi in Tekken 7

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Community Toast stuff.

There was a dr harleen qunizel skin found for harley eariler so it looks like most of the dc characters will get civilian skins
Yeah, I knew of that. I posted it here some pages ago, as a matter of fact.

Let's Hope Gizmo doesn't end up like Heihachi in Tekken 7
Given his track record, I doubt that he'll have issues beating Stripe, even if the latter tries throwing him into a volcano (should there be any added here).

Also, since Mohawk is the reincarnation of Stripe, it's basically the third time he has to kill his own progeny (although getting a ring out doesn't mean much other than a flick on the wrist at the moment).

Last edited:
Top Bottom