• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
I don't know if anyone posted these yet, but here are some supposedly datamined voicelines for Raven, Iron Giant, Lebron James, and Marvin the Martian from the Multiversus Reddit page. Based on how Raven sounds, she's likely not going to be the Teen Titans Go version of the character.

The voicelines seem to contain references to Daenerys, Rick, Gizmo, and Eleven as well.

D

Deleted member

I think Raven, lebron, Rick (and morty) Marvin and gizmo/stripe are likely the rest of the base roster. Gandalf too unless a cut really did happen. Maybe one or two others (scooby or joker) but I can't see us getting most of the characters who where just mentioned in voice lines at launch.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I don't know if anyone posted these yet, but here are some supposedly datamined voicelines for Raven, Iron Giant, Lebron James, and Marvin the Martian from the Multiversus Reddit page. Based on how Raven sounds, she's likely not going to be the Teen Titans Go version of the character.

The voicelines seem to contain references to Daenerys, Rick, Gizmo, and Eleven as well.
You Forgot Joker for Raven.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
The guy that first leaked the game as a "Netherrealm game" has come back and posted additional leaks

Most datamines are confirmed. Johnny Bravo and Fred Flinstone are coming but Mad Max and Harry Potter are in Limbo. Additional "confirms" for Samurai Jack, Animaniacs, Powerpuff Girls, Ben 10, Daffy Duck, Scorpion and....Ted Lasso? Wth?
Big if true, I'm definitely most excited for Ben 10 and Godzilla. I'm honestly a little worried since there's no concrete evidence that Ben's in yet so I'm holding onto any hope I can.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
The guy that first leaked the game as a "Netherrealm game" has come back and posted additional leaks

Most datamines are confirmed. Johnny Bravo and Fred Flinstone are coming but Mad Max and Harry Potter are in Limbo. Additional "confirms" for Samurai Jack, Animaniacs, Powerpuff Girls, Ben 10, Daffy Duck, Scorpion and....Ted Lasso? Wth?
No mention of Gandalf, despite both being part of this user's initial leak and having a full moveset and such in the data

Wonder if there was some licencing issues last minute. Would be a bummer, though. Talk about wasted development sources.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
No mention of Gandalf, despite both being part of this user's initial leak and having a full moveset and such in the data

Wonder if there was some licencing issues last minute. Would be a bummer, though. Talk about wasted development sources.

He says in a comment that Gandalf should make it, he's gonna double check though because the Tolkien estate are a pain to deal with

D

Deleted member

Interesting. Not sure I buy it we'll see

Most of those seem like obvious logical picks but Ted Lasso, really? Apparently Warner are a distributor on that and it is popular. But its not really a fighting series. Hmm

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
If true, that addresses most of my issues with the roster, though I will say I still think Harry Potter and Ruby should be priority after that.

Also... never heard of Ted Lasso but that's definitely an off-the-wall pick, I'll give it that.

D

Deleted member

Ted Lasso is a show on Apple's streaming service about an American sports coach who goes to the UK to teach a soccer/football team. It's fun. Not sure how it would transfer to a fighter but there are probably ways you could do it.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Interesting. Not sure I buy it we'll see

Most of those seem like obvious logical picks but Ted Lasso, really? Apparently Warner are a distributor on that and it is popular. But its not really a fighting series. Hmm
I mean they have Velma of all characters and plenty of other characters who realistically can't fight. Same with characters in Smash (Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Duck Hunt, Isabelle) and Nick All Stars-Brawl (Lincoln, Lucy, Nigel Thornberry, Hugh Neutron).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean they have Velma of all characters and plenty of other characters who realistically can't fight. Same with characters in Smash (Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Duck Hunt, Isabelle) and Nick All Stars-Brawl (Lincoln, Lucy, Nigel Thornberry, Hugh Neutron).
Oh it's more that lasso is a live action sitcom. So not something anyone expected to be picked. I'm glad they're going for unsual picks though

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Thank god. We don't need that abomination and disgrace of a show touching this game.
I mean, for DC character video game appearances in general, outside of specific licensed games, they aren't necessarily based on any particular incarnation. Batman in particular has so many VG-exclusive interpretations that you'd need a flowchart to keep track of them all.

Oh it's more that lasso is a live action sitcom. So not something anyone expected to be picked. I'm glad they're going for unsual picks though
Seeing this game's scope, I wouldn't be surprised if Eric André is put in there at some point. Seems wacky enough to fit in naturally.

That aside, it's a pretty solid selection so far. Can't wait to see if Daffy comes with Green Loontern.

D

Deleted member

mad Max being scrapped would be a shame. HP I can do without personally but should be there. Hope the issues sort themselves out

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm thinking it's fake because I'm not expecting any classic CN characters to be in the game.

D

Deleted member

The person got one big thing wrong (the dev. But you hear WB are doing a fighting game you kind of assume its NRS at first so I can let this slide) but leaked the game existing at all. Aside from Lasso those are all common sense picks and even that one has its reasons. Don't trust in everything but I'm willing to believe a bit in this one.

Also they're planning on this being a GAAS game that goes on for ages. Assuming it does well I see no reason we wouldn't get CN characters eventually

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
When i look at Ted, I did comedically question why him and not Sheldon Cooper? Then i release he was pretty popular, How?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Care to explain why you don't think we'll be getting any classic CN characters?
None were spotted in the datamines, while Craig Williams, a character who debuted as recently as 2019, was. Also CN doesn't really like acknowledging their old shows all that much. CN Battle Crashers notably only represented the 2010s era of the network.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Assuming this leak is real, Ted Lasso is such an incredibly based choice. This is exactly the kind of wacky off-the-wall **** that I live for and I really hope we get more pulls like this.

When i look at Ted, I did comedically question why him and not Sheldon Cooper? Then i release he was pretty popular, How?
Sheldon can’t be in because his gimmick of posting NSFW in general would be too inappropriate.
1A76E0DF-AC60-445C-85EA-377D7EB9D7C6.jpeg

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I actually don't want Ben 10 and the PPGs in the game. Mostly because I believe that if they get in they would be based on their reboot versions and not the originals, especially if Raven is based on her Teen Titans Go incarnation.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
None were spotted in the datamines, while Craig Williams, a character who debuted as recently as 2019, was. Also CN doesn't really like acknowledging their old shows all that much. CN Battle Crashers notably only represented the 2010s era of the network.
It's incredibly short sighted to say we aren't getting any old CN era characters just because the datamines for a free to play game that has a battle pass model doesn't currently contain any of those types of characters. This is a game that'll be updated for as long as possible.

You gotta stop jumping straight to shutting doors at the smallest thing

I actually don't want Ben 10 and the PPGs in the game. Mostly because I believe that if they get in they would be based on their reboot versions and not the originals, especially if Raven is based on her Teen Titans Go incarnation.
They're doing skins and alts based on various incarnations of the characters
You can have so many different versions of these characters that this shouldn't be of concern

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Very please with the new leak.
Samurai Jack, the Warner Siblings, and further confirmation of Johnny Bravo were all among my most wanted, and this also further confirms Scooby and the Wicked Witch of the West, characters I was excited for. Well, and Marvin but like, he had voice lines so he was de facto confirmed for a while lol.
At this point my wishlist only has four characters left. Wilt and Maxwell are long shots, and the Eds might have rights issues (since they had issues for PTE way back when), but there's one left that shouldn't have any issues.

Let's go, Grim!

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Gonna have to echo others here and say I'm really happy with this leak. I'm a big mark for CN so it makes me happy that we might be seeing some more heavy hitters of the network's history popping up. Samurai Jack in particular I am ecstatic for. I would say my next big CN want would be Grim or a Regular Show rep, these are my two fave CN shows

I hope Gandalf wasn't cut. The Warner siblings aren't really someone I care for but they're the kind of pick I really like seeing. Really happy to see Bravo and Fred are seemingly still coming. And finally, TED LASSO LETS ****ING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hoping for Neo, Austin Powers or Space Ghost to get in eventually

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Remember, this guy thought that Netherrealm Studios was going to make this game.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Wait, did they really datamined Craig Williams?

That's amazing! I've been watching their show for a while now and I love it but I thought they were a long shot for Multiversus.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Ted Lasso mains when they win the match

Scorpion's great and I hope they have a KO effect be the Toasty! pop up

Anyway I really just need my RWBY girls, Darkseid, Quan Chi and Jolyne to round out my most wanted. I'm confident in the former two and somewhat confident in Jolyne. Quan's got a long ass road to take though.

Wait, did they really datamined Craig Williams?

That's amazing! I've been watching their show for a while now and I love it but I thought they were a long shot for Multiversus.
Yeah Craig's got voice lines referring to him from Garnet iirc

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Yeah, I'm fairly content with this supposed roster for now. Seems like a little something for everyone here.

Wicked Witch in particular was big want for me, so I'm glad she's likely in

Ted Lasso is a really random choice, but I've gotta respect it, lol.

I don't have a lot of major wants for this game, but I'm still holding out for at least Neo and the Miser Bros

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Also CN doesn't really like acknowledging their old shows all that much.
They may not acknowledge their old shows as much as Nick does, but they still do it from time to time on social media.

Remember, this guy thought that Netherrealm Studios was going to make this game.
Ok? All leakers get something wrong in a while. He still called the actual game being a thing, some unlikely fighters like Shaggy and Tom & Jerry and the fact that the game was going to be team focused. I think we should take this leak with a grain of salt instead of dunking it in the trash can just because they got the name of the developers wrong.

Here are my own thoughts of the leak:

This is a REALLY good roster (if this is real). I'm actually really excited for a lot of these characters we've previously heard in leaks/datamines: Fred Flintstone, Johnny Bravo, Marvin, Lebron James and Scooby-Doo.

I'm also excited for some of the new leaked characters like Samurai Jack, the Powerpuff Girls, Duck Dodgers and the Animaniacs. I'm a bit sad that the Powerpuff Girls and the Animaniacs are going to be all in one fighters instead of seperate fighters. I feel like each of those characters can be different enough to deserve their own slots.

For the CN characters, I'm glad we are getting some old characters in the end, but I'm still hoping to get Dexter and Numbuh One in the future.

I don't really know who else I'd want, the Joker maybe? Freddy Krueger? I would say Jason Voorhees, but I don't think he's very likely honestly.

LimeTH

Smash Lord

If this is all true, then I am beyond thrilled. PPG, Animaniacs, Johnny Bravo, Samurai Jack and Daffy? Get outta here, that's like half my wishlist!

Those of you familiar with me in the NASB threads know I'm not a big fan of stuffing multiple characters into one slot if it doesn't make sense, and the PPG have always been separate characters in fighting game appearances, so I hope the thing about them all being one fighter isn't true. Beyond the girls all having different fighting styles and specific abilities that only one of them can do, since this game has a small emphasis on teaming up characters from the same "universes" for stuff like missions, it'd mean more characters for "The Powerpuff Girls Universe" for team ups if they were all separate. If they really do make them all one unit, that's super disappointing and a waste of some good potential.
I'm hoping the same if we get the Warner siblings, but I'd be game for a Pinky and the Brain duo in that big suit wearing robot of theirs. that'd be hilarious.

all this talk of ted lasso and sheldon but yall are sleeping on the true sitcom pick
View attachment 353462
he's coming

Last edited:
Top Bottom