• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I just realised that in the background of the Wonder Woman stages there's a ACME box in the background. I wonder if more stages in the final game will mixes different franchise like Playstation all stars battle royale did. From what I saw, it seems like the ACME box sometimes open and throw fireworks but it doesn't seems to interact with the players but I could be wrong.

View attachment 352994
I believe this is more of a general stage than meant to be WW’s, the stage is called Trophy’s E.D.G.E.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I knew it Cake is an alt of Jake!
Im definitly fine with that shes the only Genderbent char i think is Interesting!
If they do wannna give Finn a Female alt it should 100% be
Shoko Finns Previous Incarnation (she would have her Robot Arm Of Course) And unlike Fionna she has similar Proportions to Finn!
Of Course there are so many Great Finn Alt Opportunitys But i do hope we get 1 Costume thats Just Finn from the last few Seasons!

When it Comes To Adventure Time Characters i would like Ice King (With Gunther) Marceline and The Lich Considering ATs Aesthethic in Multiversus is based on the first Few Season i doubt they use Bubblegum as she Mostly starts getting Intersting Moveset Wise at arround season 7!

EDit: Also i hope paying works like it does in Brawlhalla as in Everything Can normally be Purchased!

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
It insteresting that Gandalf lost data from the last few datamines and the LOTR rights for games are up in the air.

Hmmm, i wonder if had to be cut? At the very least, Rick is definitely coming since Rick and Morty stuff is still in the game

D

Deleted member

It insteresting that Gandalf lost data from the last few datamines and the LOTR rights for games are up in the air.

Hmmm, i wonder if had to be cut? At the very least, Rick is definitely coming since Rick and Morty stuff is still in the game
That would be a real shame but I'd hope they could work something out. His moveset was in the files last time so he seemed to get far along.

Has there been new datamines?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Since The Nothing is going to be the main antagonist. Makes me wonder if characters from The Neverending Story will be playable characters like Bastion and Falkor.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Who is that and where'd you get that from
Named drop on Tom & Jerry's profile.

Also regarding The Nothing.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I’m genuinely curious as to how the story will go when guest characters inevitably start showing up.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Why would they add guest characters, they already have so many characters to choose from with the huge WB ip.
The devs confirmed that literally anything is possible, so regardless of if they need to we’re going to get guest characters eventually if the game does well.

D

Deleted member

Why would they add guest characters, they already have so many characters to choose from with the huge WB ip.
Eleven from stranger things is referenced in the files

Also they've hinted at non WB guest characters. A dev said they didn't put Warner Bros in the title for a reason. I honestly think they might want to fortnite this if it does well, as much as I'd rather it stay WB focused

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
How would Hulk and Wreck-It Ralph even be in the game when they're owned by Disney? As if Disney would lend their characters to their rival company. LMAO.

Not sure on the whole story of Naruto though.

D

Deleted member

The Disney stuff is apparently testing and left overs. Multiple characters have voice lines for Eleven though so idk whats happing there

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I also agree with CapitaineCrash. Why have guest characters when there are so many characters from franchises they own to choose from? With the IPs they own or distribute they could easily add over 100 characters even though that's realistically not likely to happen.

D

Deleted member

Stranger Things is a series that does an absurd amount of crossovers so I’m not surprised that Eleven is probably getting in. Not to mention Season 4’s Never Ending Story Reference.
On a similar note a walking dead character feels like a likely bet. Crosses over with everything

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
The fact that Guest Characters will be a thing with you know who gives me hope Doc and Marty from Back to the Future will get in. Also MultiverSUS with the Imposter sounds so funny I kinda want the Imposter in now lol.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Doc and Marty from Back to the Future will get in.
Universal Pictures needs to do their own attempt and take at a Smash/Multiversus clone-type game.

Lol at the idea of Dom Toretto vs. Littlefoot.

Rexy would also definitely be my main for sure.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If we do get Disney characters it would be funny to get Roger Rabbit so he can meet the Looney Tunes again.
Pfffft as if Disney would lend Warner Bros, their rival company any of their characters.

Someone like Eleven or Walking Dead would be a lot more likely before we even see a Disney character in Multiversus.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
How would Hulk and Wreck-It Ralph even be in the game when they're owned by Disney? As if Disney would lend their characters to their rival company. LMAO.

Not sure on the whole story of Naruto though.
If Warner Bros. characters can appear in the new Chip n Dale movie, then Disney characters can appear in Multiversus.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If Warner Bros. characters can appear in the new Chip n Dale movie, then Disney characters can appear in Multiversus.
Except its clear that those are just cameos and the movie is a parody and not serious. Difference between that and a crossover game.

It's like Mickey Mouse being featured in South Park or just Robot Chicken as a whole.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Except its clear that those are just cameos and the movie is a parody and not serious. Difference between that and a crossover game.

It's like Mickey Mouse being featured in South Park or just Robot Chicken as a whole.
Those examples you just gave are absolutely not the same at all. The characters/cameos in Chip n Dale are still their normal selfs while the characters in a Robot Chicken short are very out of character. The Mickey Mouse in South Park is also more of a exaggerated representation of the Disney company rather then Mickey Mouse's characteristics.

And Multiversus isn't a very serious game either, you can beat up Superman with Velma while Shaggy is a powerful fighter instead of a scaredy-cat. If anything, Shaggy is a parody himself.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
so did nintendo
Well yeah, but they only start adding third party characters for the third games when the roster was at 35 characters. Multiversus has 16 characters including an OC so there's 15 WB characters. I could arguably see non WB characters getting in, but later when the roster is bigger, but for now it just feels too soon for me.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Just tried out the alpha. I think Jake is probably my favorite character so far. His moveset is fairly devoid of gimmicks and his animations are absolutely hilarious.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I've been playing as Shaggy a lot, with Tom & Jerry, Harley and Taz as secondaries.

There's a rather annoying bug that sometimes makes Taz invisible, which is really annoying to fight against.

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
I'm going to download this tonight, so far from the gameplay and dialogue it has a lot more soul poured into it than Nick. But to be honest I'm happier that crossover fighters in general are getting more support as of late, aside from all the Anime ones that used to come out in the early 000's era.

Top Bottom