• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

amageish

Smash Master
We've known about perks for a while now. No idea if they'll be popular in competitive as it's not like Custom Moves got super used in Sm4sh, but they aren't paid - this was stressed in the reveal trailer as well.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
View attachment 352249
Next Demo is NDA free. So we'll likely see alpt more footage

View attachment 352250
Also we probably know who the next two characters are

Edit:
Coming to EVO
I don't get it, is the Alpha coming to Evo? Because Evo is in 4 months so I doubt they'll have the time to finish the game.

Also, wasn't the game in Beta recently? Why is it now an Alpha? I'm lost with this game development, what is even going on.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I don't get it, is the Alpha coming to Evo? Because Evo is in 4 months so I doubt they'll have the time to finish the game.

Also, wasn't the game in Beta recently? Why is it now an Alpha? I'm lost with this game development, what is even going on.
The game is not in beta yet.
What was going on are tech tests for PC users.

This closed alpha is an extension of said tests, but on all platforms.

D

Deleted member

I could see an open beta around Late June / July.

Last edited by a moderator:

UserKev

Smash Champion
Ngl, watching the trailer was fun. Can't wait to see what the next will be like with possibly new characters.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
its been a long time since ive seen the iron giant, has he always had that big S on his chest?

or was i imagining things and that was steel?

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think the trailer was amazing. It's fun, gets right to the action, and showcases how characters from such different series can come together as pairs.

While it won't ultimately affect the game's quality, it made me more excited about it. It's obvious the developers are putting a lot of effort into the fighters and making something entertaining.

Baysha

Smash Ace
I just realized something. "Multiversus" is not only a pun on "multiverse" and "versus," but it can also be read as "Multi-Versus." Referencing the game's team-based nature.

amageish

Smash Master
Pretty sure we'd get Hal and Jessica at the minimum. The former's the modern face of the character and the latter is the... even-more-modern face of the character?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Personally expecting the Bowser Jr. route.

Hal Jordan, John Stewart, Guy Gardener, Alan Scott, Kyle Rayner, Jessica Cruz, and who else.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
The new cinematic trailer was actually insane. It remind me of Subspace cinematic in a good way. I wonder what a story mode would have looked like if the game wasn't free to play, it could have been awesome with all those voice actors.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Top 15 most wanted fighters in alphabetical order:

-Austin Powers (Assassin Class)
-**** Dastardly & Muttley (Mage/Ranged Class)
-Green Lantern (Mage/Ranged Class)
-Ice Bear (Assassin Class)
-Lion-O (Bruiser Class)
-The Mask (Mage/Ranged Class)
-Quick Draw McGraw (Mage/Ranged Class)
-Rosie the Robot (Support Class)
-Samurai Jack (Assassin Class)
-Scorpion (Assassin Class)
-Snow Miser (Mage/Ranged Class)
-Steve Urkel (Support Class)
-Top Cat (Bruiser Class)
-Willy Wonka (Mage/Ranged Class)

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
My first langage is French and I just learned from the last trailer that the game will also have French dialogues with also most of the original voice actors in French (Shaggy, Batman, Jake, Garnet and Bugs have their original french actors and Harley Quinn have the actress who do the french dub of Harley in the Arkham games, the only one I'm not sure is Arya Stark). This is actually very cool and I didn't expect that at all.

French trailer

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I really hope that if this game does well enough,the we could get some Back to the Future content. It’s one of my favorite film trilogies ever, so I would totally buy a Marty McFly character or a Time Train Stage. Probably not happening like JoJo’s, but it’d be neat.

D

Deleted member

I really hope that if this game does well enough,the we could get some Back to the Future content. It’s one of my favorite film trilogies ever, so I would totally buy a Marty McFly character or a Time Train Stage. Probably not happening like JoJo’s, but it’d be neat.
While not a WB ip. I don't think it's impossible. Jt was in lego dimensions

Top Bottom